November 2017 Moms
Options

Baby Illness Anonymous

I know it's been a stupid long time since I've been on, but after Honeybee was born things got hectic and brought up the topic of this discussion.

Honeybee was born 12 November 2018 perfectly healthy at 3.72 kg and 49 cm. When he hit 4 weeks old he was hospitalized with RSV-related bronchiolitis.

It has been really hard to get comfortable talking about that time in the hospital. I cried constantly, dealing with PPD and severe BF supply issues at the same time as his hospitalization. I'll never forget waking up to my poor boy blue in the face because he was coughing too much to catch his breath, and my husband taking one look before grabbing his coat and saying "pack the diaper bag. We're going to the hospital."

We are so lucky we caught the infection in time for the treatment to be effective. He's now a healthy and always-smiling six month old. We ended up stopping breastfeeding after the infection as the stress totally dried me up and I needed a lot of help getting better from my PPD. But now, I'm sharing this experience here to reach out to others who may have gone through something similarly terrifying.

If you had a serious illness or a preemie and your child was in the NICU, what is your story? How did you cope? I know it can be hard to share your story, but I need to know I wasn't alone and that I can be brave and reach out.
25 - FTM - BF Mom - Using CDs - Blogger and Soap Merchant
Married for two years to my Honeybear and expecting a little Honeybee on our homestead in Belgium.  <3

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby Illness Anonymous

• Options
    My story isn't as extreme as yours, but my lo has servere reflux and on two occasions he choked and stopped breathing. I had to call 911 and we rushed to the hospital by ambulance.  My friend works for our local dispatch and she cried listeninh to the fear in my voice. Its not until recently i would allow him to sleep in his room because i was terrified he would die.  

I’ve tried to move on and  not think about it.  For me it doesn't help any.  It just hurts, but i hope you're able to work through this 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    My story isn't as extreme as yours, but my lo has servere reflux and on two occasions he choked and stopped breathing. I had to call 911 and we rushed to the hospital by ambulance.  My friend works for our local dispatch and she cried listeninh to the fear in my voice. Its not until recently i would allow him to sleep in his room because i was terrified he would die.  

I’ve tried to move on and  not think about it.  For me it doesn't help any.  It just hurts, but i hope you're able to work through this 
    I tried moving on and not thinking about it too. It really doesn't help. Every time he starts to cough or has a runny nose now I feel myself panic and I worry he's got RSV again.
    25 - FTM - BF Mom - Using CDs - Blogger and Soap Merchant
    Married for two years to my Honeybear and expecting a little Honeybee on our homestead in Belgium.  <3

Pregnancy Ticker