Trouble TTC

Low Day

Hey all, 

Just needed a place to vent or release emotions I guess. I had a physical today at a new GP and asked them to test for pregnancy with everything else they are testing. I'm 12dpo and had my first round of Clomid this cycle. I've been trying to not build my hopes too high since I know most people are not totally successful their first round. My new Dr. said the results came back with an extremely faint line, so faint that she considers it a negative. I have my follow up with my RE on Wednesday already scheduled so FX a BFP will come then.

On top of this, I have 2 sister-in-laws who are not the greatest people on earth. They have made a lot of bad choices in their lives that they always blame on other people. It is at the point my husband is no longer involved in their lives for his own mental health. I received a rude text from one of them last night that really bothered me. I ignored it (because engaging in negativity, especially via text, never ends well). This morning that same SIL posted she is pregnant with the first boy of the family. The baby's father is a guy who dates multiple women and has had her arrested before for property damage.

I know life is not fair, but man does it suck sometimes.
Me: 28 | DH: 27 
Married: 9/16
TTC: 1/17
Dx: PCOS | AO
Round 1: 50mg Clomid - 4/18
BFP - 5/13/18

Re: Low Day

• @be08ryan Oh that does suck. I'm so sorry that your SIL are so terrible. FX for your RE appointment and I hope you have a relaxing weekend <3
  • @be08ryan yeah, fair isn't a part of this IF world.  I'm sorry for that drama, and I know how it can sting when those around us get pg easily, even when it's people who we deem "deserving" but especially when it's people we feel aren't stable/prepared/or even good people.

Also, not sure what type of test your doctor performed but if I got a faint positive @ 12dpo I would be POAS like every 12 hrs to see if that line got darker.  I have seen so many stark white sticks that even a squinter would be pretty exciting.

TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Loading the player...
  • @meri-mac and @wishing-and-hoping Thank you so much for your kind words.

@wishing-and-hoping I think I haven't been obsessively POAS because I'm too scared of a BFN. This is the first time I've actually ovulated, we've never gotten this far before. I told myself I can take a test on Sunday, that is when I'll be officially "late."
    BFP - 5/13/18
  • I feel you. The world is cruel sometimes blessing people who may not deserve the thing you have been trying so hard for. I have many cousins with children from multiple men. My not so nice sister has the only grandbabies and had no trouble conceiving.
    I hope you get a bfp.
  • Fx for Wednesday, really wishing for some good news for you.
    Its hard going through all of this pretending like everything is normal and fine. 
  • Well, I caved yesterday, POAS, and I got my BFP! I couldn't believe it. I probably looked like a cartoon character doing double takes at the stick. No wonder I was extra emotional on Friday. I've since taken 4 more tests just to be sure, all BFP. Thank you guys so much for your support and kind words.  <3
    BFP - 5/13/18
  • @be08ryan
    girrrrllll see.... that 12dpo faint line, I knew it!!!  GPs don't obsess over HPTs the way us IF ladies do!  Good luck and hope your line gets darker and your beta is strong on Wednesday.

TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• @be08ryan WOO HOO!!! Congrats!!
  • @wishing-and-hoping LOL! You were so right, thank you <3 

@meri-mac Thank you!!
    BFP - 5/13/18