December 2018 Moms

Symptoms! w/o 5.20

New week, new symptoms? Old symptoms? Decreased or increased symptoms?

NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: Symptoms! w/o 5.20

• Getting real annoyed with the nausea and food aversions continuing to hang out, but at least it's mostly afternoon and night only. And as of last night I am (already???) having hip and lower back pain while sleeping in my normal position, so I had to do the pillow between the legs thing. Seems awfully early for that but ok! I think I may invest in one of those pregnancy body pillows very soon.
  • Had my first experience with round ligament pain. Tried explaining to DH what it was and just managed to scare him lol.
    Otherwise, fatigue lifted sometime last week, so that's been awesome!

• Loading the player...
  • Food aversions blow, especially since we're getting into the time that we need to eat everything in the fridge and pantry before moving. Of course I have no desire to cook (which is unusual for me) so DH is going through leftovers solo. I just need to make peace with throwing out food, because I can only eat salads right now.

Started sleeping in soft bras this weekend, I bought these and love them. Nipples feel great and gravity isn't painful anymore. Last night I didn't take my B6, and I'm regretting it a little. I'm spending as much time lying down because it feels best. Speaking of lying down, I noticed yesterday that when I lay on my tum my hipbones don't sink into the mattress like normal. I know I've gained two sizes in the hips, but this is the first tactile evidence of someone in my pelvis. 

Anniversary
  • I've noticed less nausea. Definitely have Round ligament pain. Frequency in urination to where I've been waking up at night and going about 3 to 4 times. I still have some cramping and bleeding (doctors have no reason for this). I've been even more exhausted and becoming more emotional. I sleep on my sides more since sleeping on my back is uncomfortable. I have a pregnancy pillow (my mom got it for me at week 5) and I've yet to use it. Maybe soon. I'm 11 weeks 1 day today. Oh! Breasts are still sore too and I'm noticing a change in a belly... more swelling. 
  • I've been super tired today still. In general I've had more energy this time than with DS, but some days the life is just sucked out of me. And usually every day after lunch, it makes work really hard.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Ladies I've been MIA for a bit, nausea and all day sickness has knocked me flat on my back. Getting quite a few headaches, and just overall exhausted most of the time. Typically if I don't eat, I feel sick...If I do eat....I feel sick. Lose-lose over here.

side note: the bump kicked me out of the app and made me log back in and a name change I made right in the beginning decided to take effect. So I have a new name now apparently (used to be bkcl629)
  • Heading into week 11. Slight nausea still. I invested in the pregnancy pillow in week 6 and let me tell you, I’m never going back LOL. 

My next appt is Tuesday (5/22) and I find myself worrying irrationally about every worst case scenario in the book. I have had no reason to worry so far, so I probably just need to calm down, lol. 

Let’s see, what else? Facial hair? Check. Sore boobs. Double check. Fatigue? YEP. 

Looking forward to 2nd trimester! So close, yet so far. 
  • Yesterday and today I've been more exhausted than ever before in my life. Good for a few hours in the morning, then by noon I feel like I've run a marathon. I went out for ice cream tonight (SO was sweet enough to indulge my craving for a root beer float) and afterward I could not get off the couch.  Not even to put laundry in the dryer.  Yesterday after my birthday dinner I almost cried out of sheer exhaustion.  Omg.  All I want is sleep and food. But mostly sleep!
  • @scaredunprepared
    Been there. It does pass, so hang in there. Take care of yourself, get some sleep. The laundry can be done another day.

• hbmama21hbmama21 member
    edited May 2018
    Last night was he worst so far with the nausea/heaving/etc (10+1). if this is like last time it will continue to get worse until week 14 and maybe be gone by 15? Ugh. I want meds. Everything hurts today from wretching, plus my son and I both have some kind of sore throat virus. Nothing like throwing up with clogged sinuses and a sore throat. /end whine

@scaredandunprepared root beer floats are amazing during pregnancy! They were my fav last time. 

@maureenmce Oh man, I fought the snoogle  so hard last time! Do it! My spouse finally bought me one in self defense and it was so amazing. I’m going to get mine from the basement tomorrow. :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 12 weeks 2 days today and this morning at work raging headache sets in. I never get headaches and if I do I can chug water and get them to lessen in severity. Not happening today .... I really thought I was not going to have to deal with this symptom. Some good news - nausea seems to be disappearing and I am finally starting to mentally feel more normal. Hopefully this headache goes away! Hope everyone still battling morning sickness hangs in there!
  • I'm feeling pretty good today actually. Not completely exhausted, very little nausea, I'm hoping this is the beginning of the end of first trimester hell!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @ab_canada I slept for like 14 hours!  I feel much better, but I am starting to get tired again. My new bedtime might be 9. Lol

@hbmama21 it was the most satisfying treat of my life!  I thoroughly enjoyed it. And now that craving has left, but I'm sure it will be back.  I'm so sorry you're feeling gross. I can't imagine vomiting on top of being sick.  Feel better!
  • livy94livy94 member
    My nausea is finally letting up some. I have had severe nausea so this is a major welcome. I’m still exhausted and have sore boobs..

Livy and Sweet bae due 12/5/2018
    Livy  <3 due December 5th ❤️
  • I’m lying in bed and sneezed full force. Ouch ouch ouch. Felt like my left ovary exploded for one second, but it feels fine now. I take a break from allergy pills ONE DAY and I can’t even be sneeze-free. *le sigh* 

Anniversary
  • k_m10k_m10 member
    I posted a full update in the appointments thread, but 2 nights ago I had some spotting. First brown, yesterday turned to red. It was an awful feeling.
    Spotting stopped on its own and per the ultrasound and pelvic everything looks great with baby, so that’s a huge relief.
    I realize I’m on the very tail end of the month (EDD around 12/31 per dating US, I need to change my ticker), but if you have any spotting def call your doctor right away. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm 12 weeks, 1 day and I think my body has given up. I came home last night, had an extremely strong reaction to my phone not working (my husband thought someone had run over my cat or something like that) and then proceeded to sleep for 12 hours. I woke up, had a raging headache and then slept for another 3 hours. Currently I'm in bed, nauseated, headachey, and wondering whether the baby is trying to kill me or I'm actually sick. I honestly have no idea.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • The skin on my face is so dry it is flaking off.  Is this a pregnancy thing?  I have been trying to moisturize like crazy and just did an exfoliating clay mask... but wth?  It looks like pieces of my face are falling off.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • LLynde5LLynde5 member
    @binxybaby I literally LOL’d.  

@kadeephd I am experiencing extremely dry skin but not my face. My legs.  It hurts a little to shave they are so dry.  I lotion but was told I need to up my water even more:( Water makes me sick. 
  • @LLynde5 I have dry skin on my legs too, but it doesn't bother me as much as my face since it's less obvious/visible.  I feel like I am drinking a lot of water already :/

Pregnancy Ticker
  • k_m10k_m10 member
    @abowls that’s so adorable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MDKC14MDKC14 member
    MS has ramped up even more than before. Went from being nauseous often and occasionally throwing up to throwing up every morning and randomly throughout the day. Insanely tired all the time. If I'm not snacking or drinking water constantly then I'm going to get sick.
    Married: 08/04/13
    DS: 11/25/14
    DD: 06/25/16
    EDD: 12/05/18

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I haven’t been on much this week. @binxybaby that made me laugh. This pregnancy thing is miserable. 

Afm, I am crying am stuff I usually wouldn't care about. Embarrassing.

Still having food aversions and some nausea but haven’t thrown up in a couple days. My MS was really bad until 18 weeks last time, so it actually makes me nervous that I’m feeling better so early (8+5). Though in fairness, I didn’t discover B-6 until late in the game last time, and I’ve been taking it consistently for a few weeks now. 
  • My butt is killing me today. It feels like there's a joint that needs to crack. I'm afraid it's the sciatica starting up early. Boo.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Our kid gave us gastro on the weekend. After that bout of horrifying illness, my morning sickness was all “hold my beer”. I do not remember this with my first. 
  • Nausea *seems* to be sort of better? I’m scared to test the waters by tapering off of my diclegis. That might be the only thing holding me above water right now! I’ll probably keep taking it until I’m out of the first trimester just to be safe!

My boobs are HUGE and sore. I feel so giant all around for being only 10.5 week. 4th kid problems I guess, sigh. Round ligament pain has been rough this week too- it definitely feels like baby is going through a growth spurt!

other than that, I have a horrid sinus infection that is kicking my ass, so that’s fun.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • LLynde5LLynde5 member
    ay-eff said:
    Our kid gave us gastro on the weekend. After that bout of horrifying illness, my morning sickness was all “hold my beer”. I do not remember this with my first. 
    I hate to like post the involve illness but “hold my beer” is funny AF!!
  • @ay-eff oh man. All the feels for you. That suuuuucks. I hope it moved through fast. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PensiveCrayon my lower back is killing me this week and my sciatic nerve just started up as well. Boo!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Definitely dealing with low blood sugar this morning - shaky and faint feeling. Luckily no aversions right now along with it (other than eggs, boo). Just had half a grapefruit and am slowly eating some greek yogurt with granola now. Just had my blood levels checked so know that it's not my iron levels/anemia. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @omnommer I had that a couple of times with my first and started carrying snacks in my purse just in case. I have no idea what caused it since I wasn't anemic either, but in my case it passed by the end of the first trimester. Good luck! It sucks to have that shaky and faint feeling!
  • Zero motivation to work today. I'd rather lay in bed and sleep all day. I've been more tired this week than I was early on! Ugh!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• I’m 11w4d and the nausea and vomiting eased yesterday for most of the day. So far so good today. Prior I was violently throwing up for a few weeks. My dr won’t give diclectin so I took some from a friend to get to my ultrasound. I wonder if there’s a black market for those magic pills. If I don’t have time to pee before I get sick... well. You know. So I’m sure my husband is super attracted to me right now. My family appears to be starving because I haven’t been able to cook every single day of the week  *eyeroll* the smells are just awful. Also yams are my favourite and I couldn’t get them out of my mouth fast enough last week!
    Can anyone else actually smell other people’s hair? Or breath? when they just walk by?! Three more days until 2nd trimester. I feel bad for all of you struggling with aversions and severe n&v. Positive note, I can feel baby flicking around the last few days! That’s nice. 
  • CecilB93 said:
    Zero motivation to work today. I'd rather lay in bed and sleep all day. I've been more tired this week than I was early on! Ugh!
    I’m at work today and have zero motivation to be here.  Not tired so much as just blergh. 
  • @jessiestg1980 I hate to break it to you but 2nd trimester doesn’t start until 13 or 14 weeks (depending what source you look at).  You have more than 3 days to go  :#
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Came home from a lovely but late night out with my husband. Apparently brushing my teeth was enough to start me vomiting. Fml. I swear one of the circles of hell “brush teeth, vomit, repeat.”
  • @echo-charlietango that looks like a pretty clear sign! ! I kept watching to see if it would happen last time but it didn’t.