June 2018 Moms
Options

Appointments Week of 4/9

2»

Re: Appointments Week of 4/9

• Options
    Thanks, ladies. This was not at all unexpected, and it's not my first rodeo, so it's a little easier. Helps to only have to do it for a few months, and I don't need to gain any more weight, anyway.

@catlady1215 Being in the hospital on a holiday totally blows. I hope you get the date you want.
    @pupsicle23 FX your appointment goes well! 
    @chartermama Yup, currently 88th percentile. DD was 8lbs 14 oz and DS1 was 8lbs 9oz (at 38w3d). 
  • Options
    @chartermama I wouldn't worry right now since it was a new doctor.  Different doctors may measure slightly differently.  Wait and see what your doctor says.  DS was also 8.11 and my doctor is estimating this one to be in the high 8s too at birth.  She isn't worried or concerned about the size.  Deep breathe and wait to see what your doctor thinks! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chartermama I also measured at 32 weeks at my 30 week appointment--that is 100 percent in the range of normal. The fundal height measurement can vary greatly just on things like body type, how your baby is positioned, etc. I have always (in this pregnancy and my previous one) measured AT LEAST two weeks ahead, sometimes more. I was measuring 4 weeks ahead last time and got sent for a growth scan, and my son was squarely in the 50th percentile for size. So really, I wouldn't worry too much!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @pupsicle23 I swear every time I get blood taken it feels like so much. I'm just thinking "is all of that necessary!?" {i'm also awful with blood work lol}
  • Options
    @kfren @marcus7676 @MoonOverGoldsboro @agarv77

Thanks ladies! I feel better knowing not to look to deep into the fundal measurements. I think I was scarred from my son bc my last OB dropped the ball and didn’t know he was measuring 9 lbs 7 ounces until I was 5 days late. Luckily he was only 8’11. I felt blindsided and it was a rough delivery for me!

A big baby is probably in the cards for me. Better start doing my kegels now lol! 
  • Options
    @kfren Sorry to hear about your glucose results. Hang in there. You’re in the home stretch and will be holding that beautiful baby soon.
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 Glad to hear it's back to normal-ish
    Ack 7 weeks! Lmao! I could go into labour around then too since I'm reading as due date of June 3rd vs EDD of June 8th :O {bday baby triplets! lol}
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 eeeeek how exciting! I can't remember, will your doctor not let you attempt a vaginal birth since its twins or did you both just prefer to go with a c? FX your BP stays down too! 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    OB just called and my WBC count is still high. But I also just started to have a sore throat and congestion today, soooo I’ll probably have to get blood drawn again. FX and I’ll update next week. Bleh.

@LaceyBee522 yay for a scheduled time!! 
  • Options
    stephcat421stephcat421 member
    edited April 2018
    @LaceyBee522 such good news! Keep cooking babies!

@pupsicle23 I was just thinking about you and wondering how things were going with your WBC count. Maybe the cold was the reason for their increase?
  • Options
    @elsie42 I just decided to do a scheduled C. I don't want to be in labor for 20 or 30 hours then be told I need an emergency c-section. The likelihood of that happening is really high because it is twins.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 one of the twin moms in my other BMB had one vaginally and one via c-section. That just seems cruel and awful to have to recover from both. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista but imagine the possibilities for lording it over other moms! “I had a med free vaginal delivery AND a c-section with a spinal in the same day! You didn’t give birth unless you did it this way!” 
  • Options
    @stephcat421 Thanks for the thoughts! Yeah, I’m hoping that they just measured things during a funky week where I had a lot of germs to fight.
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 definitely! Much less risk and worry with it scheduled. @Austenista a woman I've watched on YouTube had that happen to her. It sounds so rough! 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    @Austenista I have heard about that happening!! No way, man. I don’t think I could handle it! That woman is a super hero. 
    Pregnancy Ticker