August 2018 Moms

High Risk Pregnancy Check-in 04/24

How far along are you?

Why are you high-risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What is the silliest way you've been injured? (hopefully not badly!)
Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
Married: 05.2012  
TW:
TTC #1 Since April 2016
HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02

Re: High Risk Pregnancy Check-in 04/24

• How far along are you?
    21+5 !!

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, Diabetic, IC

next cervix check is Monday 04/30

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    non-pregnancy rant: i got pulled over this morning, and the officer gave me a ticket ...which was fine... until i looked at the ticket later and realized he gave me a ticket with someone else's information on it...so now i have to take the time to try to straighten that out... ugh

2016 i was running on a treadmill at the gym- got distracted and fell off...ugh, dislocated my shoulder which ended up in a nice ER visit 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • @harleyquinn0621 how does that even happen? Was he writing the ticket for someone else, stopped, and started writing yours? How annoying!

How far along are you?
    24w+6d

Why are you high-risk?
    Genetic condition, heart condition, vasa previa

Ha well now, quite a bit! I was supposed to have my bi-weekly check up today, but that plan went to crap. Started having contractions yesterday, so I went in for a check up and ultrasound. I’m now on bed rest until Thursday, when I’ll go back for another check up and ultrasound. So we’ll see!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Well I’m a little frustrated by the contractions and sitting on bed rest, but I’ll do whatever needs done to keep baby safe. Thankfully my work is being amazing and finding people to cover my patients or canceling for me. I’m
    hoping this was just a weird little blip and I’ll be released from full bed rest Thursday to modified so I can go back to work a bit until baby gets here. 

I actually have so many, I was a daredevil child and did a lot of crazy things. Probably my funniest one was I tried to run up a little tykes slide backwards and jump from the top and catch and hang on a T clothesline pole. I did not jump far enough, so never made it to the pole to swing. Instead I fell and broke my arm in 2 places and had to rock a plaster cast from my finger tips to my arm pit all summer. I have no idea why I thought it was a good idea to do that, or why I thought I could make it that far jumping!
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?
    24+2

Why are you high risk?
    Complete placenta previa 

Any additional monitoring this week?
    No

Rants/raves-
    Really frustrated with modified bed rest but thankful work is being so accommodating.

GTKY-
    Thankfully, I can't think of anything...
  • edited April 2018
    @kc0711 how are you feeling?? do you still feel contractions?  

i honestly have no idea how the ticket ended up with someone else's information on it.. but everything is wrong except the location and the violation... so they gave me someone else's personal info:  name, DOB, DL #, VIN #, Address etc... scary 

@hopeful91 i hope the time passes by for you quickly! i've been frustrated with all the restrictions in general.. i miss working out and feeling good... now i'm sore all the time and feel bleh.... 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• @harleyquinn0621 wow I can't believe they would mix that information up!
    I never worked out too much but I miss lifting my daughter and taking her out (of course I go on MBR as soon as it's nice weather outside). MBR will be over if/when my placenta moves... FX it does. I'm terrified of another bleed though so taking it very easy in the meantime. 
  • How far along are you? 23+4

Why are you high-risk? Diabetes and AMA

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Nope - fetal echo on the 4th so I'm just managing sugars for now

Rants/Raves/Questions? My sugars have been super stable this week until this morning when my fasting went up to 140. So I sent my numbers in and the diabetes counselor was very hmmmm about it. They threatened bed rest last time I started spiking so I'm really hoping it was just a blip.

GTKY: What is the silliest way you've been injured? (hopefully not badly!) I got a lot of cuts and bruises as a kid but the silliest one was when I was in the Army and we were getting ready for our PT test run. The whistle sounded to go and I took like 4 steps, tripped over my own two feet and fell, spraining my ankle. No idea what happened but it was in front of my entire Company so I heard about it for a loooong time!

@harleyquinn0621 - that's awful he gave you someone's info like that! That's awesome that you're taking the time to straighten it out, the other person will really appreciate it! And still sending good long cervix vibes your way, hope that isn't too weird <3

@kc0711 - how are the contractions? Do you have plenty of distractions while on bed rest? We can start talking Netflix recommendations if it will help you? Hang in there girl, I know this has to be tough but you're amazing and you'll get through it!

@hopeful91 - I'm sorry that you're getting frustrated with the modified bed rest - what are your restrictions? I'm glad that your work is being accommodating but  that's got to be tough to adjust your life to meet the bed rest requirements.

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsbubbles-2 @harleyquinn0621 still having some contractions, but they are better than yesterday and the leaking feeling is better as long as I don’t stand up too long. I’ve got a book, TB, and TV right now, but I’m getting a little bored! I think I’ll pick a new series on Netflix to start this afternoon. DH suggested a puzzle, so I think he’s going to grab me one to do and I’m asking for a sudoku book too  :D Just really hopeful on Thursday MFM has good news for me! But I’ll do whatever to keep this baby safe, in the grand scheme of things, it’s only a few more weeks. 
  • @kc0711 did they tell you what the leaking feeling was? Glad to hear things are better than yesterday. BR is so boring, glad you have some things to pass the time-- hope you find a good Netflix binge! I need Netflix suggestions too!

@mrsbubbles-2 they want me to be off my feet as much as possible. Before the bleed my restrictions were just no lifting or impact exercises, but they got a lot stricter after the bleed. 
  • @hopeful91 it is not amniotic fluid, so could be that I am peeing myself or it’s just normal fluid. They will check it again on Thursday to make sure it continues to not be amniotic fluid. I just restarted Sons of Anarchy. I have seen it multiple times before and love the series, decided I’d watch from the beginning again!
  • @harleyquinn0621 I wouldn't straighten it out.  They don't have record of you having a violation.  I mean I might go drop it off and say you found this ticket so they could send it to the right person but if that ticket has none of your info on it then you're off the hook

@kc0711 I hope those contractions have stopped by Thursday. Are you still feeling anything? I'm sorry about the bedrest. 

@hopeful91 (TW) I did a week of bedrest with one of my previous pregnancies and I thought I was going to crawl out of my skin.  I'm scared to death I'll end up on bedrest again this time and for longer.  I hope the time starts passing quickly for you.

@mrsbubbles-2 I hope it's just a blip

How far along are you?
    23w3d

Why are you high-risk?
    RPL, AMA, creeping upward blood pressure, partial placenta previa

None this week.  Next appointment May 4

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rave-I got my official offer on my new job today! (same agency new position so doesn't impact leave or FMLA or anything).  And they are managing to make it all work to start May 1.  I'm super excited.  I've been very bored this week as most of my duties have already been farmed out.

Rant--omg the insomnia!  I've always had trouble sleeping but its sooooo bad.  I feel like I'll never be well rested again.  And I need some energy to exercise I just can't find any.
    Also my top choice day care has a waiting list until February 2019 :-(

So many ways...I'm a klutz for sure.  One time I let my eyes get too dry and my contact was super stuck.  Instead of doing something about that I just sorta forced it out and basically caused an abrasion on my eye. 

Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• @stac928 congrats about your job!
    How have you been doing with your placenta previa?
  • @hopeful91 so far fine. The doctor doesn’t want to start worrying until the 28 week ultrasound. She’s pretty convinced it will rectify itself since it is only partial and really more marginal than partial. So for now I’m fine. If the placenta doesn’t move I might feel differently in a few weeks. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• How far along are you?
    23w+2d

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, 2 MC's, corrected uterine septum

Not this week. Have my next (and probably final?) appointment with my MFM doc next Tuesday. I will be sad to leave him!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I keep wondering when my students will mention something about me being pregnant - but no one has said anything. I wonder if they just think I'm super fat. I told a co-worker today I was pregnant and she seemed way surprised - I feel huge already. Is it not obvious??

Also getting on the sleep struggle bus. I fall asleep fine, but have terrible nightmares. I feel like I'm hardly sleeping at all even though I get 6 -7 hours.

OMG - I really am the worst person when it comes to this. My friends threaten to keep me wrapped in bubble wrap because I hurt myself all the time. 

I guess one was when I was 7 and was doing stupid tricks on my brothers power wheel (riding it backwards, riding it standing up, etc.) I thought I was pretty cool and I went down a driveway backwards. Hit a pot hole at the bottom of the driveway and flipped the power wheel. Ended up fracturing my wrist. 

Another time was when I was a personal trainer, and I was at the gym showing a client how to use a piece of equipment. I stepped out of the machine and promptly tripped over my own feet and fell backwards. My elbow landed on a stack of 45 lb. plates and shattered ( the knobby part of my elbow broke off). That was a terrible recovery and I needed 2 surgeries. 

@harleyquinn0621 That's so crazy! I really hope someone else didn't get YOUR information!

@kc0711 FX for you that the bed rest ends soon!! That has to be really boring - but I agree with you - do what you gotta do!

@mrsbubbles-2 FX for you too that the spike on your sugars is just a blip. When will you know?

@stac928 Congrats on your new job! How exciting!
  • How far along are you?
    23+4 

Why are you high-risk?
    Crohn's disease, autoimmune liver disease, autoimmune arthritis, elevated afp

Ob/mfm appointment next monday

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Last week found out I was highly anemic, and have suspected IUGR. My doc wanted iron infusions immediately, but I negotiated a week and a half of increased supplement, then recheck before going the infusion route. Right now, Baby Girl appears to have intrauterine growth restriction, but ay this point, just a lot of monitoring. 

Spent a whole day snowboardin, only to slip and fall in the parking lot. I broke my elbow! H and I had just started dating at that time and he was amazing since I couldn't undress myself haha 

• ugh i'm kicking myself- i left my glucose monitor at home this morning when i ran out the door for work- and then got to work and ate a pancake without checking to make sure i had it.. now i realize i can't check my blood sugar.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i keep telling myself even if the pancake spikes me one spike won't hurt the baby but i feel like such an idiot 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• ugh i'm kicking myself- i left my glucose monitor at home this morning when i ran out the door for work- and then got to work and ate a pancake without checking to make sure i had it.. now i realize i can't check my blood sugar.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i keep telling myself even if the pancake spikes me one spike won't hurt the baby but i feel like such an idiot 

You're right, one spike won't hurt the baby.  And yes super frustrating.
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• edited April 2018
    @Stac928 so frustrating :neutral:  but i'm making it through the day.... lol 

a side question- 

i feel like i saw on one of these threads a list of necessities that you should have for the baby when you first bring them home (a place to sleep, a way to carry them etc etc etc) ... i forget which thread i saw it on, or maybe i just made that up in my head?? does anyone else remember seeing anything like that? or does anyone have such a list? since this is our first baby we are starting from scratch and i want to work on buying the 'must haves' and not get distracted by all the other things..... 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• @harleyquinn0621 there’s this one but it’s more registry focused, what was never used, etc
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12724758/wish-i-knew-that-registry-baby-products/p1

But if you want just the basics, here’s my personal input! If we didn’t have a thread in this I think it would be a great one to start!

A car seat to bring baby home from the hospital

Diapers, either disposable or cloth. I would get some in size nb and some size 1

Wipes

Somewhere for baby to sleep like the crib or a rock n play. If you plan to bed share research how to do it safely.

If you’ll be using a crib in the first few months you’ll need the mattress and 2 sheets (they get messy a lot)

Whatever you’ll need to feed baby. If you’re planning to breastfeed you won’t need much, formula feeding you’ll need a few bottles (get a variety since you don’t know if baby will be picky), formula and gas drops. Don’t skip the gas drops, they’re a life saver!

A few sleepers and onesies in both nb and 0-3 month size. Get the kind that have the sewn in mittens to protect baby from those fingernails!

A good swaddling blanket. I liked the ones by Aden&Anise (not sure if I’m spelling that right) the cotten muslin ones worked for us

A nose frieda or some kind of booger sucket

A baby bathtub (not 100% a necessity but DS loved his baths and if he was having a rough night a bath would calm him down)

Baby nail clippers or nail file (or you can bite them off!)

Baby bath stuff and lotion

Diaper cream and Aquaphor

Pacifiers

Some things that are good to have:
    A ring sling or baby carrier so you can have your hands free
    Frozen meals you can eat with 1 hand
    Wubbanub
    White noise generator
    Awesome Netflix lineup

I know I’ll think of more! But this is where I’d start :)

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • As an add-on to @mrsbubbles-2's list, (if you go the disposable route) instead of buying boxes upon boxes of diapers, wipes, etc--buy yourself gift cards! Then you have "diaper money" but don't have to sacrifice space in your house and you don't have to guess at sizing/risk returns later. Make sure to have a package or two of the nb/1 sizes on hand for the first couple weeks though!

+1 to gas drops!
  • @mrslittlemac - that's an amazing idea! and holy cow, those gas drops. By the time I started using them my SILs were like oh yeah you didn't use them from the beginning?

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsbubbles-2 @mrslittlemac thank you ladies so much! this is an awesome starter list - !! i'm easily distracted by all the 'cute' baby stuff so i want to make sure i'm focused and don't miss the important things lol
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• What gas drops did you all use? I never heard of these with my daughter. I'm living under a rock. 
  • @hopeful91 We used these - https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/mylicon-infant-gas-relief-drops-dye-free-formula/ID=prod6296603-product

But the Walgreens brand ones worked for us too. The Gripe Water always made DS throw up so we didn't use it but I know other moms swear by it

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited April 2018
    oh  questions - i've read a lot about a cold  humidifier for the nursery.. would we call that a need to have, nice to have or not really either? and what are our thoughts on baby monitors? i assume that's a must have?
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• hopeful91hopeful91 member
    edited April 2018
    We don't have a humidifier or a baby monitor (she's almost 2). Definitely not a must!

@mrsbubbles-2 thanks, I'll have to keep those in mind!
  • good to know ! thank you  @hopeful91
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Back from our appointment, with mixed reviews! I am now on modified bed rest/activity restrictions and continuing the ibuprofen regimen for the remainder of my pregnancy. At our next appointment in two weeks, we will discuss if I need to be admitted at 32 weeks to try and make it to 34-36 weeks. Baby is still looking good, but the risk of preterm labor is just too dangerous with the vasa previa to not take so many precautions. 25w+1d today, here’s to hoping for a few more weeks!
  • @kc0711 i'm glad they are being extra careful! i'm sorry for the mixed reviews but the good news is they are taking care of you and baby! <3 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• @kc0711 well that's better than bedrest.  Glad you have some plans.  The wait and see is hard though.  Fingers crossed for many more weeks of pregnancy.
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• well update on my traffic ticket rant: the officer who issued the ticket is dismissing it. hurrrrrayyyyy he said when he imported the information over it imported the person before me instead of mine... weird 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• @kc0711 Do you know why they have you taking ibuprofen? I thought that was 100% off limits when pregnant.

In other news Hurray!!!! Getting off bed rest is a wonderful improvement.

@harleyquinn0621 We never used a baby monitor. Gas drops were wonderful, and that lavender baby lotion. The lotion helped them to calm down and sleep easier. I personally recommend having some bottles on hand even if BF. I found it easier to pump than to nurse, so having a couple bottles around really helped that first night home.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @princesslockness in most cases, it is a no-no. For me, they have me taking it at a dose and timing interval to maximize the anti-prostaglandin effects, which help to stop contractions by relaxing the uterus. There is also a prescription medication you can take if the ibuprofen stops working, but I’ll take this as long as it works and then switch if I need to. 
  • @kc0711 how are you feeling overall?
  • @kc0711 thinking of you! I’m so happy they are lifting the bed rest and that’s really good that they have a plan moving forward to be super cautious.
    @harleyquinn0621 we have a monitor, we use the cheap audio one most of the time. You’ll want one if you plan to have baby in a different room for sleep. Humidifier is good but we really only bust ours out when he gets sick or stuffy. So it’s good but I don’t consider it a necessity:)

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well I tried to go walk around slowly at the mall, perhaps a bit too ambitious :D So I guess they weren’t kidding that whenever I get where I am going, I need to be sitting. So I’m glad I can leave the house, but I think I’ll be much more sedintary than I was hoping for my
    idea of modified bed rest. But hey, short lived discomfort for a long term reward!
  • @kc0711 Just catching up from being away a few days - so glad to hear they've lifted the strict bed rest for you and have a plan moving forward. Keep us updated as things progress!
  • edited April 2018
    exciting news #1 cervix measurement today- 2.5 cm ..no real change!!! i get to go back in 1.5 weeks for another cervix check and a growth scan and that'll be 24 weeks... Viability !!!!

exciting news#2 DH finally was able to feel her move this weekend! 

TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• @harleyquinn0621 yay for good cervix measurments! And yay for moving babies! 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• @harleyquinn0621 glad it's been stable!
  • Aw @harleyquinn0621 what a great update! I’ve been thinking of you. So happy your cervix check went well and YAY for hitting viability!!!!!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker