December 2018 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 5.14

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest 5.14

• hkomhkom member
    @LLynde5 If we had a tick issue I would consider it, but I've literally never seen one in our yard.  We are urban enough that we don't have deer, so I think that takes care of a lot of it.  The mosquitoes are annoying but we can deal with it OK.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I found my BF for the week!!! 

My my sister just filled me in on how my niece’s softball coach interacts with my niece vs a little boy who plays equally hard as my niece does. My niece gets told to throw softer for her teammates and dial it down for their level. The boy gets paired up with his dad instead (since his dad assists the coach) and is not told to throw softer for his teammates. (My sister sits through the practices, so she’s witnessed all of this). They are in kindergarten! I forgot the subtleties of sexism start this young. I think it’s good for her to dial down and play at a level her teammates can, that’s good teamwork and important to learn. What I’m not having is that this boy isn’t told the same thing. 

*cue protective, angry aunt rage* 

That’s it. Even though they live 4 hours away and the kids are only 6, I’m driving down there for her home game and going to freak out their small, rural town with all of my blue haired, feminist, hormonal pregnant self. (I grew up in a nearby small, rural town so I get a pass)

• Loading the player...
  • FYI, chickens are great tick killers! A handful of chickens and do wonders for your yard.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • LLynde5LLynde5 member
    @Gwyneddlesliegrace I have heard that! But unfortunately I live within city limits and our homeowners association doesn’t allow them.
  • @tumbleweed-1 That is so sad that they would pull that at all, especially that young.

I realize it is not Monday anymore, but I need to bitch. I teach second grade and this is our last week of school. We always have to take everything down including bulletin boards that are air 9 feet in the air, which I think is stupid to begin with, but whatever. I have been put on lifting restrictions and have been a little concerned about getting everything put away, so I started early to make sure I got it done. Today, three days before everything has to be completely packed up they turn out a list telling us that we are not allowed to put things in the lockers. They want us to take home anything the belongs to us and find a place to store it for the next 10 weeks. Then, we are supposed to lug it all back. I am so irritated that they just expect us to have all of this unlimited storage. It is just so annoying that the rules constantly change. They claim it is because they have to clean the lockers, but they have never done that before. I am also dreading being 18/19 weeks pregnant and chasing my 2 year old while trying to get everything put back. I just needed to get that off my chest. 
  • @katy0990, I was a third grade teacher in the states and I always HATED the stupid end of the school year cleaning protocol- so illogical. Thankfully the last year our admin said we could just put plastic/trash bags over any bulletin boards we wanted to keep up for the following school year. It's crazy they don't have an alternative space for you to put all of your stuff, no storage room or office space? I'm sorry you have to deal with that. But on the bright side- it's almost summer!! 
  • hkomhkom member
    LLynde5 said:
    @Gwyneddlesliegrace I have heard that! But unfortunately I live within city limits and our homeowners association doesn’t allow them.
    Yep.   We would have them in a heartbeat but our city's zoning ordinance doesn't allow it.  

BabyFruit Ticker

• I know it isn't Monday anymore.  But I work for the state, so everything is civil service related.  I was eligible for a promotion last month, but couldn't even apply because my score on the exam wasn't high enough.  Well, I just got an email saying they're holding the exam again (first time in 4? years), and the date of the exam is December 1st... one day before I'm due.  :|
  • @Jens_Hoes I work in State Government and that stuff drives me crazy to no end! I am a political appointee in my current position so it doesn’t apply time right now but it did for a long time! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Re: end of year classroom clean up. 
    How awful that teachers have to pay for nearly all of the classroom supplies and then be responsible for storing them during the not school times. And that’s assuming you all have vehicles that can hold your bulletin boards. What about inner city schools where space is even harder to come by and more teachers might not drive? When I lived downtown in the city we did not have a car because it was a burden & we could bus it or walk where we needed. 
  • @tumbleweed-1 It was the same when I taught in the inner-city. Thankfully, I had a vehicle,  but I ended up returning from maternity leave before the school year was over simply so I could pack everything up.