TTC after 35

Introduction

Hello, all!

I've been lurking a bit and hope I've absorbed enough of the rules/routines to post. :)

I'm Amanda; I'm 36 and my husband is 38. We just got married last September. I was on BC till April 21 since our honeymoon (in October) was a Caribbean cruise and we didn't want to risk Zika. So we're currently waiting for my cycle to re-regulate before seriously TTC, but also I have a two-week writing workshop in late June during which I'd prefer not to have morning sickness (or risk MC away from home) so even if my cycle does re-regulate quickly we likely won't try seriously till July.

I am somewhat concerned about our fertility even in addition to our age; prior to going on BC (in June of last year) my periods were getting increasingly wonky, going from 5 days to 7, with increased pain. My husband also had lymphoma in 2010 for which he had chemo, and I know that can affect sperm quality. However, as we're otherwise healthy my doctor seemed to be of the opinion to wait until it's clear there's a problem so I guess that's what we'll do! (Though perhaps at a more accelerated schedule. :) )

We have an increasingly lazy 7-year old Boxer mix. My husband a software engineer, and I'm working on getting my writing career going, with some short stories published and yet another novel in the works. We're in the process of building a new home and getting our townhouse ready to sell as well. Looking forward to getting to know everyone! 

Re: Introduction

• Welcome to the group 
  • @amandahwrites Welcome!!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Loading the player...
  • @amandahwrites welcome and wish you the best! We are delaying our FET because we recently got back from a cruise where there was Zika, so we will both test ourselves prior to transfer, so I get it! Darn Zika! :smile:
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    @amandahwrites Welcome! So I also understand the whole wanting to go to the Dr before anything is actually “wrong” thing but I am SO GLAD I didnt Listen to the doctor and went to the RE immediately!  I just kinda felt something was off. We started trying for maybe a month and made an appointment with the RE. We have MFI( low sperm /Low morph) and I had A septate uterus that I had Surgery on in Jan. So my point is, if you want to get things checked out prior to really giving it a go you should. Listen to your gut.
  • An incredibly belated thank you to everyone! 
    @ndz2018 good points--after my two-week trip this month maybe I'll at least call up my gyno and see what they can do in terms of testing, and any referrals for hubby for sperm analysis. Thanks for your input!