Chit Chat
Options

UO 4/5

Better late than never! Lets hear those wrong opinions! 

Re: UO 4/5

• Options
    I can’t stand how some people dress their kids like little adults. Kids should be dressed in children’s clothes, not ankle booties and a sweater vest.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @meggyme preach! I like my kids looking like kids! Nieces mom bought her a "cold shoulder" shirt. She's 9 and when she wears it looks much older. Ah, nope. It has been burried in my closet, I won't even return it to her "custody".
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor personally I tend to view rompers more as a kid clothing piece. I remember having them when I was little. But it depends I suppose.
    I HATE how my MIL insists on dressing dsd like a friggin doll in mini adult clothing. She's a kid, she isnt comfortable in a button down style shirt underneath a sweater vest no matter hom "cute" she thinks it is. She's a CHILD let her were her TMNT tshirt and call it a day. MIL is obsessed with kids needing to look "perfect" (in her opinion). 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @josie12367 I get where your coming from. I have this internal battle with myself all the time. I don't want her to feel her body should be censored however, I also feel that she is not mature enough to handle a situation where her clothing choices could result in negative attention.
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited April 2018
    Just to be clear, I was thinking specifically adults dressing up their young children that can’t/don’t yet dress themselves. I agree that at a certain point it switches, but kids like this creep me out:

DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @josie12367 I understand what you're saying and you voiced it correctly I think. I tend to agree within reason. We let dsd pick out her clothing on a regular basis. It's when dsd is changing her outfit before going to see grandma because "grandma doesnt think girls should wear superhero shirts" that bothers me. 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @meggyme -  I think those outfits are super cute. 
  • Options
    **TW: Kid Talk**

@lurvleybunchococonuts

I agree with that... my oldest DD wears whatever she wants. If it doesn't match... no biggie. If it's a "boy" shirt.... don't care. As long as it's weather appropriate, it's a go in our house. 
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    Lying to the cook about the meal you are eating needs to go away. When I host, I want people to tell me how I could've made something better. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited April 2018
    @suzycupcake - that makes me cringe.  I get what you're saying but I host a ton of parties and it's a ton of work.  If some of our friends who never host started to critique me,  I would show them the door.  I can think of 3 people I would welcome their thoughts,  the rest need to bite their tongue and I don't care what they think.  

Eta - I wouldn't actually kick anyone out of my house but they would be added to the do not invite/DH is making me invite them list. 
  • Options
    jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited April 2018
    @meggyme I think that especially that little boy is so cute!  A lot of those clothes are still very comfortable. I was an au pair for a well off family. The kiddos has all D&G, Armani, Tommy, etc clothes. I did eyeroll ironing the infant’s shirts (seriously). The majority were still soft & comfy.  I love this style:

@SkilledSailor I agree!!!!!!  This is one of my (many) soap boxes!  Green&yellow are gender neutral. But so are blue & pink & purple & red. Boys and girls can like any color they want. I want the hypothetical nursery to be The Little Prince themed simply bc I’m obsessed with that book. 

Eta
    @lurvleybunchococonuts Your MIL’s idea of nice seems to be a stereotypical old lady :D suits & slacks & button downs. Let the child be comfy in TMNT if she wants!  
  • Options
    These are interesting opinions and probably very unpopular. I love this guy's blog though. 

https://markmanson.net/6-things-people-should-stop-giving-so-many-fucks-about?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    +1 to dressing kids too grown.

BUT....I also think that character ANYTHING needs to go. Clothes, bedrooms, etc. I cannot STAND it. Thank goodness ds has never asked for it, but I just can't. Maybe it's because I was picked on pretty harshly in elementary school (well, through junior year, who I am I kidding?) for those types of clothes, but I dunno...I just cannot do it.
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @oaklandava I tolerate bedding and jammies. Everything else drives me insane. Went shoe shopping for DS yesterday and he wanted Mickey. I was really releived when he decided he wanted to leave the store without buying shoes. MIL is constantly buying him stuff like that. I just put him in it on weekdays when he's at daycare and dress him how I like on weekends.