Baby Names

Three girls in a row

Meredith, Judith, Edith

Meredith, Judith, Beatrice

Meredith, Judith, Eleanor

Which sibling set sounds best? We were kinda liking Edith, We didn’t try to do -dith names on purpose with Judith. That just happened. But is Edith too much since it’s the last part or Meredith’s name? Our kids like Beatrice. Family members like Eleanor. 

? PgAL/PAL Welcome ? My Chart ?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Three girls in a row

• I love Edith, but not with your sibset. 

I like both Beatrice and Eleanor, I don't think you can go wrong with either.
  • I like Edith best (love Edie as a nn)  It is a little much with the other “ith” names, but if they go by nicknames, I think you can do it.

Beatrice is my second favorite, but I think all 3 are great choices. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Like Edith but it’s basically the same as Meredith

Eleanor pairs great and is a nice name

• I vote Eleanor 
  • Eleanor. Edith is nice but feels like to much ith with your other girls' names. Especially since Edith is the exact ending of Meredith.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • I'm another vote for "no more -ith" names.  It's just too much.  Either of the other names is lovely.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • eleanor 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • I would pick Eleanor. Edith and Beatrice are nms (just not very pleasing to the ear if that makes sense), and Edith is too similar to the sibling names. 
  • I agree that another -dith name is too much.  Eleanor is meh.  I think that Beatrice sounds nice with your sibset. 

• Another vote for another -dith name being too much. I like Eleanor.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Edith is too similar and sounds cutesy when put with your other children.  I have no problem with Meredith and Judith, but you are right that the third name would be side-eye-worthy.

I am always partial to Eleanor, but Beatrice is also nice. 
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • I like Beatrice the best but think Eleanor goes best. But if you’re actually neutral on Beatrice and Eleanor, why not let her sisters name her? That’s really special!
  • Beatrice sounds great and i think it's cute that it's your kids' choice
  • Edith or Gwyneth(Gwynith)?
  • I like Edith even though it is contained in Meredith. I would use it unless you plan on having a 4th....trying ot find another "ith" name you like might be tricky and with 3 "ith" names the 4th kid could feel left out. Eleanor is nice too.
  • Beatrice or Eleanore