Baby Names
Options

Woodfin Woodard? Too much???

My incredible grandfather, Woodfin, died this year at 98 years old. I would love to honor him by naming my son after him, but DH’s last name is Woodard. I had been completely discounting the idea because...well, I thought it was too much Wood. Woodfin Woodard.

Re: Woodfin Woodard? Too much???

• Options
    I’m sorry about your grandfather but that’s too much. I went to grade school with Henry McHenry and still think about it. Maybe a middle name? Or did he have a middle name that would work

• Options
    bawagsbawags member
    Too much IMO. Middle name maybe?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My cousin’s kid already has the middle name, and we are using my last name as his middle name. So it’s really Woodfin first name or go in a different direction. Oh well. Thanks for the feedback! Anyone else have thoughts?
  • Options
    DanyTargaryenDanyTargaryen member
    edited May 2018
    I'm sorry about your grandfather's passing, but yes, that is way too much. Middle name it if you really want to use it, but please don't use it for baby's first name.

ETA: I see I missed that you posted you won't middle name it. In that case I wouldn't use it at all. Not sure what your taste in names is in general, but what about Finn as a spin-off of it?
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    Way too much.  Finn Woodard would be an option.  
  • Options
    Did your grandfather have a middle name that you could use? 
  • Options
    Agree with others. Finn or grandpa’s middle name.
  • Options
    Love the idea of Finn! Woodfin would be too much. 
  • Options
    As a first name? Too much. But I love it for a middle name! My son has my grandpas first name as his middle name.