Baby Names

What do you think of when you hear Margot?

Found out today I’m having a girl! Top name for husband is Margot. What do you think of when you hear that name? Thanks in advance!

Re: What do you think of when you hear Margot?

• Classic yet fun. 
  • I like it, in fact I like it way better than Margaret. It makes me think of some trendy looking young lady from the 40's. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Esargot. (Sorry, it's true!)
    I do not like the silent T in an English name. 
  • I like it and definitely with that spelling.

Classic yet feels modern and prettier than Margaret.
  • Conservative when I hear and Magot when I see sorry. I’m not a fan of it or Margaret. 

• No problem! Is it English? I’m reading it’s a French variation of the Greek name Margaret. Either way, I love and hate the T at the same time. Love the way it balances the name; hate that it could be mispronounced. 
  • I love it. I'm directing a play where the lead is Margot. So it makes me think of 1950s England and murder mystery plots. 
  • edited April 2018
    LOVE it. Makes me think of Hemingway’s daughter
  • Christmas Vacation...........Todd: "I don't know MARGOT!" I love Margaret, and just like Margot. 
  • Rah, Margaret was my first choice, but husband said no. Thanks for your feedback!
  • alie51616 said:
    Rah, Margaret was my first choice, but husband said no. Thanks for your feedback!

You could use both....Margaret and nn Margot
  • The Royal Tenenbaums
  • I adore the name, FWIW
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I think of Despicable Me, lol. But I really like the name!
  • F47F47 member
    I love it. My cousin just named her baby Margot and I think it just sounds so classic, yet fun.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I like it but I tend to like Margaret better.  

Would Marigold be a good compromise between the two?  

• Margot Robbie, the actress from Wolf of Wall Street and Suicide Squad.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Margot Robbie. She’s amazing. Very down to earth in interviews. Definitely a positive association for me.
  • The 2 toddlers names Margot (not sure of spelling) in my daughter's music class a couple months ago, and the Margot toddler in my neighborhood. Apparently it's pretty popular! (Although I just looked it up, and apparently it's not that popular overall, but gaining quickly, crazy that I know 3! Maybe some of them spell it differently which would bring up the popularity if you grouped them all together). 

• I love it and think it's a super pretty name! Also the only Margo I know (spelled that way, without the T) is half French, so it being a French name seems accurate to me.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Thanks for your feedback! It’s really starting to grow on me. My husband won’t spell it with a T, so it’s either Margo or back to the drawing board. Trying to decide...
  • edited April 2018
    Vintage and spunky! It’s my baby girls name:) her name is Margot Evelyn. I love the silent T!