December 2018 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self Is Eating - W/O 4.19

2»

Re: What My Pregnant Self Is Eating - W/O 4.19

• Options
    I can’t stand the taste of artificial sweetener in light yogurt. I try to buy all of our dairy full fat, and just eat it in moderation. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    ... you've inspired me and I'm going to make veggie chili for lunches this week, to eat over baked sweet potato. 
    Yaaaay! Glad to help, and I hope it is extra delicious :smiley:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AGK2015AGK2015 member
    edited April 2018
    The trick with yogurt is to get yourself an Instant Pot and make your own. Not that I'm currently obsessed with mine or anything.

But yeah, unsweetened unless I add honey, lower fat because I use skim, the texture I like because I strain it my way, and all for a fraction of the price.
  • Options
    kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited April 2018
    I've been craving stuffed grape leaves.  Got some today and they were so good!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @runrinserepeat, chia seeds are a great source of protein. You can make all sorts or chia puddings with milk alternatives like coconut! 

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I stopped by a farm this morning and picked up some raw milk and am going to be making homemade whipped cream and butter. If you need me, I’ll be in non-paleo heaven.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've had the most intense craving for horseradish sauce, and I finally got some today and am having it with (hot) roast beef - aaaaamazing. 
  • Options
    @maureenmce Ooooo, that does sound amazing.

Anniversary
  • Options
    We are making Italian sandwiches. I'm living in the edge and eating it cold.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Hey @runrinserepeat I hope your chili is amazing, and I hope your avocado is more ripe than mine :grimace:

Anniversary
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango that photo of your chili makes me desperate for some of my own, but also maybe makes me gag a little bit. Pregnancy is just really confusing for my stomach. Haha. 
  • Options
    @ay-eff I understand! Each bite started with “OMG so good” but ended with “Am I finished yet? Ugh.” 

I still ate the whole bowl, because I need those beans and corn to work their fiberous magic. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    For everyone talking about artificial sweeteners - it's up to each person individually to do their own research and decide. But personally (from my research and how things affect me) am okay with stevia and erythritol which is what's in Halo Top icecream. I don't have it more than once a month, and I know it's a heck of a lot better for me than full sugar icecream. I avoid all other artificial sweeteners.  

And I agree about the full-fat vs. low-fat discussion! Avoiding artificial sweeteners most all of the time and accepting healthy fats as a part of my eating plan is necessary. Love me some full fat Greek yogurt, avocados, coconut oil, etc, etc. :smile:
  • Options
    tumbleweed-1tumbleweed-1 member
    edited April 2018
    Jumping on the artificial sweeteners discussion, I agree with previous comments that it primarily comes down to each persons health. I have some of them in moderation, for example, whatever is used to sweeten those ICE drinks. I usually drink one of those when I’m at a friends house, because that’s what he buys. I can drink one, but more than that gives me stomach cramps. I switch to water after my beverage. 

But the one I don’t ever consume, per my own personal & family medical history is aspartame because my doctor recommended I avoid it. That’s the sweetener in most diet sodas and chewing gums. For many people it’s totally safe though.

edit- for typo 
  • Options
    All I want is Chinese. Specifically, lo mein noodles. I'm working around the cravings, really trying to get in good protein and veggies. But daaaaamn, all I want are those noodles!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    I woke up with some gnarly actually in the morning MS. I ate a small bowl of cinnamon and sugar steel cut oatmeal ( it was instant... shame) and also had some bacon and hash browns with ketchup that was sorta grossing me out, eventually. Somehow this combo left me nausea-free for at least 4 hours, so not sure if I should replicate this breakfast later on or try to rotate to some slightly healthier things. Hmmm.