3rd Trimester

"Wow! Are you sure its not twins?" At 17 weeks!!! Feeling HUGE and hurt

Okay so I just hit my 17 week mark with my first pregnancy and just am starting to "pop". Until now, I kinda just looked like I had too many Red Robin cheese burgers. Anyway, yesterday I got my first quote are you sure it's not twins? Remark. Lets just say I  didn't take it well... and fired back with a " I'm pregnant what's your excuse remark." On one hand I feel bad because I'm sure she meant well, but on the other hand I'm like f**k you, ya know? Any other ladies getting this kinda stuff this early?

Re: "Wow! Are you sure its not twins?" At 17 weeks!!! Feeling HUGE and hurt

• wildtotwildtot member
    edited April 2018
    Okay so I just hit my 17 week mark with my first pregnancy and just am starting to "pop". Until now, I kinda just looked like I had too many Red Robin cheese burgers. Anyway, yesterday I got my first quote are you sure it's not twins? Remark. Lets just say I  didn't take it well... and fired back with a " I'm pregnant what's your excuse remark." On one hand I feel bad because I'm sure she meant well, but on the other hand I'm like f**k you, ya know? Any other ladies getting this kinda stuff this early?
    I got remarks way earlier this time because it’s my second but i typically don’t fire back. People will rarely think before they speak and most of the time they mean no harm. You’re gonna have to grow some tough skin because remarks and unwanted advice will continue to come as a parent. I would respectfully reply back but never attack them back. I’m a firm believer of treating others how you want to be treated. There are much better ways to respond to these remarks. 
    Edited words
  • I mean I'm big yeah it isn't fun but it isn't meant to be an insult. I personally would not respond as you did and maybe more gently inform them how while you know they mean well the remark is hurtful. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Loading the player...
  • People are going to say awkward things to you when pregnant and when you have small children. It can be annoying but it never really crossed my mind to verbally attack someone because of it.
  • Okay so I just hit my 17 week mark with my first pregnancy and just am starting to "pop". Until now, I kinda just looked like I had too many Red Robin cheese burgers. Anyway, yesterday I got my first quote are you sure it's not twins? Remark. Lets just say I  didn't take it well... and fired back with a " I'm pregnant what's your excuse remark." On one hand I feel bad because I'm sure she meant well, but on the other hand I'm like f**k you, ya know? Any other ladies getting this kinda stuff this early?
    So you basically told someone they were fat because they commented on your bump.

Bump comments are annoying but that was not the best way to handle this. A calm "I'm supposed to get bigger and don't appreciate people commenting on my size" (or something along those lines) would have been much better.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • If someone said this to me I only wish i could respond that way! A rude comment deserves a rude answer.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• nackienackie member
    I’ve gotten a lot of comments about my size as well starting well before 20 weeks. I try to take them in stride and not be rude, but I have to admit I’ve lost my temper and snapped at people a couple of times as well. I will say that none of the people I’ve told off have ever commented on my size again even if they were repeat offenders before.  I figure I’m doing a public service for the next pregnant lady they run into. 
  • Late to the party but I got a lot of "maybe it's twins" comments early on and it got really annoying really quick. Then I had my 20 weeks scan and turns out hey it's twins!! Take it with a grain of salt, people rarely think before they speak and it'll only get worse as you get bigger. I think you responded hilariously kudos to yo it quick thinking.