Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 4/16

2»

Re: TTCAL w/o 4/16

• @dpjennifer I would say that there are definitely scary moments and you do jump a lot because it’s so silent that you’re on the edge of your seat the entire time. I didn’t leave thinking oh my god that was so scary I left saying that was amazing I bawled my eyes out. 
    Spoiler in box regarding kids in the movie 
    A child is taken and the parents talk about their loss and Emily Blunt is pregnant and has a baby in the movie 

• CraftyG Actually... I HATE spoilers... but I'm such a wimp for scary movies that I Wikipedia'd the movie and know pretty much what happens! So I think I could make it through it and enjoy it. :) 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Loading the player...
  • Ugh... as you guys probably know, I'm a competitive roller skater (less so in past couple years while desperately TTCAL, but still out there). So these 2 skaters I know that got married a year and a half ago just posted their baby announcement on FB and it was both of their sets of skates with a crocheted set of skate booties and it was adorable and I'm so upset and just want to cry. At work.
    No joke... I've unfollowed SO many people on FB because of baby drama that my prediction is that in another year or so my husband's psycho aunt's "we're all going to be microchipped in 2017" posts will make up 10% of my feed.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer I’m so sorry. It’s all so unfair. Your husband psycho aunt thing made me laugh. What is it with “the olds” and their crazy FB posts? I have hid a lot of people who are recently pregnant on FB and now all I see is a bunch of “1 post = 1 prayer” posts from my aunts/uncles.  

TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • eleven_  Oh my, I don't know what's with some of the 'olds' but it drives me batty! Those "I bet I can't get one likes" are awful too. These naive people don't realize that they're usually liking/posting/sharing a stolen pic that a page is just using to mine for likes so that they can come back later to spam us all.  Urgh! Super frustrating.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited April 2018
    @cassafrass15 - we aren't perfect people.  When you go through a loss there really are no words to describe what it's like unless you've been there.  I've thought things and said many things out of pain.  You have us to share those moments with because at the very least I can say I've been there before.  I'm not saying I'm proud of it, but there is comfort in knowing you're not alone.  That doesn't mean you're wishing that pain on someone. I get it.  

My LT is a hug and I understand what you're saying
  • @galactickates Thanks. Appreciate you making me feel like less of a monster. Still not proud of myself, but oh well. 
  • @cassafrass15 We will have a great time partying in hell then! I sometimes take comfort in others who have had rocks in their journeys  (i.e. 1 early MC or whatnot. Never those who have a stillbirth etc.), especially those overly excited individuals who have said 'Just relax!' Or something similarly inane to me. Also, glad you are enjoying the book!!!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @cassafrass15 your not alone. Those feeling are totally understandable. I've had to check myself for some thoughts that were not quite so pleasant about others announcements.
  • galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited April 2018
    I feel so exhausted. I lost it during a bachelorette party today and three people who are mom's just wouldn't let up.  They kept telling me too relax (cringe) that it would happen for me when the time is right :puke:  and, I need to think positive. :unamused: 

I spent a good 4 hours sobbing and being cornered. I couldn't leave because we were in a limo.  Everyone was drunk.  I left after I had a couple glasses of water.  My eyes are throbbing. My heart is beating out of my chest. I'm so happy I'm home.  I just want to snuggle with my dogs and pretend this never happened

ETA Also did I mention they said I'm not going to get pregnant until I think positive. Word for word
  • @galactickates I’m so sorry, that sounds truly terrible. It really galls me that people think it’s cool to say those things. No one would tell someone who broke their leg (or had any other medical issue) to “relax” yet that’s the most common response to women with fertility issues. 
  • galactickates That's absolutely awful! Were they still cornering and pressuring you while you were sobbing!?!? God... people are such a-holes! I hope their next babies take 12 months to conceive, just to end up being MCs, JUST so that they know what it feels like. Then you can tell THEM to relax! Grrrr... I'm so infuriated on your behalf and so sorry you had to go through that. I hope you've been able to emotionally recover some from that traumatic event and that you had a much more relaxing day today!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Oh, @galactickates that's sh&%&%. I'm sorry you had to go through that instead of just being able to unwind and have a good time. People just need to learn to not say stuff like that. Those who don't struggle TTC or experience loss never get what it's like. They should not comment on what they have no knowledge of.