June 2018 Moms

Re: Randoms Week of 4/16

• @mytinc So jealous! I convinced DH to do it before this LO arrives and i'm so excited! :) 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Rescue cat saga continues.

No one has claimed him and he is still isolated to our downstairs bathroom... so I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow for an exam, shots, and blood work so he can be out with our other animals and dd without me worrying about all that.  :(  I don't see how we can keep him but he's so sweet. He just wants to snuggle and play.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @sabby2 I didn't realize you still had the cat!! Can your vet check him for a microchip? Or did you already do that??
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 they already did the week we found him.  We found out then that he was already neutered too. So, animal control in our city told us we could either put the cat back outside and "see if he'd find his way home" or we are stuck trying to figure out what to do with him.  The local pet rescue is full for cats but said they might be willing to take him on if we foster.  That solves the expense part but not the having an extra cat in our house part.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh @sabby2 it's a great thing you're doing but what terrible timing! Hope his owner shows up soon. There's been a missing kitty poster up around our neighborhood for the last couple weeks and it breaks my heart every time I see it.
  • If he was naughty or mean I wouldn't feel as bad haha.  I'm a sucker for poor animals.  I would hope someone would treat my animals the same if they were lost (ours are all microchipped though....).
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Mmmm gumbo.... seafood restrictions ugh!!!! We haven’t had gumbo since week 12 when we found out the gender, and its MH’s favorite dish. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @sabby2 did the shelter give you a timeline for how long you would be fostering?  Does the shelter do anything to help you locate the cat's owners or is it just your cat now until they can find a new forever home?
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @jsl82 they didn't really give me a time line other than asking what if you have to foster for over a year?  They run a couple area Facebook ages and have posted about the cat there for us. Other than that, no help.  They just said make sure not to take him to a shelter that euthanizes..
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• I almost scored a Mamaroo for 100 dollars.. someone messaged the seller right before I claimed it. I died a little inside..
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @ffw0617 what seafood is in gumbo that isn’t allowed?

im having some insane baby kicking today where I can sort of see the foot poking out lol. 
  • @sabby2 if it makes you feel any better we got a mamaroo with DD and I think used it twice...she absolutely hated it and I felt so bad lying to the people who got it for us as it just sat there
  • @katie121209 its allowed. Only 12 oz of seafood per week per my doctor so that’s basically one meal maybe 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • What random things are happening today??
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sabby2 I'm fighting the first cold of this pregnancy. It unfortunately comes with a terrible headache and lower back pain. I kind of just want to be in my bed. Alas, too much to do at work. I should not have procrastinated. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 boo!  I have a cold too... DD generously shared with me.

@kfren woohoo for date night!  

@2589 Aww dd was 3 for her first haircut too.  glad she loves her hair!!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Guise, I miss checking here and seeing like 45 updates I've missed. :(

I know it's the natural progression of things but at least my last BMB was still pretty active until a few months after we had our babies.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Battling a cold here too. Fairly mild this time, but miserable still. Tomorrow is my sprinkle, here at my house so I'm cleaning for that. Trying to do it in increments so I don't wear myself out. 
    32 weeks today, so baby could come in as little as 5 weeks! Goodness.
  • @sunshineandwhiskey Yaaaaaaaasssss!  I missed that button!!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• It's been so hard for me to check in here this week, the mobile site takes forever to load on my phone! Thank goodness for that link at the bottom though. 

I'm getting a haircut today for the first time in wayyyyyy too long (maybe 9-10 months? :flushed:). I plan to still keep it lonng but get a good refresh of the ends and layers. Who knows the next time I'll be able to go back after this :tongue:
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @elsie42 exactly what I told my hairdresser yesterday- idk when you’ll be seeing me again!  :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @rnielsen321 I hope you don't have to deal with preterm labor. Keep that baby cooking! Your list looks good and is making me freak out a bit about mine. We need to focus on getting our master bedroom back in order, currently mid paint job with a bed in the middle of the room. I feel like a lot of the things that I want to get done in the nursery are dependent on getting things. I need the drawer organizers so I can wash and put away all the clothes. I need the mattress pad so I can put the sheets on. I need picture frames so I can hang the pictures. Ugh! 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @LaceyBee522 so sweet.... and yet also slightly creepy to think about? lol  :D
  • @LaceyBee522 and now I'm crying at work .... thanks lol {for reference that is too sweet and I am dying a little inside}
  • I'm getting a haircut soon too. I haven't done that in like 2 years. I had a minor trim last year, but no length taken off so it's gotten really long. I found some cute, but realistic shoulder length styles on Pinterest so I'm going to do one of those before baby comes. 
    I want it short, but still able to go in a ponytail.
  • @May14th2011 I was debating on a cut before baby, but then I've opted to do coloured tips. Figured it'll stave off my need for change until post-pardum cut. {which I heard is a thing}
  • @LaceyBee522 - my DH is the same. No interest in the pregnancy... came to meet the OB... been to the anatomy scan, but not interested in being patient enough for a belly kick. Last pregnancy, no interest in equipment, process, or what have you. So involved and hands on after arrival! He is a great dad!

BUT god forbid I drive in the snow to get DD on Saturday. NO way was he going to let his whole family all in one car, in an ice storm. And watch out when the wee one gets here. He will be so smitten with the new one, and torn with paying attention to our first one... it's going to be awesome. But honestly, he's worried, he's concerned... just quietly excited... and well, will be all involved when there is someone for him to hold.... He's just that way. 

Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • My H is pretty hands off. He comes to the appts, and asks the questions, but doesn't care about touching the belly or feeling kicks {which he does feel because I often sleep facing him, he actually was the first to feel her kick on the outside :) }

But you know what? I'm not concerned about when she's born, because I saw his face in the first ultrasound and first time he heard the heart beat .... he's already totally in love with her <3

Hands off or not, I'm sure these guys will love the LO's right away ;)
  • DH definitely is getting more interested in this pregnancy as we get closer to the due date.  He'll talk to my belly and ask to play the baby songs.  

I know he's going to be much more involved after baby gets here since that's how it went with dd.  He was actually sad this baby was a boy for quite awhile since he loves being a dad to dd SO much.  That girl has us all wrapped around her finger...
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker