August 2018 Moms

STM Check in/Chat 4/25

How far along are you? What size is baby? 

Age(s) of other kid(s)?

How are you feeling??? 

Rants/Raves

Questions?

GTKY: If your kid/s was in one sport of your choice, what would you choose?
*Siggy Warning*
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: STM Check in/Chat 4/25

• How far along are you? What size is baby? 24+1 cantaloupe 

Age(s) of other kid(s)? This is his last week as a one year old!

How are you feeling??? Sore, tired. Same as always!

Rants/Raves: I think DS may be teething and it’s rough. Crazy tantrums, poor sleep, and chewing on everything. Poor kid.

Questions? Not yet

GTKY: If your kid/s was in one sport of your choice, what would you choose? Basketball. Indoor sports FTW!
    *Siggy Warning*

• How far along are you? What size is baby? 

25 weeks, cauliflower

Age(s) of other kid(s)?

DS - 5

How are you feeling??? 

Alright but I have been home a lot teleworking because of our bathroom remodel so my body doesn't hurt as bad LOL

Rants/Raves

I'm ranting about some work stuff - potential major changes in hours a week we have to work and stuff that leads me to wonder if I will come back after maternity leave or need to find a new job.

Questions?

Not at this time

OMG honestly, not sounding like a "my kid is good at everything" mom, but DS is super athletic and good at anything he's tried: soccer, basketball, baseball.  He's super into basketball right now but I would love for him to play baseball since I played softball growing up.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? What size is baby? 24 weeks, cantalope

Age(s) of other kid(s)? Almost 2

How are you feeling??? All right. Sleeping better but yet tired most of the time, lots of kicks, still hungry most of the time

Rants/Raves Looks like my restless leg issues are starting to return! They drove me NUTS last pregnancy!!!

Questions?

GTKY: If your kid/s was in one sport of your choice, what would you choose? I don’t really care. I mean, I’d prefer he avoid sports known for high concussion risks (like football, soccer, and hockey), but beyond that, whatever makes him happy.
  • hopeful91hopeful91 member
    edited April 2018
    How far along are you?
    24+3

Age of other kid?
    Almost 2

How are you feeling?
    No complaints at the moment...

Raves-
    Thankful I made it to viability, hoping to keep her in there as long as possible (well, until 39 weeks). 

GTKY-
    I have the same preference as @proudparent2b (avoid high concussion sports)

I'd like if she skipped sports and just did ballet/dance....

24+4 size of a puffin (the coolest animal in the world)

Age(s) of other kid(s)?
    18 months

How are you feeling??? 
    Feeling good. My husband is sick, again, so hopefully, I dodge this germ. 

Rants/Raves
    None

Questions?
    None

I'm a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, so I'm pretty partial to any type of martial arts. We plan on enrolling our oldest once he's 4 or 5. I love the discipline, self-control, and self-confidence it teaches. 
    23+5 size of a box of mac and cheese 

Age(s) of other kid(s)?
    3 and 5

How are you feeling??? 
    Pretty good. Second trimester is boring. I have noticed if I sit in the same position for too long and stand up I feel like I'm getting punched in the vagina. I asked the doctor about it on Monday and she said it's normal and gets worse the more kids you have. Yay for third kid. 

Rants/Raves
    None really. DS2 has been particularly adorable and sweet lately so that's been awesome. 

Questions?
    Is it August yet?

Well DS1 is in gymnastics and soccer so I wouldn't mind if he continued with those. I'm a huge sports fan so basically anything he chooses I'd be happy with. Considering it's NBA playoffs right now I have basketball brain so that would be cool but all of my kids will be short so probably not an option. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • How far along are you? What size is baby? 23+5

Age(s) of other kid(s)? DS is 20 months, DSS is 13

How are you feeling??? Pretty good overall! But I'm with you @proudparent2b - my restless leg thing is starting again and it's annoying af

Rants/Raves None really - moody teenager and super active and curious toddler makes for an interesting house right now

Questions?

GTKY: If your kid/s was in one sport of your choice, what would you choose? DH and I talked about this the other night and both agree that we'll support the kids in any sport they want to pursue except football. I haven't seen enough safety measures taken for head / neck protection from the young kids to school age kids leagues that I would ever feel like my kids are safe. DSS just started swim and he seems to really be enjoying it! And we joke that maybe DS will like playing soccer because DSS had zero interest and DH is a huge soccer fan!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
    23+2. A grapefruit. 

Age(s) of other kid(s)?
    Almost 3

How are you feeling??? 
    Mostly ok. My sciatica has really been acting up, and I'm getting out of breath a lot. The kicks make up for it. They are so frequent and feel so good. 

Rants/Raves
    Rant: I hate my one coworker. 
    Rave: DD and DH are going to visit his sister this weekend, so that means I have the house to myself for 24 hrs!!!

Questions?

Swimming. Even though it's strenuous and early in the morning, I feel like it's safer than the rest. She takes dance now. Well continue that, and I hope to get her into some kind of martial arts in the future. 
    26 weeks and 4 days. Baby is the size of a slow loris this week.

Age(s) of other kid(s)?
    Almost 15 months!

How are you feeling?
    Hanging in there. It was so much easier when I didn't have to chase and carry a toddler or bend over the crib while also toting around a ginormous belly. Also loading DD into the car has been both comical and frustrating lately.

Rants/Raves: 
    My pelvis hurts so badly already and I am worried about what the next 13+ weeks will bring. Also starting to feel the crunch of not getting any of the big things done that should have been by this point. I feel like I can hardly even keep up with cleaning the house, let alone get extra things done!

Questions?
    None at the moment...

Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai. If we can afford it when she's old enough and she's interested, I'd love to get her some formal training. 
  • How far along are you? What size is baby?  (consulting my app...)   22+5

Age(s) of other kid(s)? 17M

How are you feeling???  Mostly fine.  I get some lower back when when I try to keep up with my son all day long by myself cause he's a wild one

Rants/Raves- My boobs are insane.  I swear there's a baby in each one and I'm actually having triplets.  Or at least there better be to make it worth this.

Questions? Nada

GTKY: If your kid/s was in one sport of your choice, what would you choose?   We're both really athletic so it's important to us that our kids are physically active in some way.  I would love to see our boys be interested in golf for the long term career benefits.  But selfishly I would also love to have a distance running buddy!  DH and I both were really into volleyball in high school so I could see that happening too. 

I will do my best to avoid soccer and football because of the concussion fears.  FYI- there are more concussions in soccer than football but for some reason people associate it with football? 
  • @livinthesunnylife it’s because research shows contact sports lead to undiagnosed “micro concussions” that causes more long term brain damage because they are impacted more frequently. That’s why the controversy surrounds football. The impact when these players are middle aged is severe and heartbreaking.
    *Siggy Warning*

• lalala2004 said:
    How far along are you? What size is baby? 
    25 weeks - cauliflower or baseball glI’ve

Age(s) of other kid(s)? 7, 5, almost 3

How are you feeling??? Tired. 
    Lots of stress lately (car crap) so it’s hard to separate what is pregnancy and what is life

Rants/Raves

Questions?

Distance running - I really hope they will come around to xc. I was a runner my whole life (first xc 5k at 5, and ran in college) and it’s such a great sport, lifelong, etc. my oldest is pretty fast but he is such an extrovert he’s really not that interested right now. I’ll have him do a few races here and there but this year he did karate (quit this fall after 1.5 years), basketball, and lacrosse in the fall and spring. 
    My preference is to avoid soccer altogether but I’m fighting a losing battle. Fall options for little boys are pretty limited to football and soccer - and football is a hard line no. I just learned tackle starts in 2nd grade... nooooope. Certainly lacrosse is a concussion risk too, as is any team contact sport but that’s the type of sport they are drawn to, and the concussions at this age at least are more in passing by accident not really intentionally using ones head as a weapon or whatever. 
    Frankly im quite concerned with the micro concussions in soccer too. The risks are not as severe as football... but I hope once the kids are bigger and doing more heading the ball that they find a different option. So, my oldest will do soccer this fall with all his friends, and my 5yo is doing it too. For preschoolers the choices are even less. He could do t ball but he’s a kid who needs to be pushed a bit to get physical activity (opposite his brother) and he wanted to do soccer - and it’s certainly more exercise, which is what he needs. 

My oldest is very fast, moderate athlete with coordination - average. I think running would be his best sport one day. My middle is less athletic so I just want him to find something he loves and can stick with and improve. 

My youngest isnt 3 yet and isn’t doing sports yet but... man. It’s weird to say this about a toddler but he is going to be an amazing athlete. The kid had abs as a baby. Not kidding. His pedi commented at his 2m how incredibly strong he is and he’s had visible abs for ages. He’s SOLID. He has higher energy and liked to run. He’s a bruiser who regularly takes down his brothers and their friends. Good with a ball for a toddler. Ppl have seen him play and commented ‘so he’s the rugby player.’ He’s the one that I think will challenge my football rule. 

Sports are a big deal to me lol. They were a major part of my life, and dh has always wished he was allowed to do more with them at a younger age. I’m soooo excited my oldest is starting to get to the age for REAL sports! It is just thrilling for me and fills my heart to watch. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Oh baby girl... who knows! We’ll see what she is suited for. I really hope for running again, and will not be signed her up for cheer. 
    Oh and dh wants to intro the kids to wrestling as that was his sport which I’m fine with. The program here is very intense though - 3 practices a week plus tournaments. So we will wait till maybe 3rd grade for that. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• How far along are you? What size is baby? 24 weeks and change (I think). NO clue on the size of the baby. Big, judging by my stomach. 

Age(s) of other kid(s)? 1 year, 11 months

How are you feeling??? Pretty good overall. 

Rants/Raves Rant: last time, no swelling whatsoever. This time, major cankles by the end of the day. Whyyyyy? My feet seriously hurt by the time I get home. I was so smug the first time around, thinking I was special because I had no swelling. the baby gods are coming to get me...

Questions? 

GTKY: If your kid/s was in one sport of your choice, what would you choose? Basketball! I played in college! 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• @lalala2004 I’m not uneducated, thank you.  My point was actually that soccer is equally dangerous but less people are aware of that because football receives greater attention.
  • @lalala2004 I’m not uneducated, thank you.  My point was actually that soccer is equally dangerous but less people are aware of that because football receives greater attention.
    I agree that concussions are equally dangerous in every sport, and yes, there are actually less in football than some other sports. However, what I said was that the reason why football receives more attention is because impact sports cause long term brain damage without having a diagnosed concussion. The NFL also actively worked to deny the dangers of the sport, which is another reason why they’ve received more scrutiny. You put a question mark at the end of your sentence saying you didn’t know why football received more attention. Either you know why or you don’t. I didn’t say you weren’t educated, I only brought it up because you framed it as a question.
    *Siggy Warning*

23 and 6.  Maybe grapefruit?

Age(s) of other kid(s)?
    DS is 2 and a few.

How are you feeling??? 
    Good!

Rants/Raves
    DS is starting to refuse to nap at daycare, he went 3 days in a row this week.  He's definitely not ready to drop naps, he sleeps 11 hours a night and falls asleep on the way home from daycare on the way home if he skips his nap.  This means he's been getting progressively more sleep deprived and grumpy, which has made him really hard to deal with in the morning and at bedtime.  I'm exhausted from it.

Questions?
    Anyone else run into problems napping at daycare?  Everything I've found is either about kids that are new to daycare or kids that are out growing the nap, but nothing about suddenly refusing naps when he still needs them.  I don't think he causes trouble or anything, he just still needs the sleep.

Oh, jeez.  Maybe cycling?  Or running?  Somehow I really worry about team sports getting overly competitive.  And I worry about head injuries, so I really do want to avoid contact sports.
  • @Secretstapler trust me individual sports get verrrrry competitive too. Maybe in a different way (I was never on any pure team sports myself so I don’t know). I was a runner my whole life, ran D1 in college, was pretty serious. Soooo competitive! It doesn’t have to be for everyone but I imagine that’s true with basketball etc. 

i also wosh there was more lifht shown on the dangers of micro comcussions from soccer - the danger is real and also from undiagnosed events. But... I see why football gets the spotlight. The results are much more severe and the business behind the sport - here at least - is different. But it would be nice if ppl didn’t look like I was crazy for saying ‘I’m worried about head injuries in soccer’ 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• How far along are you? What size is baby? 23 weeks tomorrow. I’ve lost track of how big that is (poor second kid)

Age(s) of other kid(s)? DS1 is23 months

How are you feeling??? I feel good! Trying to ride the 2nd tri wave as long as I can.

Rants/Raves: DS’s language is exploding and it’s so much fun to listen to! I was worried he was going to be a late talker but he’s proving me wrong!

Questions? Nah

GTKY: If your kid/s was in one sport of your choice, what would you choose? Hiking! DH and I love to hike and backpack and it’s my dream that we can do this together for family vacations. I’d love to hike a long trail (or more) one day.
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
    25 weeks cauliflower

Age(s) of other kid(s)?
    18months

How are you feeling??? 
    Okay just dealing with feeling ridiculous huge and self esteem issues because of it. Also sore. And tired.

Rants/Raves
    LO has a bug of some sort and I feel so bad for her when she's sick.

Questions? How are you so amazing @livinthesunnylife? seriously with the triplets boobs comment I needed that LOL today so thank you. Preach sister, I get it!

Mathlete preferred but if we're talking physical sport I'm going with tennis.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
    25w, about 1.5lbs now

Age(s) of other kid(s)?  7y

How are you feeling??? Still getting ms. Still tired, but that is likely from us being busy all the time. I can’t wait for summer vacation. 

Rants/Raves: I really wish this ms would stop already! I thought it was done, except for car sickness, but it started back up again on Thur. Hoping I have enough meds to get through until I can call the OB for a refill on Monday.

Questions? Nope

I didn’t know much about soccer until DS started playing, but I think that’d be my choice for him. I don’t mind sitting and watching soccer. If he hadn’t gotten into soccer, I probably would’ve picked deck hockey. 
  • Anyone else feeling like this baby is about to drop out of their uterus? This baby has been feeling so low for the past couple weeks. Couple that with my sciatica pain, and I can barely move by the end of the day. 
  • 7425cait said:
    Anyone else feeling like this baby is about to drop out of their uterus? This baby has been feeling so low for the past couple weeks. Couple that with my sciatica pain, and I can barely move by the end of the day. 
    I do feel like I’m carrying extra low this time.
    *Siggy Warning*

• 7425cait said:
    Anyone else feeling like this baby is about to drop out of their uterus? This baby has been feeling so low for the past couple weeks. Couple that with my sciatica pain, and I can barely move by the end of the day. 
    I do feel like I’m carrying extra low this time.
    4th kid and I’m carrying sooooo low. I carried ridic high with my first! None of my old maternity fits in part bc I’m carrying so low!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• I’m carrying very low too, and yes, sometimes I feel like this kid is just going to fall out. 
  • I'm glad to know it's not just me. Although, I hate hearing that others are uncomfortable too. I've been getting really nervous with the amount of pelvic and (TMI) rectal pressure I've been feeling. I hope it all normal. I may give my doctor a call on Monday to run it past her. 
    26 weeks, don’t even know. 

Age(s) of other kid(s)?
    4 and 1. 

How are you feeling??? 
    Oh man, aches and pains are setting in. I also get so easily wiped out these days, I get out of breath carrying my almost 15 m/o. I feel so bad when he cries and reaches up to be picked up and I can only hold him for a few minutes standing, so we try and get the majority of our cuddles sitting on the couch. 

Rants/Raves
    I can’t believe I’m only a few weeks away from 30w. This pregnancy has just gone by so quickly. 

Questions?
    None. 

I’m really not into sports but DH is a huge sports fan so I’m sure our kids will be in sports of some kind, I just don’t really have a preference.