November 2018 Moms

GTKY: What are you watching?

This is the place where we tell each other what movies and tv shows we’ve seen lately, what’s good, and what’s bad.

Also, If enough people are watching a particular show or movie they can start their own thread about it. For example, if anyone wants to talk Westworld with me, I am here for it. 

Re: GTKY: What are you watching?

• I finished The Let Down on Netflix last week and I kind of love/hated it. As a mom, of course I related to it, but it also made me super depressed about going through the newborn stage all over again soon. If you're a FTM and you're already nervous/scared of how having a baby will change your life, DO NOT WATCH IT lol.

I'm super into watching things that require zero thought these days. Real life is stressful enough. I don't need to be sucked into fictional drama. Naked and Afraid is our go-to every night after we put DD down.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Right now, I'm watching through True Blood, at the end of season 3 at the moment.  Next up/might take a break from True Blood to watch Season 5 of Vikings which MH just informed me is out!  I'm also super excited to see season 2 of Handmaid's Tale too, does anyone know if it will be available on Amazon Prime? Or is it only on Hulu?  (We have the basic "rabbit ear" channels, netflix, and Amazon Prime atm so might wait to get Hulu to binge watch it once all the episodes are out just to cancel it again) :lol: Oooo also I can't wait for the newest season of Z Nation to come out sometime this year.  It's SOOOOO bad it's good!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Loading the player...
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts I looooved True Blood! The middle got a bit "meh" for me, but stick with it. The ending is great! 
  • I just started re-watching Trueblood last night haha other than that its either the Disney channel, Nickelodeon, or the Food Network in my house.
  • I'm watching Westworld right now. I also watch Marvel's Agents of Shield and I saw Avengers: Infinity War on Friday (it was amazing)! We started watching the new Lost in Space last night, so that'll likely be our go-to for post-bedtime wind-down for awhile.
  • Lost in Space, I need to restart Westworld bc I fell asleep, and Limitless. Ive restarted watching Departures for the millionth time bc it's so good and I'm itching to travel again.

As for things I've watched, I've caught up on most of the Marvel series. I really enjoyed The Fosters, Switched at Birth, Black Mirror, Shameless and Peaky Blinders.
  • “orange is the new black” (we were so late to the netflix thing); we’re a few eps into s2, and so far i’m liking it more as it goes on. we prefer to watch one show at a time.

we recently finished “mindhunter” and that was very well done- very very graphic though as it has to do with interviewing serial killers. the acting is phenomenal.

i also started (and caught up very quickly) watching “younger” recently, and loved that as well- it has made me cry more than any other tv show probably ever (but it’s a comedy more than a drama, it just has a lot of heart in it). i can’t wait for the next season coming out in a few weeks!
  • I'm watching White Collar. I really don't watch much TV anymore.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Handmaids Tale!! It’s so so SO good.

also watching Sneaky Pete, and about to start season two of WestWorld. 

@highsteaks I also just started watching Younger and it’s definitely grown on me.

Maybe I should save this for a FFF confession, but I am a big fan of the Real Housewives franchise  :# (currently watching New York)
  • Anybody watching the Alchemist? I'm into that right now,  and about to start The Let Down.  I have Seven Seconds on my list, but I don't know. Anyone impressed with that one?
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• @highsteaks @BabyBoyH92016 I love Younger! Can't wait for the new season :) 

Beyond those, I'm an HGTV lover.
  • I just finished watching iZombie last week and have decided to rewatch Supernatural. I'm pretty sure I've seen all of Supernatural at least 2x.

• I am watching wayyy to much right now. Thank God for DVR!!! I'm watching American Idol, Ghost Adventures, Riverdale, Designated Survivor, Jersey Shore, and RuPaul's Drag Race. We are also watching the Bruins for as long as they are in the Playoffs! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• I'm watching The Resident. I guess medical professionals hate it, and it is kind of far-fetched, but I'm riveted! It'll probably get cancelled though :'(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tessiesmom26 Ooooo... RuPaul's Drag Race is a guilty pleasure of mine although I haven't seen any of it in FOREVER! It's sooooo addicting and there is just so much sass! I watched seasons 4 & 5, Sharon Needles & Jinkx Monsoon, and I <3'd them both :joy: Might need to look into re-watching/catching up for funsies

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts I am watching both the live season on now (10) and watching old seasons on the Firestick. I am on season 2 on there. I just love it so much! They are touring later this year and my cousin and I are most likely going. The tickets include a meet and greet of the season 10 people and some all stars including my favorite Shangela! 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @KellyT22 Nooooooo! I love the Resident!

I watch the Resident, Lucifer, Lethal Weapon (tv show), a lot of Disney channel, HGTV, and whatever else tickles my fancy, lol. 
  • I just finished all of shameless. Us and uk. Love them! So now I started Santa Clarita diet and I’m LOVING it! I am waiting on game of thrones to come back and still need to watch season 2 of stranger things. Oh I also have to admit, I am a teen mom, teen mom 2, teen mum and young and pregnant junkie lol I just love them idk why 
    nws
  • @BabyBoyH92016 no shame in the RHONY game. Last weeks episode was, hands down, the BEST episode in any franchise ever. Even better then the table flip on RHONJ. The outfits (insane), the comments from everyone. It’s been days and I can’t shut up about how insane the whole party was and the aftermath. 
    Also- yes to Shameless but haven’t seen the uk one. Ray Donovan, life in pieces(cute easy sitcom), I gotta get into handmaids- apparently this season is good according to my secretary and my work husband. 
  • Ooh I forgot about Stranger Things and Game of Thrones! All caught up on those too, I cant wait for more!! ❤❤
  • @ashkee05 Where can I watch the UK version of Shameless? 

@ariselle Last week was really good. I’m seriously obsessed. And yes, Handmaids Tale is so good. I’m pretty sure Hulu gives you a free two week trial. It’s worth it to sign up for the free trial and binge watch. 
  • @BabyBoyH92016 I found it through prime on my fire stick 
    nws
  • I'm on strict bed rest now (i have a sac thats not growing as it should and a SH) so i'm watching A LOT of TV.  I'm married to an Australian, so was made to watch "the let down" on Netflix- and I loved it. @CopperBoom86 was right- it is horrifying- but even as first time moms we laughed a ton!  Other than that I'm watching all of the Chicago series (med, PD and Fire), scandal, riverdale, mindy any medical drama i can find, and then my new fav- this is us. 
  • meiosismeiosis member
    @CopperBoom86 I totally agree about The Let Down. I made it 15 minutes into the first episode before I had to turn it off because it was so depressing! 

I've been super into Call The Midwife! So interesting! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited May 2018
    My life recently has revolved around Infinity War and YouTube videos about all the different theories leading up to finally seeing the movie on Friday. Now I'm watching all the videos about Easter eggs and theories for the upcoming movies. I'm in deep. Probably going to rewatch Infinity War again this weekend.

Currently on TV, I'm watching the Flash and Gotham. Caught up on GoT, Stranger Things, Doctor Who, and Legends of Tomorrow, just waiting for them all to come back with new seasons.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• @PMForbie We watch Gotham too! Forgot about that one.
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 I am in love with the actor they have for the Joker! I think he's my favorite Joker. We're several episodes behind right now, need a night to binge watch it.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• the-lothe-lo member
    Just finished Lost in Space on Netflix. So good. Now we're on to Peaky Blinders. And some nights we do ER. Season 3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited May 2018
    We've got nothing to watch right now.  We watched all of OITNB (and are eagerly awaiting the next season), Shameless (perennial favorite), Stranger Things, Game of Thrones and American Horror Story (which we're only half into).

Everything is on break and it's killing me!  I've debated re-watching all of House since it's on Prime, but I've seen every episode at least twice.  Right now, we're trying to find good movies we haven't seen on Netflix with mixed success.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• started watching “the let down” because of this thread, and it does not disappoint! thanks, ladies.
  • I apparently forgot to watch Orange is the New Black season 5, so I'm watching that now.

• Handmaid’s Tale! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• eahayeseahayes member
    rewatching The Office bc it makes me feel better after a long day at work! Also love most Bravo shows, Westworld, Billions, and OITNB
  • @eahayes we've been watching The Office when it's on the Comedy Channel and I've forgotten how much I love that show! Very rarely does a show make me laugh out loud, and that one does it every single episode.
  • Just started the handmaids tale. Holy crap. Crazy plot line and super interesting! I’m hooked. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • bnt1023bnt1023 member
    edited May 2018
    Well I haven't heard of half the shows mentioned...I guess I'm behind in times lol we don't have internet (in the country it doesn't work well). I do watch Chicago Med, Chicago Fire, Teen Mom 2, Roseanne, and pretty much anything on TLC. Oh and Jersey Shore! Haha