July 2018 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change 4/12

How far along today? How big is baby?

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms

Appointments/US this week

Random Questions

Rants/Raves

What is your favorite Spring/Summer activity?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 4/12

• Options
    28 weeks! Lettuce or a Nintendo console

Lower back still feels like garbage, and I'm peeing more than I ever have in my life, didn't think that was possible. Not really a symptom, but up until now I've been able to eat super spicy things way above my normal spicy tolerance, last night was the first time a jalapeno was spicy to me, and I don't usually think those are hot. Not sure if it was a one off thing or if it means I'm suddenly going to lose my tolerance of all things atomic hot.

Getting my rhogam shot tomorrow, we thought we were going to be able to avoid it because DH is O - but it's not documented in a way the clinic will accept, so gotta get the shot.

Random Questions
    Curious how long after pregnancy people still use their pregnancy pillows. I have one of those giant u-shaped things and DH is eager to get that monster out of the bed.

Rants/Raves

We usually do a lot of serious hiking, this spring summer we're going to have to find some shorter hikes, and I'm trying to convince myself that just gives us the opportunity to see places we would normally pass up for being too easy. Dad and older bro are hiking the Lost Coast Trail this summer and wanted to know if DH and I wanted to go. Did I mention they are going in June? Somehow I think a 25 mile hike is not ideal for 37 week pregnant lady isn't advisable.

• Options
    How far along today? How big is baby? 25 weeks. Some apps say rutabaga some say cauliflower. Cauliflower sounds super yummy right now—just saying. 

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms Just the heartburn and baby LOVES to play a lot. Some smells still make me wanna puke. It’s not pleasant. 

Appointments/US this week I met with the MFM on Monday. Had a level 2 ultrasound and confirmed baby’s cleft lip and they said they do believe the palate is involved. Heart and brain looked good but they want a fetal echo. I just got word that the preliminary results for the amnio came back normal. Yippee. 

Random Questions no questions. 

Rants/Raves

water. I love swimming and playing in the pool or beach (but I hate wearing a swimsuit!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    27 weeks! Lettuce?

I have this weird feeling like my pubic bone is bruised and it hurts when I walk,  but I don't notice it when I'm sitting. 

nothing this week, but I have 28 week checkup, GD test, and meeting with the "healthy beginnings" nurse next week!

Random Questions
    Not that I can think of right now...

Rants/Raves
    This is my first 5 day work week in over a month and I'm already over it and still work tomorrow. One of my coworkers also just quit because of my witch of a supervisor and another is threatening to quit. It's going to be a miserable couple months until leave.

what is spring? I seriously don't think it's ever coming... supposed to snow again today. 
    But when warmer weather does finally come I like to be outside as much as possible. Softball games, bbqs, hanging at the river, even yardwork, etc. My favorite for a relaxing day is probably taking the dogs out on the boat and doing some day drinking and yard games on a sandbar.
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    How far along today? How big is baby? 27 Weeks, Camping Lantern or Lettuce

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms heart burn, some pelvic pain, insomnia

Appointments/US this week had 27 week check up all is looking good, start every 2 weeks now. Have to have NSTs 2x a week starting at 32 weeks. and have a growth US on Monday.

Random Questions None that I can think of

Rants/Raves again drawing a blank

sitting by the pool/sprinkler/kiddie pool with family and just hanging out

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    @angleyeskkhr yay for results on the amnio!!

28 weeks! I think I read eggplant today?

Yesterday afternoon my abdomen got real tight and was not letting up. Probably just had too much at lunch. =/

Nothing this week!

Random Questions

Rants/Raves
    Yesterday, DH had some of my favorite cookies delivered to my office. It was really sweet. He normally doesn't do stuff like that, so it was like extra for him.

I grew up swimming during the summer. I still enjoy it, but I would prefer to go the beach and just lounge (if the beaches by me weren't so disgusting).
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing one of my early pregnancy symptoms was that I all of the sudden couldn't handle anything spicy! Crazy it's been the opposite for you. I think i am back to normal now though. 

@angleyeskkhr So happy to hear about the good amnio results. Hoping the fetal echo also comes back normal! It will still be a tough road with the cleft lip and palate, but you are strong! 

@wysmom14 can't believe you are already at every 2 week appointments! Makes it seem so close! Remind me - why are you doing the NSTs? How often will you need growth scans? 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    MrsMiller8588 With my son I had hypertension and preeclampsia so they want me to start the NSTs twice a week at 32 weeks... and I know I cant believe its already every 2 weeks. Makes it all so close. 12 weeks until C-section date!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    How far along today? How big is baby? I'm 26 weeks. Last week I said the same thing but that was a typo.

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms not since last week. My tailbone pain hasn't been as bad recently though

Appointments/US this week nope. Next one is in two weeks.

Rants/Raves The newest job opportunity that I'm going to apply for was supposed to be posted on Monday but HR is battling over the title and so they took it down immediately. I just want to know what the wage band is!! I am getting more and more fed up with faculty "problems". Even if it's not the job I just referenced, I think I need to find something new.

My absolute favorite is sipping drinks and laying in our hammock in the backyard. This summer I'm looking forward to floating in the pool with my giant belly. At home we do the sandbox, color on the driveway, jump on the trampoline.... We also enjoy hiking, biking, taking walks, and kayaking. I also like going to the playground parks and the spray parks/splash pads with the kids. Last summer my kids seemed to think the water was too cold at spray parks so we'll see this year. 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    How far along today? How big is baby? 28 weeks-third tri finally!

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms get out of breath and short of breath so easily. Getting huge. Immense back pain 

Appointments/US this week Had a check in with my OB today. All good. Have a growth scan with MFM next week. Think I’m at the point where I’m having appointments every week up until the end now 

Rants/Raves Things are starting to get super real. Meeting with my replacement while I’m on leave next week to start onboarding her and working from home full time until leave starts June 1. Furniture for the nursery starting to be delivered next week. The end is starting to come into view

Taking long walks around the city 
  • Options
    Late to the party because of travel but wanted to catch up with everyone!

@angleyeskkhr yay for good amnio results and FX the echo comes back normal. It's pretty cool to see what they can tell using an ultrasound machine. 

@MrsMiller8588 @devilcat139 I can't believe you're at every two weeks all ready! Everything IS getting so real!

@noideawhatshesdoing I am stuck looking for shorter hikes that are mountainless this summer as well, both so DS can join in and so that I can do them! Its hard to find hikes with a good pay out around here that aren't super long/ don't have a huge incline.

How far along today? How big is baby? 25 weeks (+4 at this point!), the head of Thor's hammer

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms; the muscles around my pubic bone (pelvic floor?) hurt whenever I have to do anything where I separate my legs, so like, lift one leg to roll over in bed, or step one foot forward while the other stays behind. This typically only happens if I have done a LOT of activity or stood a lot, or if I have sat a lot. If I sit a lot I get a lot of hip pain when I sleep. I been having a lot of pain right around the belly button, and this weird burning sensation that goes horizontally along that area as well that I can only describe as like, muscle heartburn? I don't know, but that only happened this week while I was driving so we'll see if it continues.

Appointments/US this week; nop e, not til May 2

Random Questions

Rants/Raves I am excited that sleep wise, the hip burning isn't constant. So far, i've been sleeping like a damn baby (with the exception of the last few days), and while I know that is likely to end as I get more uncomfortable, I am excited that I have been able to enjoy sleeping for a little while longer this time around. I had a lot of different factors that could have been stressing me out the last couple times I was preggo, and those are gone for me this time, so it will be interesting to see what else it affects (maybe I'll go into labor on my own?!?! One can hope).

Gardening. The farmer's market every Saturday, hiking with the dogs and DS and going to parks.