June 2018 Moms

Symptoms [April]

Re: Symptoms [April]

• starla487 said:
    So they look like insect bites. But I have an allergic reaction to insect bites on my legs, so I don’t think they are actually bites. They are itchy AF and sting a bit if touched. I also have a few small hive-like red marks popping up. That was kind of the tip off for me to look it up. 

Luckily, there isn’t really a risk other than it’s a pain in the ass.
    Sounds more uncomfortable than anything :(

Mine doesn't sound like that, so likely something else. They don't bug me, looks more like irritation/bad dry skin and I never remember about it until I'm in the shower.
  • Late to the conversation here but for the leg cramps of you haven't tried a magnesium supplement it is totally worth trying. With my son I was waking up like 4 or 5 times a night every damn night with a Charlie horse and/or foot cramp. A friend recommended the calm magnesium powder and I thought why the hell not. I had already tried potassium and it didn't cut it. The calm magnesium was a game changer. As long as I remembered to take it I didn't get cramps at all. I recommended the magnesium to my mother and my husband since they both get a lot of leg cramps and they both said the magnesium is basically the best thing ever.

Fair warning: if you take too much the magnesium will give you bad diarrhea. So maybe start with a lower dose and work your way up each day till you find what works for you.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • So it's not a me symptom per say, but after some curiosity I did look it up.

My H is nesting!!

I looked it up to see if it was a thing, and apparently it is. He's been doing crazy cleaning and organizing of our basement. {just a time line reference - we bought our house in Sept 2016; got outlets put in the basement in early Sept 2017; I found out I was pregnant in late Sept 2017; he started work bench around same time}
    He finished the work bench this past weekend and he's been mad cleaning the area {"man cave" *rolls eyes*} all week now. Cleared up some space so he can be able to move couches back for LO if she's with him down there.

Anyways, when I looked it up apparently guys get nesting too - especially first time dads but it's not the same as the women. Guys will want to change vehicle, or set up a man cave {hehe}, and one guy felt that he needed to buy certain tools.
    I sent the below article to my H, because I've been joking he's nesting.

Cue the tears. I thought it's so cute/sweet he's doing this even if he claims otherwise.

Article:
    https://www.parentmap.com/article/male-nesting-how-expecting-fathers-prepare-during-pregnancy
  • I’m thinking about trying the magnesium- the last 3 nights I’ve woke up with what’s like a charley horse, but on the lateral side (outside) of my lower leg instead of the calf muscle. It’s so wierd and how do you even stretch that muscle to get the cramp to stop?!?  :s

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 2589 said:
    I’m thinking about trying the magnesium- the last 3 nights I’ve woke up with what’s like a charley horse, but on the lateral side (outside) of my lower leg instead of the calf muscle. It’s so wierd and how do you even stretch that muscle to get the cramp to stop?!?  :s
    I stand and move around, stretching every part of my leg when I get it and mine is only the back of my calf
  • Omg, the SPD pain is real today guys.  I put on my prenatal cradle and it helps some with that but it's so freaking uncomfortable to wear.

I've been "first trimester" tired too.

The struggle is real.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @MissKittyDanger Wow, I hope MH gets some of that! I have been begging him to organize stuff and he keeps saying he will, then does nothing. Blargh!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 honestly anyone I asked never had their husband's do it .... so maybe it depends on the guy? M often does go through this, he'll finally finish a project then it's like everything around him is finally getting done. I just find it ironic with timing ;) he thinks he's not nesting, I think he is. A lot of stuff was getting done at 8pm - he had a random urge to do stuff lol
  • @sabby2 I feel your pain.  It didn't help that my doctor told me yesterday that this pain is just something I have to deal with until I deliver.  But that if it gets too bad, she'll offer me a walker or oxy - - I was like seriously? There is nothing in between doing nothing and oxy that will offer relief?!
  • @marcus7676 they offered physical therapy to me... not sure if I want to try to fit that in my already chaotic schedule...
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• if MH starts nesting, I will literally die of shock. 
  • if MH starts nesting, I will literally die of shock. 
    I started crying .... even if I wasn't pregnant I probably would have cried anyways, but more in a "it's so clean .... I'm so happy :') " instead of the "you're nesting and that's adorable :') " version
  • @sabby2 my OB said I could try PT (or chiro), but that it wouldn't help (except in the short term) because it is all based on the way the baby is sitting.  My schedule is crazy and I don't want to try to fit in additional appointments, so I'm skipping the PT and chiro since she was so meh on it.  I do have three prenatal massages scheduled in the next 5 weeks though :-)
  • So, my OB said to try ice for the sore, bruised feeling with spd... so I'm icing my groin... that's a first for me...

Also laying with my feet up because my ankles are nice and swollen this week..
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• lisa2589lisa2589 member
    edited April 2018
    @sabby2 it all sounds so nice and relaxing! :wink:

@starla487 did she give you any idea of a safe topical to use despite not knowing quite what it is? I wonder about the Aveeno anti itch cream, it seems pretty mild and I use it for bug bites. I don’t have any specifics on the ingredients though so don’t quote me. 
    ETA: meh, it doesn’t have a pregnancy category and says Only if necessary: insufficient human evidence. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sabby2 did you find relief? I saw that as an option but didn’t want to start using my ice packs yet (saving that joy for post partum). 
  • @starla487 I found out semi recently that you can actually catch that stuff airborne. My dad did just from coming in and out of the house. Doctor said it wasn’t all that common to do it, but that it isn’t impossible. Lovely. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @marcus7676 it actually did help some.  I didn't use packs that I would use postpartum.  Just a regular ice pack wrapped in a towel.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @starla487 I found out semi recently that you can actually catch that stuff airborne. My dad did just from coming in and out of the house. Doctor said it wasn’t all that common to do it, but that it isn’t impossible. Lovely. 
    Argh???!!! What? Great. Imma gonna stay in the house forever.

@2589 Caladryl, basically. And if needed, a low dose steroid cream. I’ve got a benedryl spray that’s been semi effective, but she said the caladryl will dry it up.
  • @MissKittyDanger that’s adorable your husband is nesting. This is my third and my H has yet to get bit by that bug. Third times a charm though right...
  • @chartermama he's 100% in denial about it being nesting lmao but anytime I mention it to people {in front of him} they agree it's a form of nesting :) he's running out of excuses ;)
  • Sorry i kind of fell off the face of the Earth for awhile and sorry this is TMI but anyone have pregnancy hemorrhoids? I've never had one before and almost 100% positive i do. Doesn't hurt but i can see it and just wondering if i need to be worried and if there's anything i can do. 
  • sheswifty said:
    Sorry i kind of fell off the face of the Earth for awhile and sorry this is TMI but anyone have pregnancy hemorrhoids? I've never had one before and almost 100% positive i do. Doesn't hurt but i can see it and just wondering if i need to be worried and if there's anything i can do. 
    They are a pretty common occurrence at this stage and beyond. Generally, if they aren’t hurting, bleeding, uncomfortable, or spreading, and I’m fairly regular, I kind of just let them lie. There isn’t much you can do with them while pregnant beyond treating them when they get awful.

If you aren’t having poop issues, then hemorrhoid cream or witch hazel are your own only real saving graces.
  • Is there a May symptoms page yet??? Has anyone else have a numb spots of their baby bumps?? Mine is just below my breasts on the top middle of my belly...I heard it's normal due to stretched skin or baby on nerves??? Is this true?
  • 1stmurphybaby I think everyone left and went to their special cool kids only Facebook page so I don’t foresee a May or June or any other thread.  They also took anyone who didn’t participate on their schedule off the excel
    list so there’s no knowing who would be left.

as for numb spots yes totally normal.  Like you said with all the stretching and baby really make for some fun experiences.  I’m assuming anything that doesn’t ache must be numb because everything aches! 
  • I participated a lot actually.  What are you doing back here?  Aren’t your new bffs waiting for you over in your new clubhouse?
  • LukesMom16LukesMom16 member
    edited May 2018
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • So move on!  You have a new place, go!  Why are you coming back here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"