September 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 4/2

124»

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/2

• @nlc8424 Fun wallpaper on the back wall of the shelves, restructure the shelves a bit. Organize them with cute wicker or linen baskets then use a sliding barn door for added character. Would that work?
  • I had some lovely built ins at many a rental, featuring cabinet style doors, a couple drawers, more doors below and to the side. I may or may not have photos somewhere, from ten years ago.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Our bathroom has a stack of floor to ceiling cabinets in the corner that we use for our linens and other junk that we don’t have anywhere else to put. It seems to work pretty well for us. 
  • I know there was a snoogle discussion but I don’t remember what thread it was on! I have a snoogle question! Lol so, it looks so tempting. I have a lot of trouble sleeping, and now physical discomfort is being added to the mix. But...what size beds do y’all have? I feel like if I got one there would be no room for DH in our queen sized bed. Is it as big as it looks online?
  • The snoogle is pretty big, but it was a game changer for me. I'm a stomach sleeper and it gives you the feeling that you're on your stomach even if you're on your side, and stays put way better than a couple of bed pillows. Only downside in a queen bed is you may have to wake up to flip over and reposition yourself on your other side occassionally b/c there's not a whole lot of room left in the the bed for rolling! Doesn't bother me, but it may be annoying if you're someone who has trouble falling back to sleep when you wake up during the night. I usually just switch sides every time I get up to pee, which is more and more lately!

• @ashh2018 I got one yesterday and I slept the best I have in a while last night! I will say it is very big, but I have a king bed. DH and I really like to have space in our bed where we aren’t too close. For us, it would not work in a queen size bed. I think it depends on if you and your H both need a lot of space to sleep or are okay having something/someone touching or very close.
  • My early UO is that I hated the snoogle. I could not ever find a way to get comfortable with it. Hated the big u shape pillow too. I like my regular pillows for under my head and two full length body pillows (one for each side so I don't have to move a pillow when I roll over) plus a small belly wedge pillow.
  • Has anyone found a really good maternity sports bras they've liked? I ordered a Playtex one on Amazon and hate it. It causes really bad chafing. Then I bought a Bravado yoga bra at buy buy baby. It's definitely not a sports bra, not to mention I should have bought the next size up. Any recommendations from people who run or do some type of aerobics? Thank you!!
  • @runninginva how is a maternity sports bra different from a regular one? I just use a size up from my regular size since everything is bigger now!

I never found a nursing bra that was super supportive. I used nursing "sports bras" like the Bravado yoga bro as regular nursing bras for hanging around the house, and would temporarily change into a regular sports bra for real activities while I was nursing...it was a pain in the ass, but I swear a real nursing sports bra doesn't exist. 
  • I also just buy regular sports bras. I suggest if you in the future would like to nurse while wearing a sports bra to find one with a clasp in the back. That's my plan anyways, the stretchy ones just don't support
  • Really, it's that I've outgrown most of my regular sports bras and I figure I may grow more. Sizing up may be the right solution, though. I'm not necessarily planning on nursing with a sports bra on. I just want to wear them when I exercise but I figured most maternity stuff is made to grow with you so I was hopeful that a maternity sports bra would kind of do the same...hmm.
  • Really, it's that I've outgrown most of my regular sports bras and I figure I may grow more. Sizing up may be the right solution, though. I'm not necessarily planning on nursing with a sports bra on. I just want to wear them when I exercise but I figured most maternity stuff is made to grow with you so I was hopeful that a maternity sports bra would kind of do the same...hmm.
    I’d think that if it’s strechy enough to grow with you, it’s too stretchy to be very supportive. I’d go with a regular one in a size (or 2) up. 

• @nackie, oh duh! That makes so much sense. No wonder there aren't really many maternity sports bras out there!
  • @nackie, oh duh! That makes so much sense. No wonder there aren't really many maternity sports bras out there!
    Try the Brooks Moving Comfort Juno, the straps enable you to nurse in it if you have to, and it comes in sizes that are maternity friendly-while being supportive. I did get a DD, where I am actually in a G or H in my real crap, but I went up a band size and that has adjustable band too.

I never planned on nursing in it, but sometimes little man was starving or needed to nurse to sleep right before or after my workout, so it has happened a few times. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker