July 2018 Moms

Re: UO Thursday 4/12

• Options
    @zande2016 yesss! This!!! I’ve never understood the baby on board stickers. Are they just to tell ppl you have a baby or do you legitimately think others are going to drive more carefully bc of that? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @zande2016 I think it's to alert paramedics of the baby being there in case there is an accident and the adults are unconscious, especially in cases where the car is mangled or the car seat is ejected from the vehicle. I have also heard that this "theory" was just a myth but it kind of makes sense to me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I guess I can see that, though I just googled and Snopes says that's a myth (in terms of why they were created). But I can see that reasoning for parents wanting them. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 I always thought it was so if you got into an accident they would check for a baby... Which admittedly doesn’t make much sense because they’d be in a car seat, and if they’re not in a car seat they’re probably not the kind of person to even have a “baby on board” sign. Or if the accident was bad enough to damage the car seat, the sign probably wouldn’t be visible. 
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 I feel your torment. I don't understand ripped things either. But yay for $10 jeans!
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing I LIVE in my workout clothes on the weekends.  If I plan to work out or already did workout, I'll stay in those clothes all day until I'm ready to shower.  I know that sounds gross.  I also change every single day after work in to my workout clothes because I typically work out every single day after work, and then I don't change until I get a shower at night.
    Laziness.
    That being said, I do NOT record my every waking moment on social media, nor am I one of those people that takes pics of my workouts and post them on social media.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel I don't change into workout clothes when I get home because I don't really workout (my exercise currently consists of morning and lunchtime walks), BUT the second I get home from work, the first thing I do, aside from kissing my son/husband, is run into the bedroom, tear off my work clothes, and put my PJs/comfy lounge clothes on. No shame lol. 
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel The difference is you're planning to work out, or already did. My SIL is one of those people that does not work out and still does this, just makes me crazy. She blames it on not having time which I think is a stupid argument because pulling on jeans takes as much time as pulling on her gym clothes. Plus she had plenty of time to document her morning "adventures", before arriving. Now if it is obvious you're heading to or from the gym in the gym clothes, I don't care. Or if you just wanna be comfortable, that doesn't bother me either. Just own it! It's the whole pretending you didn't have time to put on actual pants when it's not as if you're running off to brunch in your underwear.

I also change into my workout clothes after work and don't bother to change back out until I shower right before bed, but I'm a sweaty girl, so no point in changing out of them until I'm ready to use soap!

@zande2016 Go ahead and get comfy when you get home! No shame in that at all!
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing I'm partly guilty of that but there is a reason for it (and no I don't document my "athleisure" on social media lol). Since I started teaching fitness classes I got lots of fancy workout clothes, mostly because of the discounts. Then I started working from home...so I decided to make use of said fancy workout clothes and that's pretty much what I wear at home. So at times (not always) I'll wear those on the weekend too. It simply doesn't make sense for me to keep up with two wardrobes since my blazers are pretty much rotting in the closet and I only use them 3-4 times a year for business trips. But I definitely still wear regular clothes, dresses and such. I'm just more casual these days.

Since DH works in gaming, his "uniform" is jeans, t-shirt and hoodie. So I also don't want to feel overdressed when we go to brunch and I'll keep it to jeans and a t-shirt, lol.
  • Options
    runsomewhererunsomewhere member
    edited April 2018
    @noideawhatshesdoing this made me lol because I think I've gone out to brunch in lululemon every weekend for the past 2 months. Yup, hair and makeup done and me thinking I'm cute. I refuse to out in non stretchy things at this point if I can get away with it but I feel too sloppy in maternity leggings.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing @runsomewhere I think it's safe to say this video never gets old... activewear, activewear!

https://youtu.be/CYRENWT8lz8
  • Options
    @kissableviv lol I love it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My UO: I have never been able to get in to Game of Thrones, This is Us, Breaking Bad, Stranger Things or the zombie show or any show that people seem to really really love. I always hear from everyone how a certain show is SO good and that once you start you're so going to binge watch it so sometimes I'll try but I just dgaf which often makes me feel like the odd one out. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kissableviv But your reason for wearing it makes sense! And you're not making up an excuse about it! Also, I have one of their "Doing Nothing In My Active Wear" tanks, its really soft.

@runsomewhere All pregnant ladies get a pass! And it's a valid reason! At this point my mindset is I can shoehorn myself into it, so leave me alone. I think it's when people know they look like crap and make up an excuse like not having time. SIL and my niece do it all the time, and both will have 15+ postings between getting up that morning and arriving at breakfast or brunch. Niece has time to do makeup and tutorials on you YouTube channel in the am, but not time to put on actual pants. I seriously would not care if they just owned up to the fact that they wanted to be comfortable!

I'm also not into Game of Thrones or any of the other shows you listed or most popular shows in general. I think the only popular one I'm able to stand at the moment is The Crown, otherwise all the shows I like apparently don't have a big enough following because they get canned after just a handful of seasons and no one else will watch with me. So I'm used to feeling like the odd one out too!
  • Options
    Never cared about GOT or the Walking Dead. I love This is Us and Stranger Things and I'm catching up on the Crown. I watched all of Breaking Bad and honestly made me so anxious I don't have a desire to ever watch it again. I don't like "drug lord/trafficking" shows at all.
  • Options
    @BrittG13 totally. It’s like a child predator’s cheat sheet. 
  • Options
    I can’t get into Walking Dead or Breaking Bad.

I don’t understand why someone would post selfies of themselves and be proud to call themselves hoochie (sp?) or boogie. Like why would you want to categorize yourself like they in a public forum? My cousins do this all the time. 
    On the topic of working out, i don’t get why people post daily pictures or videos of them going to work out. I get it and Great that you have the motivation to do it but why post about every single day?! 
  • Options
    @BrittG13 That's always been my thought too! I know it's cute, but I don't understand putting that info out there. Too scary! And I don't watch dateline!
  • Options
    zande2016zande2016 member
    edited April 2018
    Okay I have another. People in my area are really into trying to combat idling. As in, leaving your car running while you sit in a parking lot or wait to pick someone up etc. I guess I just don’t understand why they make such a huge deal over it. I’d say every week at least once there’s a Facebook post from an angry citizen complaining about how people don’t respect the “no idling” laws. Sorry not sorry but when it’s freezing cold out and I’m waiting to pick someone up from the train, my choices are idle with the heat on because it’s freezing and I have a small child in the back, or drive around the block a few times while I wait, which uses just as much gas. I agree on days when it’s really nice out it’s good to turn your car
    off, but I do not agree with/understand people who aren’t so militant about it. Sometimes I’ll start my car at the grocery store and go on my phone for a second before driving. I swear I feel like I’m being watched and judged by people for those few minutes. Like, can we focus on more pressing issues than car idling? 
  • Options
    morethanamamamorethanamama member
    edited April 2018
    Newborn photos with the props...not my thing. Same with crazy maternity photos in milk baths, or with huge henna tattoos on the belly. 

I will say a friend who was supposed to help photograph our wedding (and had to back out) offered to do some maternity photos for us. I wasn't a fan at first, but now I'm wondering if maybe this will be my one and only pregnancy so I want to document. We will probably do a few pictures just my husband and I at the park by the beach where we got engaged, just to celebrate the bump.
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I am with you on the popular TV shows! I was almost actually upset last night when DH put on the first episode of This Is Us since we just got Hulu yesterday. I refuse to watch Walking Dead, GOT, This Is Us, etc. I also hate celebrity reality shows, and...I don't like competitive cooking shows either! 

I DO enjoy actual cooking shows like the ones on the PBS Create Channel. I also LOVE Turner Classic Movies.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @zande2016 we have a law against leaving an unattended idling car but it’s weird if someone is in it. 
  • Options
    I love newborn photos with props! But I don't like it when the baby is placed in a possibly dangerous position for the sake of a photo. I'd love to do something like this though.
    Image result for girly newborn photos
    Related image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    zg49zg49 member
    I am not a fan of naked baby newborn photos. They aren't even that cute (IMO) especially the super fresh ones where you can see the umbilical cord still. Just wrap baby in a cute outfit or blanket!

• Options
    cseley321cseley321 member
    edited April 2018
    Yeah I am not a fan of maternity photos in general. With that being said, I did them last time and I will do them again this time... I am not big on pictures at all so I have 0 photos of me being pregnant with my first EXCEPT the maternity photos. So in hindsight I am really glad I got them... 

And I love newborn photos and props. I can't get over how much I loved my DDs photos.... and my early confession is that I am thinking of booking 2 newborn photo shoots since 2 of my friends do newborn pics and have strikingly different styles... I will take ALL of the newborn pics please
  • Options
    hate maternity photos...i do like newborn photos with props - not the ones with parents precariously holding naked newborns liable to poop everywhere....

UO: I hate genderizing toys - why must the exact same toy come in pink or blue? If it came in pink or blue, we were gifted it in pink for DD - and guess what I'm not re-buying barely used items in blue because this LO is a boy. The puppy vs sissy thing from FP I get, they are different characters with different voices - and this isn't about fluid gender roles or anything controversial, I just don't see why a baby gym needs to come in all pink or all blue....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 that photo is priceless! The baby has this big grin on its face as it’s popping all over it’s dad.