2nd Trimester
Options

nickname ideas...

We are naming our son after DH (Darrel Overton) and he will be the 5th generation w/this name....SO we are trying to come up with a nickname because my DH is called little Darrel (which I hate) and I don't want my son called that....can anyone think of anything that we could use as a nickname??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: nickname ideas...

• Options
    What about DJ (for Darrel Jr., even though he won't technically be jr.)?
  • Options

Idk if this helps, but my brother was really big when he came out so all his life he's been nicknamed Moose... and I was really quiet for a LONG time, I'd crawl around sneaking up on ppl so my parents to this day call me Mouse... Maybe something will just come up?

*edit* My dad's BFF also nicknamed me Ruby when I was 2... hense the name.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    A guy I used to work with was Jr, and he called his son Trey as in the third....so Quint as in five??? Hmmmm...not sure that would work.
  • Options

No real suggestions, but I was thinking that it should be something that is special to you and your DH...

Like a little story or something that you maybe call your DH that it just between the two of you. 

DH is called Ricky to his family, his sister couldn't say Richard, so she called him Richy, which everyone else thought was Ricky...and his friends call him Cookie, because when he was younger his mom always gave him chocolate chip cookies...I think a nickname has to come from something like that.

• Options

I like the DJ idea.

You could also give me a second middle name and have him go by that. . .

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Options
    Thanks for the help....my sister said DJ and I'm not too sure about that and my MIL said Quint but my DH thinks that doesn't sound good....so like a few of you have said I was thinking about just waiting to see how he acts to give him a special nickname that actually means something to us. I guess time will only tell otherwise other ppl can just call him whatever nickname they want lol. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"