December 2018 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self Is Eating - W/O 4.19

You guys...I can't stop eating cream cheese packets. It's so embarrassing. What are YOU eating this week?

(Your food does not have to be as embarrassing as mine, lol.)

Re: What My Pregnant Self Is Eating - W/O 4.19

• Options
    I've been trying to eat according to Stephen Pratt's SuperFoods Rx because it's a good way of keeping me honest with whole foods and fruits and vegetables. But...I've also been enjoying my daily bowl of ice cream. This week's pint is The Tonight Dough.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon Ooh, I've never heard of that, I'll have to look it up! I'm just thankful that so far I've still been able to eat vegetables (though my meat aversion is starting up.) I've been having (pricey) salads every night for dinner this week. Yes, they are technically swimming in ranch dressing, which I would normally never do, but also swimming in veggies, so...yay? Craving this week also included a MOUNTAIN of artichoke hearts. I had such horrible aversions to literally everything when pregnant with DD, so it is wonderful to still be able to eat a variety of foods so far!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pink lemonade and gold fish crackers mainly. 
    And basically any carb (especially the mighty tastey ones like bagels - specifically toasted with butter, cheddar cheese and bacon...)
  • Options
    Even though I'm pregnant, I'm still sticking to Whole30 foods. I have been making a fruit smoothie in the morning for the past week with frozen organic fruit and it has been making me feel so good throughout the day.
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We’re broadly paleo, more primal. DH made a  chicken teriyaki salad with cilantro lime dressing and it is amazing. I had like 3 big plates of kid and my kids devoured it.

so freaking amazing.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    Well I'm glad everyone else is attempting to be healthy.  Today is the first time I've felt like myself and actually wanted food in like two weeks, so I went ahead and ordered a big sloppy hot Italian sub from a local restaurant a few blocks away (it had lettuce, tomato, AND onions on it, so there!) 

Image result for hoagie gif

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited April 2018
    @hkom LOVE your gift! I adore Bill Murray and Groundhog Day is one of my favorite movies! Also, your sandwich sounds amaaaaaazing and now I want a hot Italian sub.
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @maureenmce I am cracking up just sitting here by myself watching that gif

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    For breakfast I drink coffee and eat a banana and peanut butter. 
    For lunch, I eat a salad with assorted veg (usually carrots, broccoli, and onion), and a slice of bread with butter. 
    For dinner, mostly roasted veggies and rice. 
    After dinner, I have a stash of Easter chocolate that I've been rationing myself. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @runrinserepeat Guuuurl are you getting any protein in there? (I think you may have said before but I can't remember. Are you partly vegan or something?)
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Options
    kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited April 2018
    I had spicy lemongrass soup with veggies, rice noodles, and tofu for lunch today and it totally hit the spot.  It was also my first lunch out in quite a long time. I try to bring lunch to school since my student stipend is not exactly generous. I'm allowing it today as I got some veggies and I'm feeling a lot of stress waiting for these stupid Zika results.  It's been more than two weeks and I have heard nothing!  Anyway I have not been getting as many veggies as usual so I'm feeling good about getting some in today.  I've been eating Life cereal every morning and usually something on toast for lunch (+saltines throughout the day) to keep the nausea at bay, so trying to work fruits, veggies, and protein in where I can.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Pb banana toast every morning. It's usually the only thing I can stomach. As the day goes on i can usually eat whatever, last night and for lunch today it was burrito bowls. Tonight will be either pot pie or falafel pita depending on time we get home from our us. I'm loving fruit, which is great. I'm not really craving anything yet, definitely getting more hungry, though. 
  • Options
    My aversions are strong this time around.  I'm mainly going off of what sounds good in the millisecond. Today I had chickfila and it was probably the most protein I've had in days because the thought of meat makes me gag. I think for dinner tonight I'm going to have a bean burrito.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @PensiveCrayon I added the peanut butter specifically for the protein. Before I wasn't eating even that. I do try to add tofu to dinner sometimes, too, but ... protein just does nothing for me. 

I figure I'll probably be fine until I talk to my doctor about it. I think I need to request a consult to nutrition, because based on most resources I've looked at, I'm not hitting several goals (apparently I need more fruit and more grains, too. I might be okay on fats. I get just about no dairy). I just don't really know how to fit it all in with my specific dietary restrictions and personal dislikes. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    Last night I ate the most enormous plate of Mexican food in the world. With an enchilada, tamale, and chili rellenos. Probably a mistake as I felt like crap after. But worth it.

@kristah2 That bagel sounds amazing.

@texas_2 Now I want chick fil a. It doesn’t help that I’m feeling way too lazy to cook dinner.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    Lots of mexican food for some reason. Oh and all the ice cream
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• Options
    Boneless honey BBQ wings from BWW. I’ve literally ate it 3 times in 1.5 weeks. I always regret it
  • Options
    Nothing sounds good tonight except for jalapeño popper macaroni and cheese and there’s no way for me to get that unless I wait for DH to come home from his meeting because I’m not hauling the kids to the restaurant. It might be worth it to wait. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    Salty stuff. I've been adding salsa to everything. My scrambled eggs this morning were heaven. I may have added a couple extra dashes of garlic and seasoned salt to the fried potatoes this evening. Whoops.
    For a snack I've been craving cream cheese and cucumbers. So weird.
    Married: 08/04/13
    DS: 11/25/14
    DD: 06/25/16
    EDD: 12/05/18

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

That said, I am displeased by how quickly Life cereal gets soggy. I need my cereal to be crunchy, darn it!
    I eat my Life so fast it can't get soggy.  Whole bowl is gone in under a minute!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just saw a biscuit and gravy and needed to have it. I am not feeling so good afterwards. I’m reading this thread and what I really want is cereal!!! Maybe rice crispies! Also I’ve been wanting Ben and Jerry’s I’ve cream for 3 days now! I keep complianing that I want it and expecting the complaining to somehow fix my need. What stops me is that’d I’d have to get some for the kids too (and I want ice cream instead of dinner, not after dinner). I need to sneak some soon. 
  • Options
    k_m10k_m10 member
    Crackers. I almost puked in the middle of eating my yogurt.
    I did have some eggs and sausage for breakfast, with some toast. So I guess it’s okay that my lunch is lacking. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We were out of bread this morning so I put peanut butter and bananas on frozen waffles. Maybe this is also a FFFC, haha.
  • Options
    omnommeromnommer member
    edited April 2018
    I'm lucky that I haven't started having cravings or aversions yet, so I've been pretty close to my normal diet: lower-carb and higher fat than the standard american diet, but kind of in the middle.

A normal day goes like this:
    Breakfast: Protein shake with frozen fruit and spinach
    Snack: Whole wheat toast with peanut butter
    Lunch: Leftovers (today was pulled chicken, roasted sweet potato and a salad)
    Snack: 3 HB eggs (my nutritionist really wants me to get 3 eggs in a day for choline, iron, DHA and vitamin A.
    Dinner: Usually something simple like a meat or fish with roasted veggies and a salad.
    Dessert: Fruit with homemade/unsweetened whipped cream, almonds with cheese, etc. Though I did just buy some Halo Top icecream for when I absolutely need something "sweet" :) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    k_m10k_m10 member
    @omnommer I was told not to eat Halo Top because of the artificial sweeteners? There’s so much conflicting info out there, I’ll have to ask my OB next week.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    As soon as my kid is awake we’re going to Rita’s.

@omnommer Your daily diet is something I really should aspire to!
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Options
    I think artificial sweetener might be a personal preference
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    k_m10k_m10 member
    @texas_t I def need more info. This was unsolicited advice from someone so I take it with a grain of salt. I’ll ask my OB.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Poutine and burritos are pretty much all I want to eat. These burritos to be specific: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/13954/addictive-sweet-potato-burritos/

Also, date squares. I craved them last pregnancy. I think my co-workers might figure out I’m pregnant again based on how many date squares I’ve eaten this week. 
  • Options
    @KATEM987 I think most doctors are going to love artificial sweeteners.  I guess I just figure if you personally think they're fine, then you probably won't give them up during pregnancy.  I think a good rule, at least for myself, is everything in moderation. I am trying to be reasonable about what gets me through the day! 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    I really haven't had an appetite (which is unusal for me). Brought some leftover spaghetti today (made a giant pot earlier this week because it actually sounded good), and now I feel kind of disgusting. Definitely different from last pregnancy, where I wanted to eat ALL THE THINGS (but especially cinnamon rolls).
  • Options
    I am not usually a fast food person and haven’t really eaten it since college . But I have been obsessed with green burritos from del taco. Like I have eaten one for lunch everyday for like a week ! Then it goes to all the food in the world sounds amazing but I feel to nauseous to eat any of it. I was never this nauseous with my daughter so thinking this one might be a boy ? 
  • Options
    ErinkaErinka member
    edited April 2018
    I’m still doing my weight watchers plan for now. I get lots of veggies, fruit, protein, carbs, etc. I will add additional calories (likely more carb!) when I get into the 2nd tri. 
  • Options
    @runrinserepeat We get a lot of our protein from beans! I make a jammin’ three bean salad once a week. 

@texas_t @katem987 Re: Artificial sweeteners
    I haven’t asked any of my Dr.s but my favorite nutrition books advise against the artificial stuff. But as it happens, artificial sweeteners leave me with a horrid aftertaste, and artificial colors give me headaches. So DH and I are in the more-whole-foods-and-fewer-processed-products camp. 

Today we finally got back home, and can get back to eating our normal healthy food. Tonight I celebrated with a smoothie (spinach, blueberries, superfood powder [read fiber], coconut water, plain yogurt & honey). I wasn’t hungry but knew I needed some nutrition. 

Tomorrow I’m stoked to make a vegetarian chili to pour over baked sweet potatoes. I already plan on using too much salt. Mmm. 
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm with everyone on the Mexican kick - I went to a random hole-in-the-wall place with my coworker for lunch on Wednesday, and it ended up being kind of like Chipotle on steroids; I got a burrito with rice, chicken, fajita veggies, sweet potato, mushrooms, corn, spicy salsa, and cheese, and now the issue is that I've been craving only that one specific meal all week since. I haven't been able to stomach much beside crackers, but that of course went down just fine. :neutral:

@ay-eff: I am all over that recipe!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have not been as healthy as I should and I am praying for it. Such an upset stomach yesterday. I am going shopping today so I can have a fruit, yogurt, milk, and spinach smoothie everyday. But I can't figure out what type of yogurt is acceptable. Some people say don't do full fat and some people say don't do light. Has anyone talked to their doctor's about this? Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I can't figure out what type of yogurt is acceptable. Some people say don't do full fat and some people say don't do light. Has anyone talked to their doctor's about this? Thanks in advance!
    The difference between yogurts is fat and sugar. Light yogurts tend to have fewer fats and more artificial sugars -like sucralose. Full fat yogurts *usually* don't have artificial ingredients and do have more fat. 

Since I avoid artificial ingredients, DH and I only buy organic full-fat plain yogurt. If you’re not used to plain yogurt, add honey to sweeten :smile:

^ Be advised that that’s the difference between most products that have a light, reduced fat, or fat-free version. 

Fats are removed because that what people want to buy, but artificial sugars are added to make the food more palatable without adding calories. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @echo-charlietango I <3 me some black bean. Or refried beans. Or garbanzos. Really all of them. I just don’t really go out of my way to eat them lately, which is terrible. 

But you've inspired me and I'm going to make veggie chili for lunches this week, to eat over baked sweet potato. Our cafeterias will be closed (and I’m not so sure I want salads/romaine right now anyway), so I’ve been wracking my brain for what to make to bring in all week. Thanks!
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Deleted repeat content

Anniversary