December 2018 Moms
Options

VBAC

Hi ladies, wondering if anyone has had a successful VBAC Here? I had a c section with my 1st... and now living in a different state the town I live in does an all midwife run pregnancy center that consults with the 1 OBGYN in town... Anyways they are really pressuring me to do a VBAC and I'm really unsure and confused about it! It sounds great in theory, but I also don't want to go through another lengthy labor to have it end in another c section... seems like it might be a slightly easier recovery to just have scheduled surgery rather than practically running a marathon 1st? I could be wrong on that lol... Anyways the only way to get into the OBGYN is to basically commit to a scheduled c section.. I've done a lot of research and now I'm just more confused than ever... So what has been your experiences with attempted VBAC? 

Re: VBAC

• Options
    My first was an emergent c-section. I'm not attempting VBAC because I don't feel like I'm a good candidate. I've had the c-section, 2 LEEP procedures for pre-cancerous cells & had to have 2 D&Cs, so I don't feel like my lining is strong enough.

Why did you have your C? If you VBAC successfully the recovery will be much faster/easier, but of you fail to progress and C again, recovery will be harder than a scheduled C. Tough decision for you!
  • Options
    I had a c section the first time because he was too large and couldn't fit through my birth canal. My OB was concerned with how folded his skull looked and he would only decent about 1 cm during active pushing... as soon i stopped pushing he would suck right back up to where he was and was showing signs of distress. I kind of feel like now we know what doesn't fit... but I have no idea what would actually would fit. He was close to 9 lbs and 22 inches long! I'm only 5 feet tall... The midwife I've seen so far is confident that I could naturally give birth to a baby the same size... I'm just not sure if the pressure is there for VBAC do to facts specific to me, or if it's because if I don't attempt a VBAC they lose me as a patient..