November 2018 Moms
Options

Plus Size Check-in w/o 4/1

edited April 2018 in November 2018 Moms
I know it's not the "correct day", but we haven't had one of these yet and I have some questions lol

How far along are you? 

Notice any outside changes body( or clothes)  wise?  

Comments/questions:
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Plus Size Check-in w/o 4/1

• Options

How far along are you? 
    7 weeks

Notice any outside changes body( or clothes wise)? 
    Pants are getting tighter :/

Comments/questions:
    Its been 4 years since I was pregnant with my son and my options back then for plus size maternity were SLIM - ha. Seriously though, there was only motherhood maternity and they were expensive as heck. 

Im currently on the hunt for a plus size maternity swim suit. Tankini preferred because I have a long torso. I think motherhood has 2 or 3 options :/

Please share if you have seen other options around the web!
    Anyone have any go to brands? 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    7w4d or there abouts.  Can't wait for the 13th to get my "official" dating scan
    I'm tubby non-pregnant to begin with, but definitely can't "suck it in" like I used to be able to.  Got some definite bloat going on <3 I'm all about the loose, comfy clothing these days.
    Comments/questions:
    Not at the moment.  Just trying to be mindful of what I eat (although lately all that sounds good is processed/junk type food) and hope overall I don't put on TOO much added weight with baby, but so long as we're both healthy I'll be happy.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    7 weeks 3 days (ish) - hoping to know official due date tomorrow at ultrasound. 

I just feel gross and feel sick almost all day - therefore I’ve been wearing one pair of yoga pants because they don’t sit on my tummy weirdly..... I am thinking I need to break out maternity clothes although was hoping to avoid it this early on. 

Comments/questions:
    So my doctor recommended trying to walk a mile each day because I’m so much heavier this go around. I think my first I started at 150 second 160 and this one 185.... keep in mind I’m short. Ideally she said I could lose 10lbs. Of course I’m nauseous and eating makes it stay at bay and I’ve always gained the majority of my weight first trimester.  I bought fruit and am trying to be conscious about it.  Yesterday went to Y to walk which I’ve done a few times and used restroom after and spotting- ugh.  Took it easy rest of day but definitely a mental kick in the butt
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    7 weeks 4 days!

I'm definitely a bit more bloated than normal!  I have been living in my Torrid leggings as the waist band comes up high enough that it's not uncomfortable!

Comments/questions:
    None at the moment!  Recently I've been getting a fair bit of exercise because we're trying to get our house packed up be the end of the month but I know I'm going to have to keep on top of it once we're settled in our new house.
    Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
    Married: 08/09/2013; TTC #2
    Me: 31, possible PCOS and Septate Uterus (Septum removed in November 2017)
    DH: 31, MFI (Low Count and Low Motility)
    July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    November 2017 - Uterine Septum removed
    December 2017 - IVF Consultation
    January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
    February 2018 - Fresh Transfer - Transfer 1/27 (1 day 3 embryo) - BFN
    March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018
    March 2018 - Remaining embryos lost in malfunction.

October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

June 2019 - IVF #2 - Cancelled - Cyst on Ovary
    July 2019 - IVF #2 Take 2 - Retrieval 8/1 - 5 Day 5 embryos frozen
    August 2019 - FET #1 - Cancelled - No Trilaminar Lining
    September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188; 4th beta (23dp5dt): 7
    November 2019 - FET #2 - Transfer 11/6 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFN
    December 2019 - FET #3 - Transfer 12/11 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP! - 1st beta (8dp5dt): 102; 2nd beta (15dp5dt): 2636! Due 08/28/2020

August 13, 2020 - Son born at 37 weeks an 6 days due to failed BPP (Gestational Diabetes).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9w6d

Notice any outside changes body( or clothes)  wise?  I can tell my stomach is getting bigger. I live in leggings and big tshirts at home so clothes wise i dont notice much yet.

Comments/questions: I have had SEVERE nausea and dry heaving since week 4. Because of this, I eat what I can keep down which means I've been living on crap food and I'm feeling so so awful about myself. Starting a pregnancy majorly overweight adds enough pressure (not that I'm not completely grateful) but I feel like such an awful person for eating so terribly. I know I should be fueling my body with healthy food and exercising and I just cant and its causing all of these negative feelings. I keep telling myself that I'm approaching second trimester and I'll get to feeling better and that's when I can really get to eating better and exercising but this pep talk isn't helping. Anybody else in the same boat? 
  • Options
    7w3d
    Ive been bloated something terrible and i cant wear my regular jeans anymore. And my boobs feel huge!
  • Options
    At this point my biggest concern is suffocating from my boobs... the idea of them getting BIGGER is terrifying.  FYI non-pregnant I wear a 38H bra.  Do they even make nursing bras for boobs that big?!?!?

@marfi236 oooo, LOVE Torrid.  I'll have to check out their leggings <3

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    torrid leggings are the best!

I'm on insulin which already has me gaining  :/.  I just recently bought an under the desk elliptical so at least I'm getting my steps in.  By the time my kids are in bed I am just WAY too tired to get to the gym.
  • Options
    tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited April 2018
    @middleschoolmommy definitely check out Target!!

@mempartyof3 spotting is always scary to me. Maybe take it easy until your next appointment? Then you can ask about it with relation to walking

How far along are you? 5w6d 

Notice any outside changes body( or clothes)  wise?  Just some bloating for now. Still in my regular clothes, which have pretty much been leggings since having DD

Comments/questions: Just trying to eat healthy, really. I was overweight with DD’s pregnancy too and I made sure to keep my weight gain to a minimum and only gained 15-18lbs so I’m planning on doing the same this time around. I did have GD last time and, as soon as I found out I’m pregnant this time, I started on the same diet the dietitian had given me back then. So I’m limiting my carbs. I was told to stay off my feet after some bleeding so I’m not walking anymore but I hope things get to a point where I am able to in the future!

Edit: wording
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @troystory17 I'm also on insulin already... which really sucks because it seems like the only thing I'm craving this week is carbs!
  • Options
    @troystory17 I'm also on insulin already... which really sucks because it seems like the only thing I'm craving this week is carbs!
    the past couple days I've really cut back on my carbs, and have eliminated insulin with breakfast and lowered my lunch and dinner doses I actually feel really good since, but I don't have any morning sickness so that's probably why.  I'm really hoping to keep it as low as possible.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    almost 10 weeks

I have this high pointy pregnant belly, what is this!  I mean, i guess it's bloating but gahhh i look pregnant!!

Comments/questions:
    1. Good plus size maternity clothes? my last pregnancy was opposite seasons and also much less "plus."  

2. There is no possible way I can exercise. I work full time, I have a 1 year old, I am wiped the heck out all day every day. But I flat out REFUSE to gain weight during this pregnancy. Last time I gained nothing at all the first half (thank you MS), but gained 80 the second half. 80!! Then immediately lost 65 by my 6 week checkup.  A year later and am up about 45 from pre-pregancy. Just crazy. 

3.  Whoever asked about the swimsuits Torrid has some nice ones. I've worn their two pieces with the high waist bottoms and they are so flattering. I imagine they will work on pregnant bellies.  
  • Options
    I think I actually signed up to post this, but I completely forgot about it. Sorry y'all!

How far along are you? 9w5d

Notice any outside changes body( or clothes)  wise? I am SO BLOATED. I know my OB is going to chew me out for already gaining a couple pounds, but I honestly just don't care. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comments/questions: I wasn't technically "plus size" last time around (size 12/14), so I have no idea where to get plus size maternity clothes. I'm a size 18 now and I feel like I'm busting out of my pants already! I guess I should probably go ahead and surrender to leggings.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 the bloat is crazy!!! I'm normally a 20 and my pants are so tight. I had to wear my fat jeans today (22s) and they are snugger than I like. 

I finally just decided to size up on a couple tankinis. I didn't want to wait because they sell out so fast down here! I'm hoping they hold out for the summer because I think DS and I will be at the pool often.

I had ordered 2 pairs of maternity shorts from JC Penny online because I saw them on sale for $10. They are awful! They don't fit right at all. I had to return and then just get some expensive ones from motherhood maternity :(
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    7w1d
    My breasts are so swollen that all of my shirts are tight. I've lost 7 lbs due to morning sickness so I still fit in my pants.
    Comments/questions:
    I'm not allowed to gain any weight during this pregnancy so that's kind of stressful. So I'm trying to eat mindfully which is hard with the MS and food aversions. I also had grand plans to walk every day (before BFP I was working out with a trainer 2-3 times a week) but the medicine I take for the MS makes me so tired all I do is work and sleep.

I also started looking for maternity clothes about a week ago but I can't find any cute plus sized clothes :-(. Luckily my swim suits are from lane bryant and are extra roomy in the tummy so I should be able to wear them for most of the pregnancy. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker