September 2018 Moms

E Coli Outbreak

stothistothi member
edited April 2018 in September 2018 Moms
This has been popping up on Facebook and in my other news feeds. There's an E coli outbreak that's spread to 16 states now from romaine lettuce. Seems like the type of info one should be aware of.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/romaine-lettuce-ecoli-outbreak-cdc_us_5ada5610e4b01c279db4611f

Eta: link from the CDC in case Huffington Post isn't your preferred news source.

https://www.cdc.gov/ecoli/2018/o157h7-04-18/index.html

Re: E Coli Outbreak

• Thank you!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Seriously - thanks for sharing. I had not heard about this! And, I was all proud of myself for getting a salad for lunch today. It did not have romaine in it, but still so scary! 
  • I had romaine today before I found out about this and now I'm freakinggggg
  • I think issues like this are great for sharing with the group so thanks for passing it along @stothi.

And this is why people laugh when they tell us pregnants to skip deli meat - you hear of this way more often with produce. Hasn't been very long since the last romaine-based outbreak.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Y'all, despite having seen this on the news I still think I ate romaine lettuce over the weekend. It was part of a "mixed spring greens" salad at a restaurant. Now I'm feeling sick and am extra glad it's just possibly an e. coli infection and NOT a listeria outbreak. Definitely love that these things are shared and even repeatedly shared because sometimes pregnancy brain is real and it is nice to have extra reminders. 
  • I think issues like this are great for sharing with the group so thanks for passing it along @stothi.

And this is why people laugh when they tell us pregnants to skip deli meat - you hear of this way more often with produce. Hasn't been very long since the last romaine-based outbreak.
    I’m not sure I can even remember ever hearing 
    about a deli meat outbreak. Maybe they do happen, but I just don’t pay attention since I’m not a fan of it to begin with?  Seems like there’s an outbreak involving salad ingredients every month though. 

• @nackie last time I was pregnant the outbreaks were in ice cream, hummus, salad greens and frozen vegetables. Deli meat was all fine. Go figure.