October 2018 Moms

FFFC 4/27

13»

Re: FFFC 4/27

• @krzyriver it can be hard to admit our kids need help. Especially when you start questioning if it was something you did. It's really been amazing. DS is currently in public preschool and really thriving (we also get it for free because he needed services!) if you ever want to talk about it or need any help, please pm me! I'm more than happy to discuss my experience! (Just let me know you pmed, dang app). 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • @hellopartyof5 Oh god, yes. I’ve second guessed everything now. I’m trying not to because I know why he’s behind in some areas... he has no attention span except when he’s “reading” his books. And that’s all he wants to do all day is read. So I can’t get him to do any developmental activities!! The communication is frustrating tho because he had like a dozen words at 8 months and now they’re all gone. I’ve questioned everything from the way I communicate with him to the time he fell off the changing table.  :'(

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Loading the player...
  • @krzyriver services will be fantastic for him. When do you move? I would consider getting an appt now for the eval, there can be a wait period. You don't need a referral in NJ, not sure if it's different elsewhere. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • @hellopartyof5 I got a referral from my pedi and this place call Early On contacted me. I asked if we could get started but I’d have to start all over when we move because everything is done in home. We move in 4 weeks, so I can wait for now. It didn’t sound like there would be a waiting period, but she wasn’t super interested in giving me info once she realized I wouldn’t be her client. I’ll call Monday and talk to someone from the county I’m moving to. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• FYI if your lights flicker when you start the engine and your engine fails to turn over, it's probably your battery...I had my "old" car for 5.5 years, and the battery died TWICE on me. First time, I was stuck at a post office near work, and my dad had to come jump my car and then buy a new battery for me. Lucky him, it was in one of HTX's rare winter cold fronts where it's in the 30s and the wind was blowing. 2nd time it happened was last winter. Also was freezing, but this time at least it was stuck in my garage. My googling online leads me to believe it is a common issue with the cars that have push button starts and keyless entry. sigh.