Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO-Monday 5/7

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What TV show are you binge watching right now?
*TW* TTC history
Me:32 DH:31
Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
DX: Unexplained
8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

Re: WTO-Monday 5/7

• Options
    Month/Cycle: Cycle 1 (though technically I am supposed to wait another cycle before trying again)

CD: 3!  My period FINALLY came on Sat (6 days after my last Provera pill)

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture, BBT, PCOS diet, supplements

R/R: I am annoyed that I also have to give up sugar.  I have already given up dairy and gluten.  I don't eat that much sugar (since most things either have dairy or gluten), but I think I'm still getting too much.  Why does PCOS have to have such stupid diet requirements?!  

CS/Q: None right now.

GTKY: What TV show are you binge watching right now? Westworld.  We have one episode left to finish the first season.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, cm, opks

R/R: Had an amazing weekend but accidentally got sunburnt for the first time in years because I’m a dummy.

CS/Q: I’m only 3 months in to TTCing, so I don’t want to bother my OB/GYN if not necessary, but my luteal phase has been 8-11 days for the 5 months I’ve been charting.  From what I’m reading this is borderline LPD (especially the 8 and 9 day months).  If you have taken B complex to improve this, was it after you talked to your OB?  Is it too early to call about this?

Recently finished The Crown.  ❤️  Haven’t started anything else yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 Happy birthday!
  • Options
    LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    @sparklingdiamond Thank you! I've never had to give up any foods for dietary reasons but I can imagine it being incredibly difficult! Sorry you have to go through that. Years ago I stopped eating sugar and after getting past the hump I remember I started to hate the taste of sweets. I have a huge sweet tooth now but luckily MH doesn't care for sweets so we don't keep any in the house.

@quidditchcapn1120 Sorry about your sunburn! I never used to get sunburned as a kid but now I burn so easily! Or maybe I'm just more aware of the damages the sun can do. Hopefully yours wasn't too bad and you're not in too much pain!
    *TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    @LJMoon6 Happy birthday! Don't be afraid of 30, it's not that bad... I hope your appointments prove helpful.
    @sparklingdiamond idk if I could give up sugar, dairy, and gluten. That would be extremely difficult and I hope you see a significant improvement to make up for it.
    @quidditchcapn1120 I hope your sunburn feels better.

Month/Cycle: 2

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt

R/R: Both a rant and rave: I think I'm gearing up to O in the next couple days. I've had a lot more cramping than I ever remember having around this time, but I guess it's good that I know it's coming.

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What TV show are you binge watching right now? Nothing right now. Recently caught up/finished Homeland, Shameless, and Britannia. There's about 10 other shows DH would love me to get into, but I don't have that kind of mental bandwidth to follow that much TV.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, maybe opks,

R/R: Spent almost the entire weekend outdoors. Lots of gardening and yard work, a soccer game, bookclub, just generally a fun time. When I wasn't fretting about what follows...

CS/Q: So this is essentially a doubled up question on quidditchcapn's. I was very unpleasantly surprised to be woken up by AF on DPO 9 this month. I've attached my chart. If I put FF on research detector, it changes my O date which leaves the luteal phase a bit better, DPO 12. But if I put it on advanced, that's where I get the DPO 9 when it says O is CD 16. I had a few positive OPKs after the first dip, which just makes it more confusing. Is it possible that those were wrong? I felt like I read them correctly (just the dip sticks), but maybe not. Mostly just really hoping that it wasn't in fact a 9 day luteal phase as that strikes pretty strongly of LPD. Hopefully it was just a fluky month. I, too, read about B6 as a vitamin to help lengthen this phase, so I think I'm going to try that, but yeah, any thoughts?

GTKY: What TV show are you binge watching right now? I'm re-watching "The Office" during my lunch time work out. And the DH and I are catching up on the Marvel shows on Netflix. Just finished "The Defenders" last night.

@quidditchcapn1120 -- As you saw, this post probably looks pretty familiar! I was so surprised to log on this morning, all worked up over my chart, and then see your post and you're going through almost exactly the same thing that I am! Hope your sunburn heals quickly though!

@LJMoon6 - Happy Birthday! Hope you have an excellent year ahead! I hope both of your appointments go well and they reduce any anxiety you're feeling.
  • Options
    HLD3194HLD3194 member
    Hello! Lurker finally ready to surface :)

Month/Cycle: 7/6

CD: 2 

WAYDTGKU: Right now just vitamins, will start opk in about a week or so

R/R: Warm weather seems like it's here to stay finally. Enjoyed a nice boat ride this weekend but forgot spf so got a little burned. Also trying to get on top of all the laundry I've been neglecting 

CS/Q: Not yet

GTKY: What TV show are you binge watching right now? NEW GIRL! I have been watching it so often I had a dream last night I was in the show lol

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies and hopefully move on sooner than later 
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    @auburnvelvet86 based on your CM and the start of your temp shift, I'd say you Oed cd13/14. Unless there's some reason the temp on cd15 is artificially high. If you remove the second + OPK what does it say in advanced?
  • Options
    @meggyme-- You're right, if I remove that last OPK, Advanced puts it on CD14. I don't think there was anything particular to make that big jump on CD 15 not accurate. I think if I do OPKs again this month, I'm just going to suck it up and get one of the digital ones or something. Not knowing whether those positives were accurate or user error is frustrating. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    @auburnvelvet86 I think the advanced mode puts a lot more weight on OPKs than your other fertile signs.
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 Happy Birthday!  I always love a birthday as an excuse to send cute GIFs.  Hope your day it the best! 

• Options

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: pnv, opks, charting, bd

R/R: rave - it's gorgeous out today, and I got a bunch of new clothes over the weekend and am wearing a pretty new skirt, and my new haircut looks cute (still getting used to it though, it's about shoulder length now and it was mid-back before).
    rant - damn headache cropping up on a busy workday.

CS/Q: my temps are all over the place this week, I hope that doesn't make pinpointing O more difficult.

Nothing right now, I don't tend to watch a ton of TV other than Game of Thrones.
  • Options
    @auburnvelvet86 I had the same thing happen last month! I decided to go ahead and try the B complex vitamins since I figure it can't hurt, and it helps your hair and nails too.

@HLD3194 welcome!
  • Options
    @fantasyflyte -- Ooh, nice! Yeah, I figured the same thing, couldn't hurt to try. More vitamins are probably good anyways! I wouldn't worry too much about your pre-O temp swings. As you can see in my chart above, I had some big swings early in the month too. But all of yours still look like they're on the low side overall, so I'd think the shift should still be obvious.

@meggyme - Good to know about OPKs and the advanced setting. I'm kind of gun shy about them now, so I guess I'll have to decide whether they're even worth it, if they're just going to stress me out more.
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 Happy Birthday!! 

• Options
    Thanks everyone.  I ordered the B complex and made an appointment for my OB for my annual and if it doesn’t improve by then I will ask about progesterone/estradiol.
  • Options
    jrm_14jrm_14 member
    @auburnvelvet86 @quidditchcapn1120  Other things to consider include how long you have been off Bc, how long you were on it, and what type you were utilizing as well as mid-cycle spotting.  It can take a while for your body to find it’s new groove. The more information you can chart, the better. BBT is a great start. Other things include CM, cervical position, OPKs, and other symptoms. I have a few odd things that always signal O&AF that I wouldn’t have know without charting them consistently. 

I had my 7dpo (note: not CD21) progesterone drawn early in the TTC thing. However, I was having consistent 6-8 day LPs. My progesterone was 3.81 7dpo. Womp. 

Best of luck. 
  • Options
    @LJMoon6  Happy Birthday! Turning 29 is so fun I’ve done it 5 times now :wink:

@auburnvelvet86 I think I would go with CD14 as well. I do recommend the Clear Blue Advanced OPKs. I was hesitant to spend $50, but I’m using the same kit for a second cycle now (and if you were careful about the days could probably use it for a third) so it ends up being reasonable. 

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPK, CM, HIO

R/R: We had a fun weekend which included lots of drinks with BFs parents, buuuttt now my temps are crazy. I discarded a couple and am hoping this doesn’t mess with O detection. 

CS/Q: 

We have been watching Brooklyn 99. I’d never seen it prior to a couple weeks ago. It’s pretty hilarious and doesn’t require too much emotional energy. 
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing your insights @jrm_14 . I had a Mirena for 4 years or so, and had it out about 2 1/2 months ago. I guess I didn't think much of it since it's a low hormone method of bc, but I guess hormones are hormones, so hopefully that is it. I'll do as you suggest, and try to chart more information to get a clearer idea. Thanks again for your input!!

@TJtheGoat -- That answered an unasked question I had about re-using OPKs, and thanks for the brand suggestion!
  • Options
    LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for the birthday wishes ladies!
    Update on my appointments: I really like my OB. She ordered the HSG and CD3 bloodwork. I'm scheduled for the HSG for this Thursday! I'm so happy we are squeezing it in this cycle! She mentioned doing a couple clomid cycles with her and/or IUI cycle with an RE. She's going to leave it up to me and whatever I feel most comfortable with. I'll probably wait a couple of cycles after the HSG before making a decision. 
    My MRI came back as stable! I liked my neurosurgeon better the second time seeing him. I do still have a slight syrinx but the NS thinks it's just residual from before surgery. He also mentioned a kinked angle of my head but again this is stable. He said he'd be comfortable with me going ahead and getting pregnant (um good because we have been trying for a year!). He did emphasize that just because I'm stable right now does not mean I won't develop worsening symptoms during a pregnancy. In fact it's very possible for me to get worse... ugh. He also said that we'd have to "wait and see" how my body handles a pregnancy before he would clear me for a vaginal delivery. I am perfectly ok with that.
    One thing that did concern me was passing this on to my children. I asked the NS about it and he wants to send us to a geneticist. Given my family history it makes sense (my father having an unknown neurological disorder, my brother having spina bifida, and me with scoliosis and chiari malformation) and on top of that MH having a neurological disorder (full body essential tremors). I'm glad to be seeing a geneticist but at the same time it's like my fears are being validated by the NS agreeing that it should be checked.
    *TW* TTC history

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 38/36

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Waiting for IVF#4 (most other supplements listed in the GTKY thread)

R/R: The sun has got his hat on , hip hip hip hooray! Sadly I have to work and DH is off sick. Hoping he’s just got a bug and nothing else.
    More medication stress this week as one of the meds my RE has prescribed isn’t available here. Ahhhh...

CS/Q: Hoping the next days temps will confirm O and then I’m on track for AF in two weeks and hopefully start of the IVF cycle!

Sad as it may seem I’m on my fourth run through of Greys Anatomy in the last half a year. I watched it almost exclusively whilst writing my thesis the last 5 months. So I know how many hours I spent on it! 

@tjthegoat sounds like it was a great weekend!

@fantasyflyte oh yes those temps are a bit wonky

@hld3194 welcome out of lurkerdom!

@auburnvelvet86 what brand of OPKs are you using? It’s very rare to get two true positives with a day in between. Are you sure the lines were both darker, not only as dark as? I think the second +OPK is what is overriding the other things on advanced. If you took that second plus out what does FF say on advanced? Also the more days during FW you can consecutively put in all the signs the more reliable

@ljmoon6 hope you get good results from the mri

@sparklingdiamond yay for AF but boo to no sugar. I’m also gluten and dairy free and no sorbitol as I am intolerant to that but can have normal sugar, although if I have a heavy sugar day my RA flares so I just try to avoid sugar in the TWW 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    @LJMoon6 Happy birthday!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, OPK, charting

R/R: One thing that sucks about psych meds is the weight gain and how hard it is to lose the weight. Maybe part of it is just being in my 30s now, but I also have an appointment to have my thyroid levels checked on Wednesday. I've been walking 2 miles six days a week for the last five weeks, on top of eating healthy and cutting calories, and I've barely lost anything. It's just mildly frustrating.

CS/Q: None

GTKY: What TV show are you binge watching right now? DH has been binge watching The X-Files, so I guess you could say I've been passively binge watching it too.

• Options
    @jrm_14 Thank you for the info.  I am tracking all the things at this point and will continue to do so.
  • Options
    @emmasemm I love Greys! Even though the middle seasons got a little crazy, it’s my go to to re-watch. I’m freaking out about the upcoming season finale. I don’t want to spoil anything, but I saw a few things online that had me like :'(
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Using my first OPKs in the morning to see where I am at. This is the first cycle I can try again after a loss, and they are pretty regular, but a little longer than they used to be, so not quite sure exactly when I will O.

R/R: I was a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding this past Saturday and it was the happiest I've been in a couple of months. I am very blessed by my family and it was just so wonderful to have everyone together for such a fun occassion. It's been a long time coming for she and her now husband, so extra reason to celebrate! I'm still working through some emotions as they come up, but doing alright.

CS/Q: I haven't been doing a chart yet. I wil definitely be starting BBT and such if this cycle doesn't work out. I'm just getting back in the swing of things.

GTKY: What TV show are you binge watching right now? The Office! We had never seen it before, SHOCK!, but it's wonderful and we are really enjoying it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    *lurking from nowhere*

@LJMoon6 I found this article that might interest you to read: https://www.conquerchiari.org/articles/other-topics/family-impact/chiari-&-pregnancy.html

Also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN