June 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms Week of 4/9

Re: Randoms Week of 4/9

• Options
    Has anyone started to be able to wear maxi dresses or skirts?
    I wanna pick up a couple, and don't really want to get maternity sizing ....
    @MissKittyDanger I got one from Pink Blush for my shower, but it is maternity. It is supposed to be 80 degrees here Saturday, so I am planning to wear it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I regularly wear my normal (not maternity) maxi skirts and dresses. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I have a bunch of the LLR maxi's and can wear them no problem.  They are my favorite actually. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I regularly wear my normal (not maternity) maxi skirts and dresses. 
    is it comfortable in non-mat sizing? Also, my LO seems to be sitting low {possibly getting ready to drop}, does maxi skirts come with a good waist band? {I'm thinking like yoga pants where you can adjust high or low}
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger - yes! While pregnant, I definitely prefer the maxi skirts where they fold down like yoga pants instead of being more of a structured waistband. 
  • Options
    @BurlapandLace I am going to the JBF sale here next Wednesday. I hoping I can find some good basic clothes (I'm afraid the basics are what get worn more and worn out so we'll see). Definitely share your haul! 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    I am sooooo annoyed with our dog. He has gone down into my hamper and chewed up 3 pairs of my maternity underwear in the past week.  He did this my last pregnancy too. I just put all of his toys in the garage as punishment lol. 
  • Options
    @krashke @BurlapandLace I'm going to a JBF sale next Thursday!!  i'm terrified.
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @burlapandlace have fun!! Jbf is my fav. I have 2 coming up, starting next wkend then the following. I don't even think I need much for either kid but I'm sure I'll over buy. Kind of want to find a cheap baby carrier... just to have something on hand to try and not pay full price if it's a no go.

@krashke I kind of always felt like baby stuff wasn't to worn out yet since they grow so fast. It was always the older stuff that was hit or miss cause they're crawling around etc

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    Our female cat has been hanging out in the baby's room since we set it up. Idk if she's sitting on glider, but she's always in there lol
    And when I wake in middle of the night and go downstairs, she shadows me. {she also looks upset I disturbed her sleep, but look .... I didn't tell you to get up and follow me :| }

I think she'll be the cat that will know the day I go into labour.

Last time she was my shadow, I was on bedrest with an intestinal infection.
  • Options
    catlady1215catlady1215 member
    edited April 2018
    I'm having such an internal debate over maternity leave. And it's really dumb. It's literally about when to start it.. and it's a difference of ONE day.

Do I work the day before csection day? I have my dr apt that day... so I'll have to get up early and start at like 6am (no commute for work though) to split my work shift. Get done at 5pm. Get last min things together. And get ds to MIL's that night. 

Or start leave that day. Relax, get last min things done. Spend the afternoon with DS and not have to try to work at the same time. 

I think im debating it cause of when I go back to work. Working that day before has me going back to work on a thurs.. then ds goes back to school the following Monday. but starting leave the day earlier, has me going back to work wed so that's 3 days I have to work before he goes back to school.

see... totally ridiculous and should not be this huge debate. 
  • Options
    @catlady1215 100% start leave early
  • Options
    @catlady1215 I would take the day before off. I think going back to work a day sooner on the end won't really affect things. Those 3 (or 2) days are just going to be catching up anyway. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @catlady1215 Personally I would take the day off but how do you think you'd feel? Would you want the whole day to do stuff, or work to distract you?
  • Options
    @misskittydanger that's another thought. Do I need distractions lol. With ds, I worked Friday and induction was sat night at midnight. It was kind of nice to have the full day but it def 
    made for a long day also.

• Options
    @catlady1215 Honestly I'd have that dilemma also. Could DS keep you occupied enough that you don't think too much about it? If so, stay home. That way you don't feel rushed
  • Options
    jsl82jsl82 member
    @catlady1215 it's just one day so it's not going to make or break your time at home with LO after- so give yourself some rest and a day to spend with your DS before he becomes a big brother. 
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    Ok you guys are all really convincing me. I've just always said i want every last day i can after the baby comes, not before (unless medically necessary)... but I think ds might really like having that last afternoon with me also. And not just playing by himself while i work. It's not just about me. 
  • Options
    Is it more jinx-y to ask TB gods to pin a birth announcements thread soon? Or is it more jinx-y to not ask..?
  • Options
    Is it more jinx-y to ask TB gods to pin a birth announcements thread soon? Or is it more jinx-y to not ask..?
    Wait don’t we already have one?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DO WE?
  • Options
    Hahahaha ignore me, we do. I commented on it. I’m a moron today. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 in a different way it seems you jinxed us just by mentioning it...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @2589 ::bows head in shame::
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger Aww, that is so sweet of them!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hooray @MissKittyDanger
    It is so awesome when people are so generous!!
    Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 I hope you get many, many useful things!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    FFFC: I'm maniacally checking my registries to see if anything else has been purchased. My shower is tomorrow. 
    I do that regularly lol here's hoping you get some great things :)
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 my shower is next week and I check it like every day lol. And I'm annoyed because there are sales on at target and some other places but I don't want to buy anything until after it.... but then the sales won't be on! Gah. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    FFCF: I’m sooooooo ready for DH to go on this frat reunion trip next week.  He’s one of those men that can only focus on one thing at a time. I paid for the trip as his anniversary gift (so I get a year’s worth of best wife points- deposit was due anniversary week, balance due the day after valentine’s day & his birthday is the week after the trip so this trip counts as a gift for 3 occasions). He’s Birthday is the week after and I don’t plan on doing anything but maybe taking him out for dinner. I’m just ready for it to be all about the baby, I’m tired of hearing about this trip and tripping over luggage. I know it sounds selfish but i purposely paid for this trip so when the baby comes he’d have a FREE fun guy’s trip in his recent memory and owe me big time & can’t complain once the baby is here about not getting time with his friends The first few months. If that makes me a bad wife oh well. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    @ffw0617 .....FFFC, I think any husband/dad who complains about not getting time with his friends the first few months after his baby is born is the bad husband. Not sure in what world you'd be the bad wife for being upset about that. I'm sorry he's not 100% focused on the baby, though. DH is suuuuuper excited about the baby, but he's not focused on everything that needs to get done before the baby gets here, and I find it really frustrating and annoying. I think I'd actually stab him if he also lacked utter enthusiasm for the baby (but DH also wanted and pushed for this baby a lot more than I did, so, truly, a murder will take place if he does not help me). 
  • Options
    @ffw0617 If it makes you a bad wife, you have enough points to back you up at least ;)
    Seriously though .... I get it. Sometimes these guys get on our nerves - even if they're trying to be helpful.
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 real life example. Before I met DH i had ONE tv, it was SUPER & heavy. The kind with a back from thr early 90s. DH had FOUR tvs when we moved into our house. It was a week before our house warming and he REALLY had to have these HUGE 80 inch smart TVs. Not one but TWO of them (note combined we already had 5 TVs). We have a media room, Every furniture store we went to look for a sectional he’d wonder off to look at TVs and refused every option we saw. He finally purchased his TWO huge TVs. We had our house warming with NO sectional in the media room. Just a huge TV mounted on the wall with nowhere to sit. I made up a lie about the sectional being delivered damaged. Do you know how stupid it looks to have an 80 inch tv in a room with nowhere to sit. So yeah he has a ONE track mind. I’m sure he will be back excited about the baby but right now its all trip all the time. I asked him did he take the trash out (its trash day) he responded with “look at this passport cover I just brought on amazon”.... the trash is STILL inside at 5pm. And there will be only 8 month pregnant lady to take it out next week. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    That drive by post on the birth announcement thread.. insert eye roll... I saw the new posts and was like oh no someone had their baby already.