1st Trimester Check-in | w/o May 14th

mag1cbeli3vermag1cbeli3ver member
edited May 2018 in Pregnant after IF
How far along are you? / EDD

How are you feeling?

Any recent/upcoming appointments?

Thoughts/Concerns?

Questions:

GTKY: Share something random and fun about yourself that you haven't shared on the board yet!

Mommies-to-be! Congratulations, ladies!
@mechelita44 11/15
@radmom27 11/17
@josiepasta 11/27 (twins!!)
@eabrahamson 11/28
@smillsy 11/30
@Joslynj11 11/30 (twins!)
@rlbradford1sttimer 12/1
@mag1cbeli3ver 12/1
@prudence9-2 12/6
@Ilky 12/12
@mamajudec2018 12/12
@DecemberDoll27 12/15
@smittenkitten123 12/16
@artemis618 12/21
@thothscribe81 12/24
@shellsbells01 1/07

*Please let me know if any changes need to be made! I will also add new mamas (and take people off if you don't want to be on the list).
*Edited to add new mamas to our group!
Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
Started IF Feb. 2014
PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
IUI March 2015, BFN
IUI June 2015, BFN
IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: 1st Trimester Check-in | w/o May 14th

• Options
    @mechelita44 and @radmom27 are getting ready to graduate to the 2nd trimester! Congrats ladies!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Options
    11 weeks, 2 days / EDD Dec. 1

How are you feeling?
    Feeling good. Was super tired yesterday, but for the most part, things are settling down.

Nothing until June 8th! Ugh!

Thoughts/Concerns?
    I'm torn about buying an at-home doppler. I know I will freak out if I can't find the heartbeat, especially after the NP couldn't find it at the OB appointment last week. But 4 weeks between appointments is so long! I also feel like it would give me peace-of-mind. DH is totally against it, and I know we talked about this a few weeks ago, but that's where I am! My anxiety is still so high, I don't know what else to do to relax a little and enjoy the pregnancy!

Questions:

GTKY: Share something random and fun about yourself that you haven't shared on the board yet!
    I race remote control cars with my dad and brothers. It's a hobby we've had for about 15 years. The cars are pretty intense (not like, Radio Shack r/c's, lol!) and there's so much that goes into them, from parts and electronics, to very specific set-ups. It's fun though, and I love having a chance to hangout w/my dad and brothers!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    IlkyIlky member
    How far along are you? / EDD: 9w5d

How are you feeling? Great! I have some nausea come and go, some random light cramping and my hips are permanently deformed (PIO shots!) but nothing to really complain about. I (and most of us) went through so much I feel like I cant complain now lol

Any recent/upcoming appointments? This Thursday for progesterone blood test and next week 11 week ultrasound

Thoughts/Concerns? Still thinking about hospital births vs birthing center. I haven't interviewed anyone yet so its giving me anxiety. Plus I think I want to change my OB. I dont need anyone who doesnt support my plan and make me feel like a weirdo.

Questions: 

GTKY: Share something random and fun about yourself that you haven't shared on the board yet! I cant think of  anything right now lol I guess I'm not that fun haha. But I did start talking to my son last few days. He was laughing at me being so fat and not fitting in my jeans and I told him he just needs to wait until he is born and I will feed him so well he will turn into a Michelin tire little man!  :)
  • Options
    Ilky   I totally understand not wanting to be with an OB that doesn't support your decisions regarding the birth!  Its a very personal decision that can change and you need to be with a doctor/nurse who is going to listen to your concerns and support the decisions you make regarding how you want your baby to come into the world!! 

@mag1cbeli3ver I know what you mean about the doppler - my husband and I haven't talked about it yet, but I know its something I want to consider.  I feel the same way though that if I can't find the heartbeat its going to freak me out.  I'm not sure which will be worse - not hearing the heartbeat on occasion or having to wait four weeks without even trying!!!  Thats also really cool about the car racing thing - it sounds like a cool way to spend time with your dad and brothers!!

• Options
    7 weeks today/ December 31

How are you feeling?
    Nauseous and just blah - really tired - though I had a pretty stressful crazy weekend (my best friends wedding!).  Last night especially was bad and this afternoon - I think I'm starting to hit the height of the nausea!  Sore boobs as usual, and some lower back pain/acheyness.  I've been really cold the last two days (the temp here dropped considerably) but I think its something I'll ask the doc about on Friday at my appointment because I've read it can be an indication of a thyroid issue which is somewhat common during pregnancy.

Have an ultrasound on Friday and then I think we will have one more with our RE and then we graduate!  We already have an appointment with the nurse midwife on June 6th!

Thoughts/Concerns?
    Want to ask the doc about the being cold thing but aside from that a lot of my anxiety is starting to disappate a little.  I'm still nervous and anxious the baby is okay but its definitely starting to feel more real!!  We told our parents this weekend for mothers day and they were all over the moon excited for us!  Getting to share everything with them now is also making it feel a little more solid!  I still stress out sometimes about symptoms if they start to go away a little or the little twinges here and there, but I'm starting to get used to it!

Questions:

Hmmmm - my dad is from England and I have a lot of close immediate family there.  i'm looking forward to taking this little guy or girl on an international vacation pretty soon after they are born to visit my aunts and uncles and cousins :-)  I had a passport at a few months old and the same is going to go for our little one!

• Options
    @thothscribe81  as soon as I’m gettting the birth certificate I’m getting passports. I’m originally not from the US And plan to fly as soon as possible to my home country so I could be there during the maternity leave. I think the fastest you can get a passport to new born is 6 weeks. So, I’ll be probably be flying at that point ;)

10w 4d / Dec 6

How are you feeling?
    Good. Was very tired during the day yesterday. But I don’t really have any symptoms. Even my boobs are not as sore. Which of course scares me 

Genetics counselor on Wed. But no US until the 24th (so that will be 3 weeks since last US!)

Thoughts/Concerns?
    Just hope everything is ok. As I really don’t have any symptoms 

Questions:

I’m a big classic rock fan. And have been to so many concerts. Sometimes I fly to different cities/countries for a show. 
    TTC history in spoiler box:
    Me: 42, single
    Hysteroscopy: 2013
    IUI #1-2: 2013 BFN
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    IUI  #3-5 (with Clomid): summer 2016 BFN
    IVF #1: 11/2016. 30R; 21M; 20F; 8B (6 day5 & 2 day6); 4 normal after PGS
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.
    Medicated FET #2June 2017 - cancelled...
    Hysteroscopy #2: June 2017
    Medicated FET #2: 8/7/2017 transferred 1 embryo 5BB. BFP. Ended in CP.
    Medicated FET #3: 10/11/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFN
    ERA: December 2017 - need an extra 12 hours of PIO
    Medicated FET #4: 1/24/2018 transferred 1 embryo 4AA. BFN
    Out of embryos.  :'(
    IVF #2: 03/2018.

• Options
    13 weeks 3 days/11/17/2018

How are you feeling?
    Like crap!  I have on and off nausea and vomiting.  I was working the night shift last night and ended up vomiting all over myself on the car ride home.  Someday I'll find this funny.  Last night, not so much!\

I had an appt last week for a nuchal translucency US. All was perfect.  I also got the results of my NIPT and found out that my little bean is genetically healthy and that I'm having a boy.  We are thrilled. 

Thoughts/Concerns?
    I'm starting to think about when I have to tell people at work.  Otherwise, I'm starting to relax a little bit and am starting to believe that this is actually happening.  I bought my first baby item this past week. 

Questions:

TW: I have three children that are 18, 18 and 16. I can't believe that I'm doing this all over again but am absolutely thrilled.  We are going to reveal the gender to them all tomorrow and are hoping that they will be as excited as we are!
    TTC since August 2014 
    Me: 41, Him: 43 

DX: Unexplained secondary infertility 

History:
    Multiple months of Clomid/Femara
    End of March 2015: BFP with Femara! Saw heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. M/C at 11 weeks
    Multiple more months of Femara
    IUI #1 with Femara and Follistem 75 units: BFN
    IUI #2 with Follistem 150 units: BFN
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    January 2016: FET #1 2 embryos: BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
    Nov/Dec 2017: Donor egg cycle. 33 eggs retrieved, 26 mature. 26 fertilized. 
  • Options
    @mag1cbeli3ver I cannot believe I'm about ready to leave this board.  This trimester has flown by! I'm also torn about the home Doppler.  On one hand, if I can find the heartbeat when I want to, Ill feel better.  If not, I'll flip out :)

TTC since August 2014 

History:
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
  • Options
    TW in spoiler

We had our 10 week ultra sound yesterday. Unfortunately they did not find a heart beat. Baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks 2 days right after our last ultrasound.  So we were diagnosed with a missed miscarriage.  It's been a rough 24 hours.

Guess I'm headed back to the IF Board as we figure out next steps. It will be 2 months before we can try again.  We have one snowbaby left so we may try another retrieval before transfer. 

Best wishes to you all as your pregnancy progresses.

December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options
    @ChristenMA83 I am so so sorry - please take care of yourself and best of luck in whatever your next steps end up being :-( 
  • Options
    @ChristenMA83 I’m so sorry! Sending you hugs. 
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.

• Options
    @ChristenMA83  I am so very sorry to hear this.  Sending you hugs in the coming weeks as you work through your next steps... ❤❤❤
  • Options
    @ChristenMA83 I'm so sorry.  There are no words to describe what you must be going through.  My thoughts are with you. 
    TTC since August 2014 

History:
  • Options
    IlkyIlky member
    @ChristenMA83 I'm so sorry to hear this news dear. I cannot imagine the heartbreak you are going through :( Please take this time to love yourself and heal. My thoughts and prayers are with you.  <3
  • Options
    @ChristenMA83 I'm so sorry to hear this.  This is so heartbreaking :'(   Hoping you have the support you need during this difficult time.
    Me: 32, DH: 34
    3 fur babies - Cali: 10, Lily: 8, Gus: 1
    TTC: 2+ Years
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    IVF March 2018: BFP Twins due 11/27/2018 

• Options
    @ChristenMA83 I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you so many hugs! I hope you can take sometime for yourself and some self-love. Wishing you peace and happiness as you move forward!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Options
    Exactly 12 weeks today.  EDD 11/27/2018

How are you feeling?
    Good.  Just tired and hungry.  I started spotting each morning for the last 3 mornings, but my Dr. thinks it's because I'm slightly dehydrated and because DH and I had sex on Saturday (which makes sense).  I've been chugging water all day today.

I just had my 12 week appointment - which is my first appointment with my regular OB.  The OBGYN that I have been going to since I was 18 doesn't do the OB/baby delivery side of things anymore, so I was referred to someone else in her practice.  So far, I really like her.  She used a doppler so we could hear the heartbeats for the first time (in the past we only saw the heartbeats flicker on the ultrasound screen).  At first all we heard was swooshing (which she said was the sound of the babies moving trying to hide/get out of the way), but then after 2 minutes she found the actual heartbeats.  I don't think I could get a doppler for home - I would be way too paranoid if I ever had trouble finding the heartbeats.

Thoughts/Concerns?
    This is more me complaining - So I took the genetic screening blood test 2 weeks ago at my RE's office and they sent the blood off site to the testing center.  It takes 2 weeks to get results back, so I was anxiously awaiting the results because we are also finding out gender in addition to the genetic chromosome disorders.  Well I get my online results yesterday and it said "inconclusive" because there wasn't enough fetal DNA sample!  So frustrating!  I had a feeling this would happen because the nurse who took my blood that day was new and inexperienced and only filled one of the vials half way because she couldn't get enough blood out.  She decided to send in the sample anyway, even though she knew it wasn't enough.  Anyway... I went back to the RE this morning to take the blood test again and now I have to wait another 2 weeks for the results!  I'm dying!!!   :#

Questions:  None

My grandfather's cousin was the mayor of munchkin town in the move the Wizard of Oz.  Yes... shortness runs in our family  :p

More to share:  I visited my DH's family this past week and we announced to parents and siblings in person.  My MIL was so excited, she immediately asked when she could share the news on Facebook.  We aren't doing a social media announcement or anything (not our style), and I haven't told a good handful of people yet, so I told her to wait until the weekend.  As soon as Saturday morning hit, she posted our news to the entire world.  Luckily I told everyone I wanted to, but my DH didn't realize the repercussions of his mom's post, so his phone was getting blown up all day from his friends he forgot to tell.  Too funny.

Also - my DH's brother and wife decided to also announce this weekend that they are pregnant with their second child (about 2 weeks behind me).  They got pregnant with their first child 1 month after trying, had that baby via c-section in December 2017, and then got pregnant again as soon as she could this March 2018 (all done on purpose).  After struggling for years with IF, it was kind of hard to be happy for them -- but I am -- it just sucks how quickly they can get pregnant.
    Me: 32, DH: 34
    3 fur babies - Cali: 10, Lily: 8, Gus: 1
    TTC: 2+ Years
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    IVF March 2018: BFP Twins due 11/27/2018 

• Options
    IlkyIlky member
    @josiepasta I totally get how you feel when everyone else seems like getting pregnant either right away or accidentally. After what we have been gone through for years, it kind of seems unfair, but I do feel happy for them too, its nobody's fault that we go through heartbreaks. But, I hope all of us will hold their healthy babies in their arms soon enough. 
  • Options
    @josiepasta That's so cool about your grandfather! What a neat thing to be able to share with others!! Also, I would be so mad at the original nurse who didn't take enough blood for your tests!! I'm sure the initial wait was bad - now it's just amplified that much more!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Options
    I'm 10 weeks today!!! Due 12.12.18!

How are you feeling?
    I had a week there where I was feeling really brutal but I'm doing much better than I was. I'm just really tired.

I had an appointment yesterday at my normal OB! It was my first one! Although, I have to say I was so spoiled at fertility doctor that it was a little overwhelming. Also, ultrasound techs at fertility doctors (at least at mine) are so skilled! I was not a fan of this tech, the ultrasound or the pictures.

Thoughts/Concerns?
    I think I'm just going to be nervous and uneasy until I hold this baby in my arms. It's just scary ya know?

Questions:
    Is everyone else also seeing a high risk doc at 24 weeks to check baby's heart? Apparently, ivf babies are more likely to have heart issues. I have another friend who has an IVF baby and she also had to do that. But, it's just one more thing to worry about ya know?

I have 3 dogs and 2 cats! They are my little babies!!
  • Options
    mamajudec2018mamajudec2018 member
    edited May 2018
    @josiepasta I totally understand your feelings about your brother in law and sister in law being pregnant again. My sister in law is almost 22 weeks pregnant with their second baby. My brother came over and told us in January and honestly we didn't talk to them for almost two months. I was so frustrated as to why they just couldn't wait until after my transfer which they knew was coming in March. (Oh and it was an accident which ugh you know.) I am struggling that now their gender reveal has been before us and their shower will be before us. And honestly that my parent's excitement is split now. It's frustrating because it feels like it should be my turn. But that being said, they are mine and my husband's best friends so I am working so hard to fix my attitude. My husband always says just focus on our baby. Also, it is such a blessing that our kiddos will be the same age because like I said we are best friends so we are around them all the time. I'm just trying so hard to be excited, and not worried, about my own pregnancy! What a blessing to experience!
  • Options
    Hi ladies, I’ve been lurking but am jumping in thanks to @mag1cbeli3ver and @prudence9-2’s encouragement.  I can definitely use more distraction now that I have to wait a lot longer between appointments!

8w5d / 12/21/2018

How are you feeling?

Really tired, bloated, and a touch nauseous (but am still keeping food down).  The nausea just started this past weekend.  Otherwise just a little anxious because our first *TW* loss milestone is still 3 weeks away.

Yesterday graduated from RE and met the new OB.  Next appointments (OB, NT scan, genetic counseling) will be 6/8.

Thoughts/Concerns?

I think @mamajudec2018 just gave me a new one :p. I’m mostly just trying to concern myself with one appointment at a time - but I’d also be interested to hear about heart checks as people get closer.

Questions: 

None right now.

I’m a relatively new (got my certificate four years ago) private pilot (but haven’t flown in years because engagement, wedding planning, pregnant, *TW* not pregnant, then infertility...).  I’m also a fraternal twin (have a brother).
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @artemis618 I'm sorry, I didn't mean to give you any more worries! 
  • Options
    @mamajudec2018 I was mostly kidding - but I really don’t even know how much I don’t know!
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Glad you joined us @artemis618 <3

I had my genetic counselor appt today and ended up doing one of the blood tests. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do the one that also checks the gender as I initially had two sacs. So the DNA from the other sac might still be in my blood... but that's ok. I can wait longer :)

Then, because of my age I also did the glucose test today... and it came back as GD... which is a total shock for me... I'm a petite woman.. I did gain a lot during the IVF (I gained about 10% of my weight).. Not sure if I'm diabetic because of IVF weight prior to getting pregnant or from the pregnancy. But now they want me take a class with dietitian and in that class they will teach us how to test our blood sugar. I will get the blood sugar test device and will have to test 4 times a day!!! Which means I'll have to do it at my desk at work. And I work in an open space... I can do an injection in the bathroom, but I know these devices, you need a desk... So I'm thinking to tell the guys at work that I have diabetes... Hopefully, they won't think of GD....Ahh.... I really didn't need any more complications!!! :(

• Options
    IlkyIlky member
    edited May 2018
    Welcome @mamajudec2018 and @artemis618

I am declining all the tests except the anatomy scan and my high risk doctor was ok with that. I should note that I am seeing the high risk doctor for another reason (related to acute kidney issue). Also, we did PGS testing so I really dont want to do any additional testing. 

Question to all: how much water are you drinking? I think I drink about 64 ounces each day but I feel like I shoudl be drinking more. 

• Options
    @Ilky I drink a gallon a day!
  • Options
    Welcome @mamajudec2018 and @artemis618!

@mamajudec2018 I'm sorry you didn't like your US tech. I had the same experience when I moved from the RE office to the OB. My tech was not overly friendly, and all-in-all my 1st scan with them took about 3 minutes. In and out. It was completely different than my RE experience! (And my pic was bad too...) I haven't heard anything about seeing a high-risk Dr for the heart b/c of IVF. I will talk w/my OB though, just in case.

@artemis618 Congrats on graduating from your RE!! Such a big step! And that's so cool that you're a pilot!

@prudence9-2 Oh no! I'm sorry you have GD. I've never heard of them running the test so early, but I guess it's better that they found out now? That's such a pain that you have to go through blood sugar testing at work. I have to admit that it's one of my biggest concerns about pregnancy is ending up with GD as well. I'm already on metformin for PCOS, so I hope that helps regulate everything. 
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Options
    @ChristenMA83 I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. My heart is breaking for you. Please take good care of yourself and think positive thoughts. We'll all be thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck in the future.
  • Options
    @Ilky ughhhh I don't drink enough water! In fact, I can barely drink water. It makes me gag. I can't drink our tap water or most tap water (even filtered) because I find it has a weird taste so I can only keep down bottled water. I can drink an occasional glass of milk, and I love lemonade however I can't drink it all day long. Really struggling to stay hydrated!
  • Options
    14 weeks today! November 15
    This is my last 1st trimester check-in :( I can't wait to see you guys over at the 2nd trimester check-in's soon!

How are you feeling?
    Ehhhhh. I was getting better but honestly I am still struggling with occasional morning sickness and nausea. I can't eat much or drink much. I have zero energy. And I am grumpy. I actually reached out to my OB today because I just haven't felt like myself. He's putting me in touch with a social working to talk about whats been going on with me. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, I see my OB next Tuesday.

Thoughts/Concerns?
    Just worried that my diet / stress level is going to hurt the baby. I am glad I reached out for help. Hopefully I can get back on track.

Questions:

Hmm. Let's see. I love donuts. My family is from Portugal. And I run my own children's clothing brand :)
  • Options
    IlkyIlky member
    @mechelita44 I though at the end of 12 weeks you are considered 2nd trimester. No? Ugh its all so confusing.

Ok, I have another question girls. My husband is freaking out that we are weaning off of PIO shots and stopping next week at 11 weeks. My RE doesnt test progesterone levels after 10 weeks and my hubby is concerned if it goes down and nobody notices it until late. for those of you who have already stopped progesterone did you see a big fluctuations after stopping it?
  • Options
    @Ilky haha I thought it was 12 weeks too but apparently it depends who you ask... some people say 12, some 13, some 14 -- who knows!

also I stopped PIO at 10 weeks and never got checked again... assuming it's fine otherwise my RE wouldn't have stopped it so soon
  • Options
    Hi Everyone, thanks for letting me join your board. I was on the IF group but taking a break for a while while we geared up for IVF. Well, wouldn't you know, we were very lucky to get pregnant naturally last month on a full moon cycle. I'm totally contributing our success after 31 months of trying to that full moon! So much so that we're calling this little embryo, "moon" during our pregnancy. We're super early still and I am just soooo nervous to let myself get excited at this early stage but am just over the moon about it!

Anyway here's my info. 

5 Weeks. EDD 1-18-19 

How are you feeling?
    Bloated, thirsty, excited and anxious! 

Our RE is doing our first ultrasound on 5-30-18. This will be our first ultrasound for the pregnancy after our two betas: 232 at 17 DPO and 850 at 19 DPO.  

Thoughts/Concerns?
    Last time we were pregnant we were monitored every two days because of abnormally rising HCGs. This ended in a MC and D&C. This time our numbers have been really good but I am sooo gosh darn paranoid that something is going to happen this time. You ever feel like pregnancy after IF is just 'too good to be true' and something is bound to happen because you're more than used to disappointment? Half the time I am overjoyed and the other half I am worried.

Questions:
    What's your advice on remaining cautiously optimistic and when does that go away? I'm guessing after the first trimester? 

I am an avid romance novel reader! 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Options
    @manders85-2 congratulations and welcome!!! I always felt like everything was a blur until my second ultrasound around 10-11 weeks when I saw my OB for the first time. The first ultrasound was amazing and so surreal but I was still always cautiously optimistic until that next ultrasound. I'm not sure why? This is my second pregnancy and I've felt this way both times. I think the first ultrasound was more of a confirmation of pregnancy for me and DH and that things were progressing in the right direction, where as the second gave me confidence where I actually felt okay saying "I'm pregnant!". At that point I always felt so much more relaxed and felt like I could start enjoying my pregnancy and not worry every minute. I guess it's our maternal instincts paired with years of infertility that make us this way, not a lot of people understand but I know everyone on this board sure does.
  • Options
    @manders85-2 I'm in the same boat you are!  Hubby and I were saving for IVF and we conceived naturally while waiting!  We tried for two years unsuccessful (including IUI and medicated cycles) so it was quite the surprise to us as well!!  I'm just about 8 weeks and that feeling hasn't gone away yet!  In fact we just had our weekly US and saw the (strong) heartbeat this morning and by this afternoon I was panicking because I felt a twinge and then stopped being nauseous!  I"m sure it'll start back up soon but I can't help it!  I think once I hit week 10 or so I'll start to feel more comfortable!
  • Options
    @manders85-2 I feel the same way. I am 10 weeks, two days, I've had three ultrasounds all with great a heartbeat and perfect growth but the time in between ultrasounds feels like years. And I'm concerned with the constant worry that I'm hurting baby. I don't want to fully get excited just in case. I think I'm just so used to bad news that I expect it.
  • Options
    Thank you @mamajudec2018 @thothscribe81 ans @mechelita44 for sharing your stories and fears too. Here’s to hoping i get where you are and past a 12 week check! I honestly cant imagine making it and will be pleasantly surprised if we do.

@ChristenMA83, i am so terribly sorry for your loss. All my thoughts, prayers snd strength goes out to you.

TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Options
    12w 3d   Edd-11/28/18

How are you feeling?
    Still exhausted with nausea, sore breasts and food aversions 

I had a boutique ultrasound on Thursday- all looked good with HB of 161.  NT ultrasound is on Monday.

Thoughts/Concerns?
    We are announcing to friends and family today. I am planning to announce to work tomorrow. Just nervous. Nervous also about the NT ultrasound but excited to see baby again!

Questions:
    Anyone else get nervous before every ultrasound?

I sleep with socks on 365 days a year!
  • Options
    @eabrahamson I definitely get nervous before every ultrasound. I want everything with baby to be perfect so it can definitely be nerve-racking.