Baby Names
Options

Most popular baby names where you live?

edited April 2018 in Baby Names
I am in Philly and the most popular baby boy names seem to be Asher, Noah, Miles, Zach, Leo, Ethan, Max..What names do you hear most in your area?

Re: Most popular baby names where you live?

• Options
    I'm currently in bumfuck MD and I mostly hear girls names with Ly tacked on and Jackson/Jaxon. 
  • Options
    I live in NY and we do have a lot of ethnic style
    names which in general although I might hear them frequently I don’t think they fall in the popular category really. Some that I know multiple of are Jay’vonte, Giovanni, Enrique, Amari, and Elena

As far as trendy popular we have a lot of Lynn added on to girl names in my one kids class there is a Gracelynn, Irelynn, Jessalynn, Ashlyn and Jaylynn. It’s absurd. 

Amelia is quite popular as are the Lily, Leah, Lydia style L names. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Southeastern MI- I have been hearing a lot of M names- Mia, Mila, Madelyn, Miles. And still a ton of Emma, Emily, Aiden, Addison. Seems to also be a lot of classic names coming back- Matthew, Daniel, Catherine/Katherine, Elizabeth etc.
  • Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited April 2018
    Here in Los Angeles, the names I hear repeatedly are: Ruby (I know three!) Olive, Juniper, and Violet. For boys there are a LOT of little Leo's running around and I've heard Felix and Finn a bit lately too.
  • Options
    In New England, and I am hearing of lots of little Carters, Finns, Haydens, and Williams. For girls, still lots of Maddies (both Madelines and Madisons), Emmas, Addies, Ellies (Eleanor or Gabrielle), and Charlottes.
  • Options
    In the Midwest and I know a million Audrey, Macy/Maci, and Ethan babies. 
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Charlie is EVERYWHERE. I’m a midwesterner living in Europe, and there are boy and girl Charlies everywhere I turn (among my U.S. friends, living in all parts of the U.S.). 

Eta, I like the name, it’s not a criticism
  • Options
    I hear a lot of Ellie/Ella, Ava, Elijah, Ezra... in Phoenix. 
  • Options
    ErinkaErinka member
    edited April 2018
    Hannah, McKenzie, Aiden, Hayden in the PNW
  • Options
    Jackson is everywhere in the northeast
    Logan, Mason, Connor

Ava, Olivia, Ella, Maeve, Variations of Emmy, Addy, Maddie
  • Options
    mb0112 said:
    Jackson is everywhere in the northeast

And Jaxon
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!