August 2018 Moms

Randoms w/o 4/23

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Randoms w/o 4/23

• @mrsbubbles-2 I did the last time around and used shredded chicken.  I made a bunch of BBQ and Caesar chicken wraps for lunches for me and DH.  It worked out great! I actually still do that periodically to use up left over chicken.
  • Loading the player...
  • @juliebird6 - perfect, thanks! We have a ton of grilled chicken in the house so that would work. I'm also thinking  of a pulled pork wrap with some kind of slaw but everything I'm reading says that cabbage won't freeze well so I might have to just do the wrap with the pork and then add the slaw when it's time to eat them?

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Actually feeling well-rested this morning. I had some weird dreams, but I only woke up once that I remember. That's pretty good for me at this point. I actually dreamed I was cuddling with DS which was cute, but for some reason I was solo parenting and when I realized I would have to put him to bed myself I started panicking. So then I woke up, realized everyone was already in bed, and it was all good. So apparently DH can never go out of town....
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• At least the dream started out happy
  • I'm sitting in near silence as my 6th graders take an open note quiz over a video we watched. R is currently playing 'kick the stitch' with my cervix/cerclage. Super fun to sit quietly through. 

At least my students are doing fabulous!

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• I couldn’t imagine having the patience to get hair and makeup done just hours after birth. What pressure!
  • I will say, I like that they do the photo opp so soon that you can still see that postpartum pooch before it has more time to go down. Despite the hair and makeup and the fact that she’s just gorgeous anyway, that makes it seem more normal. 
    *Siggy Warning*

• I don’t envy the pressure she is under that requires a worldwide photo op hours later. I treasure the early photos of me and my babies, and I share them too, but I can wear my glasses and yoga pants and not worry about it. And the heels - omg.

i do envy the early release though. I believe that’s the norm in the uk anyhow (correct me if I’m wrong). 24hrsvwas always torture lol.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• I’m also ragey for her that being “presented” that way so soon after giving birth is expected. Blah. 

Speaking of early release, I had a good conversation with my midwife yesterday about birthing at the birth center again instead of the hospital (they thought I had a clotting disorder, but I only had soft markers for it and they stopped treatment a few weeks ago). She’s going to advocate for me at their next group meeting. 
  • I've never understood little girls who want to grow up to be princesses. That life seems awful to me! Even if we're talking modern princesses, and not feudal princesses, the lifetime of spotlight and duty and obligation sounds... terrible. Obviously I've never had the goal "to be famous" either, lol.
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • At my OB appointment last week my doctor reminded me that my next appointment is my last 4 week one before they move to 2 weeks. That caught me off guard, how did it go so fast? 
  • At my OB appointment last week my doctor reminded me that my next appointment is my last 4 week one before they move to 2 weeks. That caught me off guard, how did it go so fast? 
    Me too! I was like wait, what? Too soon.

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Is it weird that my MIL wants to invite my BIL's GF's Mom to my shower? A lady who I have never met and who is not MIL's friend or anything. I just think why would she want to come? She doesn't even know me. I have mentioned this to her like 3 times and she is insisting that she be invited. I guess since she is paying for part of it I have to let her invite who she wants to. 
  • Is it weird that my MIL wants to invite my BIL's GF's Mom to my shower? A lady who I have never met and who is not MIL's friend or anything. I just think why would she want to come? She doesn't even know me. I have mentioned this to her like 3 times and she is insisting that she be invited. I guess since she is paying for part of it I have to let her invite who she wants to. 
    My mom invited my brother’s wife’s mom. I’ve met her once. I was like. Whatever. More gifts for me. Lol. 
  • LOL! I guess that is one way to look at it.  ;) 

This makes me excited. I’m only 23 weeks but feeling way further lately, out of breath, heart burn, hip pain
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
    My mom invited my brother’s wife’s mom. I’ve met her once. I was like. Whatever. More gifts for me. Lol. 
    My MIL invited her best friend's mom to my shower (who I met once at a Seder), and that's how I'm looking at it. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• My mom invited a coworker to my shower that I had met a couple of times and barely knew. Whatevs, more presents!
    *Siggy Warning*

• I had so many people at my baby shower who I had never met. Whatever. 
  • I don't do showers, but a lot of my Mom's friends either bought or made me something.  Grandma's get excited for other Grandma's about babies (shrug emoji)
  • I bake from scratch (including making my own frostings), I make most of the sides every Thanksgiving, I make steaks and scallops and made 250 hors d'oeuvres for my housewarming party two years ago but for some reason I can't hardboil a damn egg. The yolk was all runny and mushy on the first batch I did tonight, so the two I peeled went into the dog bowl (he loves eggs). Currently boiling the second batch, and I guess making egg salad will have to wait for the morning.
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• @jsnakehole if you have an instapot, use that! I can’t hardboil an egg on the stove to save my life, but the ones in the instapot come out perfect every time. And are easy to peel!
  • @jsnakehole I'm the same only with rice. I feel like there's an art to it. For some reason I can only figure out basmati. Thank goodness for that. 
  • Omg @rachel1008 I can't make rice to save my life. It's either crunchy and undercooked or burned. Why is rice so hard?

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @jsnakehole I'm the same! I can bake from scratch and I'm a decent cook, but for the life of me I can't hard boil an egg well. I feel like it's something my mom can do, but she never taught me and I'm mad about it.
  • I always stick the eggs in a pot and bring it to a boil on HUGH. I let them boil for 1 minute, then turn off the burner and cover the pot. I come back and take them out of the water about 15-30 minutes later. Seems to work pretty well.
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Anyone notice how low cut maternity shirts often are? SO annoying when you need to dress a little more conservatively (i.e. not be so boobalicious.) Anyhow, I bought (what I thought) was the perfect solution: pregnancy tanks. I am wearing one today but it keeps riding up over my belly and since I'm wearing a dress, I can't easily fix it without running somewhere private, closing the door, pulling my dress practically over my head so I can pull down the tank. Can we just get some sensible clothing, please!?!?
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• ^ agreed! Any maternity shirts I do own are so boobalicious it's ridiculous. 

I do the same as @derbysquirrel for the hard boiled eggs except I shut it off once it starts boiling, cover, and leave in the hot water for about 10 minutes .7-8 if I want a medium yolk.
  • Rice cooker FTW ;-)
  • I use my instant pot for rice & hard boiled eggs. It works perfectly every time. 

I can’t wear the majority of maternity tops. They’re too low-cut, and my boobs are only an A cup. It doesn’t work at all. So I’ve bought some Target maternity tees that aren’t super low-cut. Otherwise I’ve been making due with the long Arizona tanks I had when I was pg with DS 8 years ago. 

Showers... I didn’t really know at least a third of the people my mom & mil invited to mine way back when. My cousin apparently asked my mom if they should throw me a shower this time around since I haven’t been pg (that they know about) since 2010. I said please, no, I have way too much stuff as it is, and we’ve bought the few things we needed to replace.

So now my mom wants to do a sprinkle/meet the baby party after the baby gets here. I’m thinking ugh, I don’t want to deal with extended family. My aunt, uncle, & cousins are ok, but nobody else. And I’d rather not deal with my mom as she drives me crazy most of the time. 
  • @vinerie yes! I have to wear a tank under a lot of them. It didn’t bother me much before, but I’m pretty sure it will when I’m in third Tri in the hot summer!
    *Siggy Warning*

• @jsnakehole - I do similar to what @derbysquirrel does.
    Eggs in pot
    Add enough cold water to the pot to cover the eggs by about 1-2"
    Put burner on high and bring water to a boil
    Turn off burner and put lid on pot
    Set timer to 12 minutes
    Rinse under cold water

Rice is easy too:

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think I'm the odd one out with how I make eggs. I run the water in my sink as hot as possible so that it can get to boiling as quickly as possible. Fill the pot to just over the eggs, put burner on high until rolling boil, and then let boil with the burner on for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately drain and run cold water over eggs. Peel immediately. Always works for me. Might not work as well if you want them soft boiled.

Also swear by my rice cooker for rice!