September 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms w/o 4/16

Any new symptoms this week? Questions about what you’re feeling?

Re: Symptoms w/o 4/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ccoonnssttippaattiiooonn, all over again. Maybe because this week is a big baby growth spurt?

I’ve been taking colace 2x a day from like the start, and eating the fruit, and drinking the water. Yesterday I ate prunes w my coffee first thing in the morning... nothing. My ob is more cautious w miralax so I’m not supposed to use it much, but I mixed a dose into my am coffee hoping for better results.  

My body processes slowly to begin with, but this is just ridiculous. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Options
    I finally started getting my bump a couple of days ago. Last night, I started having very bad right rib pain and it's still hurting. That's all that's going on with me. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @smsaulino Yay to getting your bump! Mine appeared out of nowhere - it's a big adjustment, but it feels great to actually start looking pregnant! I hope your rib pain gets better. 
  • Options
    @magnolia209 that is totally normal for your body to start producing colostrum now. You could start wearing breast pads inside of your bras to help save them from staining. I'd also recommend some earth mama nipple butter to help prevent irritation and what not. Boob size doesn't matter for breastfeeding, it's awesome!
  • Options
    Iron induced nausea... I know it's a possibility but I don't think I've had it happen before. Prenatal nausea yes, but never iron only nausea. I took it right after my morning oatmeal too but that apparently didn't help. Felt like I was going to throw up at my desk. Thankfully it seems to have passed.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    @nlc8424 Do not underestimate the power of saline nasal spray, either!
    ^ Thanks for posting this! I woke up with the worst sinus headache and you reminded me I have some saline nasal spray- trying that! I am praying I don't have another sinus infection- I had one a month or so ago and it was the absolute worst. The antibiotics made me so sick and they were 10 days long. Hoping it isn't that again, I am just getting past the morning sickness lol!! :s

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Options
    @DanyTargaryen The things that really helped me with iron related nausea were to take it on a completely full stomach, with orange juice. Even then, it still hit me a bit. Do they have you taking the slow release supplement?

AFM- So much growing pain :confounded: I've started looking like I need to lay off the beer, so an actual bump might not be too far off.

Nausea has been much better. I'm trying to get over the food aversions that I seem to have picked up. I've also gotten better about taking tiny bites. 

Headaches have also been hitting me every few days. Tylenol doesn't do much for them, or caffeine. Pretty much just try to get a nap.
  • Options
    @DanyTargaryen At least you are taking yours. I am low on iron every pregnancy but I dread taking a supplement. 

I am feeling pretty decent beside the growing belly pains. 
  • Options
    Woke up with an extremely full bladder this morning and as soon as I was done peeing I had a massive contraction. This happened last time around too whenever my bladder got too full, but holy crap it took my breath away. I had forgotten how intense they were!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @knitknitread - They didn't give me a specific one so I just picked up the Nature Made one. Don't think it's slow release.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • Options
    @AdmiralKitty Yes! I don't know that mine have necessarily felt as intense as contractions, but sometimes after I pee it hurts like the baby is readjusting after gaining more room! 

I've been feeling movement for about five weeks now, but new this week is feeling the baby completely change positions! Yesterday, it felt on the outside like his/her whole back was pushed up against the right side of my belly trying to get into a more comfortable position  :D
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• Options
    @DanyTargaryen I take my iron pills right before bed. This way, I don't really notice them, plus they're more effective on an empty stomach (although if I'm snacking after dinner that part doesn't matter). If you're dealing with insomnia you might feel it, but at least you'd be laying down and not trying to do anything if it does hit. If you're still exhausted all the time like I am, you'll probably be asleep before you notice anything. And I think I've gotten more used to them and don't have the same reaction now anyways.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    Super embarassing moment yesterday: Immediately after peeing at church, as I was walking to the sink, I somehow spontaneously let out *more* pee. Luckily I was wearing a dress, so I ended up just going commando. It was weird and not fun. We were on a road trip last week, with a lot of sitting during the drive of course but then also at a conference. Maybe my pelvic floor muscles need some more exercise? It was motivating for sure.
  • Options
    I am also having some incontinence when vomiting or sneezing, but Kegels don't seem to be helping. How long does it take to help?

• Options
    Plus one for the incontinence when I vomit or sneeze really hard. I’ve been doing kegels too, just hoping they start helping soon. 
  • Options
    @adirat I was very close to peeing, pooping, farting, or all of the above when I was sick with bronchitis and coughing up a lung back in January. I think it's just how bodies work. You tense up and squeeze muscles in one part of your body and it puts pressure on other organs and things. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    adirat said:
    I am also having some incontinence when vomiting or sneezing, but Kegels don't seem to be helping. How long does it take to help?
    I’m still waiting for them to help from DS...
  • Options
    @jhjocelyn I am right there with you and the constipation.  At my last appointment my doctor said colace everyday and when I get desperate add some Miralax.  Historically Miralax makes me really crampy, but I broke down yesterday and took some.  

The past two days I have been nauseous again, I am not ok with nausea making an appearance again.   

I am 17+4 and this week have been ridiculously hungry while still nauseous...I didn't know it was a thing. 

• Options
    Seeing my bump too this week out of nowhere too @smsaulino Congratulations! sucks about the rib pain, I guess things are just re adjusting in there :) 
    @jhjocelyn I am so sorry you are feeling uncomfortable, you have tried all the tricks I know. I hope you get some relief soon. 
    @treeofcheem +1 to the squats, I find it helps me a lot! 
    Also super hungry all day long @nlc8424 at night I've got nothing. Lunch is my fav meal of the day by far! By evening I just feel full/gross
    Me: 34 DH:33
    TTC since Oct 2016
    DX: Undetermined possible PCOS+MFI 
    July 2017-Dec 2017 Letrozole+TI
    Dec 2017 CP
    Jan 2018 BFP:EDD 9-25

• Options
    Thanks for the info about squats! I'll try them out.

I had a check up today. 18 weeks and I have gained 2 pounds, which my doctor told me is too little and I need to eat more. I wanted to cry. Almost all food repulses me and I'm still vomiting. I'm a whole anxious mess now and spent the last half hour googling how dangerous it is not to gain enough weight.

• Options
    Add me to the “peeing when I sneeze” party! Or cough, or laugh, or like, the wind blows...I posted early on that I had issues with my pelvic floor muscles from an old illness/injury, and someone told me there are physical therapists that specialize in pelvic floor. I may look into that soon, bc I don’t think I can do Kegels correctly (they are difficult for me, and make my muscles really hurt, so I don’t think I’m able to isolate the right muscles).

ive been having weird tightness/pinching/muscle spasms? that feel sort of like cramps, but not really painful, just like tightness. Not sure if these are muscle contractions or just stretching and growing pains. 
  • Options
    @ashh2018 The tightness might be Braxton Hicks. NBD if they aren't getting stronger and/or regular, and it's definitely not too early for them to start. That's how I'd describe mine, although it's easier to tell later on because I can literally touch my stomach and it's rock hard. But it could also just be stretching and stuff.
  • Options
    @treeofcheem I was just looking online and thinking it could be Braxton Hicks. Trying not to google too much and make myself nervous haha! 
  • Options
    I'm so sad. I've joined team constipated :'( I've been pooping like a champ until now, but no more. I have such sadness and tummy cramps from needing to poo. Ow.
    Also my face is crazy dry!!! I have flakey dry skin like crazy! I don't remember this being a thing so I don't know if it's pregnancy related but I look like I don't know how to groom myself :'(
  • Options
    @stothi my face has been really dry too. I feel like it just soaks up moisturizer as soon as I put it on. Sorry you are dealing with constipation. Mine has gotten better, but I’m still not what I would call normal. Miralax did nothing for me when I was at my worst. I finally bought the tiny little things of prune juice for when it is at its very worst and that seems to help. 
  • Options
    @stothi I've been dealing with both dry skin and constipation, too. Pretty much the whole pregnancy. At least the dry skin counteracts my normally combination oily skin and people have been telling me that my skin looks great. It also lets me go two days between hair washes. Trying to look on the bright side... LOL No positive things about not pooping though. :/
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    Everyone is describing exactly what I’m experiencing too: pee all the time (especially when I sneeze) hungry, yet sometimes nauseous, constipation. So much fun. I’m feeling really run down today, going to craft a movies with Mommy day with DD so I can mostly lay down. She’ll love it, I’ll do my best to be present with her while still resting. It’s SNOWING today, so I don’t feel too bad about it. 

I purchased a maternity support belt and belt and it’s been helping me with my lower back and pelvic pain, especially when I’m out walking a lot.
  • Options
    stothi said:
    Also my face is crazy dry!!! I have flakey dry skin like crazy! I don't remember this being a thing so I don't know if it's pregnancy related but I look like I don't know how to groom myself :'(
    I was wondering if the dry skin was pregnancy or winter related!! The top of my forehead and cheeks are so dry no matter how much lotion I put on right now. It's really annoying!!
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • Options
    So when I was on birth control I could go 4 days without washing my hair. When I got off birth control my hair became so oily I had to wash it daily, but I’m pregnancy I am loving that I can go 4 days without washing again.