July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 3/30-4/1

Re: Weekend Randoms 3/30-4/1

• Options
    Selfishly created so i can rant. Yes it’s only 715 am and i need a rant.
    So DH and i have had this agreement for a while that we would trade off sleeping in every weekend. There was more to the agreement but that’s all down the drain. But every time it’s my turn to sleep in DH always gets upset that he has to wake up. I have to tell him to get up because DS is not letting me sleep. To top it off he doesn’t let me sleep at night hogging the blankets, sleeping in the middle of the bed, sleeping on my pillow, his whale flopping turns, and endless mouth noises in my ear. I already deal with pain and insomnia and he can’t care less. He doesn’t get up for DS unless i tell him and that’s after telling him 5 times. If DS is in bed with us and kicking DH i will move him to my side but DH doesn’t do anything if I’m the uncomfortable one being beat up. Seriously debating on sleeping in the guest bedroom on my sleep in days. Can’t catch a break! Can a pregnant mommy get some sleep around here? OB suggested i try taking Benadryl a few nights a week to see if o get more deep sleep but of course DH said he’s not comfortable with that and doesn’t want me to do it. Ugh!!! This is how my mornings get ruined. 
    Ok rant over.
  • Options
    I'm sorry @wildtot that sleep and other DH stuff is problematic right now. I'd go ahead and take the Benadryl without telling MH if I were in your shoes. He's obviously not listening to the things you need and putting his (selfish) needs above yours. Sleep is sooo important!! Get it any way you can right now, whether that be through sleeping in another room some nights or meds approved by your OB.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wildtot TAKE THE BENADRYL lol. I do a few times a week, or even just Tylenol helps me. I’m really sorry you’re going through this and it is extremely selfish of him. I also say go for it and sleep in the guest room. This sounds like something my DH would try to pull too, although he doesn’t care I take Benadryl every few days. Also, every time he wakes you up at night, make sure you wake him up (Just kick him  :D ) that way his sleep is interrupted as well. Maybe he’ll get the hint. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro most of the time i do have to wake him to move or get off the covers but he’s such a deep sleeper he rarely remembers. Guess i need to make it more obvious lol. Gonna try the Benadryl tonight. Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    Just made a dangerous discovery that i have 12 valid coupons for buy buy baby and bed bath and beyond (combined) not to mention a pile of expired ones for bed bath and beyond i can still use. Looks like baby shopping will be happening soon. 
  • Options
    +1 for a husband with "whale flopping turns".  I was dying when I read that @wildtot .  Sometimes, I think my husband thinks he's pregnant, too...the tossing and turning and constant peeing in the middle of the night.  I'm like are you sure you aren't carrying a child, too?!

Got a Target coupon in the mail for 15% everything baby in your entire purchase.  And my local BRU is beginning liquidation.  Let's just say, I went very rogue buying baby clothes.  Even though I know that's what I'm going to be getting piles of at the baby shower, I couldn't resist. 
  • Options
    @julybabybear i got the same target coupon! My local BRU hasn’t had great deals yet and BBB and Target still tend to be cheaper right now. Hope you find some good deals! 
  • Options
    @wildtot same here with the husband who won't get up until I literally yell at him 5 times to get out bed because it's his turn to wake up with our son. It's seriously so frustrating. I even told him my fasting blood sugar is too high when I don't get enough sleep, but nothing seems to make him wake up in the morning except me nagging him repeatedly (at which point I'm too awake to go back to sleep). I'm about to take a nap while the kid naps and my husband goes grocery shopping and I better get at least an hour of sleep in. Also, I'd take the dam Benadryl, that's not a bad idea and I might try it myself one night soon. 
  • Options
    @wildtot I’d be so frustrated! FWIW I take a unisom every night to help with sleep, my Ob encouraged it with my first pregnancy and this one. Hoping you get some rest soon! 

April 1st is tomorrow and we’re supposed to be moving from our house into our new dream house (so excited/nervous) by the end of April. It still seems so far away but I need to get to packing like ASAP! We’ve started but there’s so much you can’t pack until you actually have a moving date! I’m ready to be in our new place and quickly make a nursery for these twins! 
  • Options
    @wildtot and @zande2016, super ugh that your husbands won’t wake up out of their own volition! I agree with taking Benadryl!

It gives me comfort to hear that some of you have been taking it. I’m still experiencing restless leg syndrome at night and it’s leaving me so fatigued that I haven’t been able to keep up with this board as much as I would like to (not to mention I feel like I’m behind in preparing for baby’s arrival in some ways, maybe because early births run in my family. 

Here’s hoping we get some decent sleep soon! Especially you mamas who already take care of little ones!
  • Options
    My house is such a disaster right now. My son's in bed (hoping he stays asleep, he's got a cold/low fever), husband is out delivering food (keeping that side gig for a couple weeks more), and I finally have a moment to sit down, and all I can do is look around at this mess. I seriously need to dedicate a few weekends to us getting the upstairs cleaned out and converted to the playroom and son's room (new baby will take over the nursery) because the toys are literally taking over every inch of the living room. Why is it sooo hard to stay on top of clutter? But I'm done for today, this mess will have to wait until tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @wildtot I so feel you! last night was supposed to be dh's night for kid duty apparently he thought he did enough and just decided to opt out.... uh no buddy grow a pair and be a parent it isn't always easy or fun but I don't ever make you help on my nights. So so tired today
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @zande2016 this is almost my random vent today. I spent the last week running around so much that I had no time to do my cleaning. So today I get up and I'm trying to clean and had all these grand plans of cooking and cleaning all day after hauling recycling to the transfer center. Shower broke downstairs (our only remaining shower) so we had to go to Home Depot and get a new shower head. Went to the dump, then it was lunch and nap time. Nap didn't happen so I had 45 min of quiet time to figure out what needed to be done around the house. Then back out to get the eggs I forgot because, oh right, tomorrow is Easter and we haven't dyed them yet. Then I had to come home and do dishes and actually clean, but I haven't gotten to half of my list and now DS is in bed so I can't do a lot of it. 

DH is doing nothing but drinking beer and watching baseball and when I exasperatedly talk about how much there is to do he's like, "well, you'll figure it out! Yay for having people over!" Not helping. I'm just gonna have to get up early and do it all.

t
  • Options
    We pretty much ended up with doing a shopping spree due to all these coupons. The cashier was super surprised lol. We saved about $230 and we were able to use some gift cards and a random unexpected refund check we got from refinancing. So overall we would have spent over 1k but it was less than 400 of our own money. AND we finally found a store with the stroller we wanted, tested it and ended up buying it. Over a good day for this baby but DS only got a 30 min nap so we’ll see how bedtime goes. 
  • Options
    @wildtot sorry for the poor sleep. I didn't think of taking Benadryl as a sleep aid but if it works, go for it. I think sleeping in the guest room isn't a bad idea either when you need your own space. My husband has a lot of trouble staying asleep at night and flops around a lot as he tries to stay comfortable. Since we got a memory foam mattress though, I never feel him turning over. Maybe that's a consideration for your next bed purchase?

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 Benadryl is a sedative for me even with just one pill. We are talking about a new bed and going for a king this time. It’s gonna have to happen this year for sure!
  • Options
    @wildtot What stroller did you get? Is it a double? I've been on the lookout for a double and found one I love but always looking for first-hand recommendations.
  • Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert we got the Joovy Qool. It’s been hard to find to test it out but yes we love it (we started using it after purchased). It come with a regular stroller seat and you can add extenders and car seat adapter to make it a double. We got the Chicco adapter for our existing car seat (they have others too). It eventually have a toddler seat/stand in the back. It has plenty of storage space. Easy to move around too. The seat reclines all the way flat which it great. There is no brand restriction for coupons so we got to use the 20% from Buy Buy Baby. 
  • Options
    @smashjam I hope you manage to get it all done, and that your husband helps! Luckily for me we are not hosting today, just picking up a cake on our way to my parents, but I can't start the work week with our house looking like this. It just gets worse and worse all week. 

Happy Easter! I can't believe I put my son to bed at 6:30 last night and it's now 7:30 and he's still sleeping. I've barely heard a peep out of him too. Hopefully he's just sleeping off this cold. It's so nice to have some peace and quiet to myself with my coffee for once. Of course I couldn't sleep in past 7. Dreading all of the candy and sweets today since I am committed to sticking to the GD diet, but happy I'm not doing any hosting. And just saw there is 2-4 inches of snow expected for the morning commute tomorrow and already contemplating calling in sick. 
  • Options
    Plus 1 for Benadryl! I have not needed it this pregnancy but I took it nightly with my first...regarding sleep, I tend to struggle so as nice as it is in theory for us to switch off sleeping in on weekends my body won’t let me. It’s so stupid. I’ll lie in bed awake for 2 hours before getting tired again so it’s easier for me to just get up with DS and let my husband sleep in and then I’ll have a nap sometime in the afternoon which is glorious because me and my monster pregnancy pillow get the bed all to ourselves!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @wildtot did they let you combine all those coupons? And how did you manage to get so many? I usually just get one at a time, and by the time the next comes out, the old one expired. Teach me your ways. I'm so bummed the BBB coupon excludes Uppababy, i need to get that stroller and hoping to do it soon while the old 2017 models are still available/discounted. I've been trying to sell my Cruz online to put towards the Vista but no luck. Apparently people around here don't like buying used strollers :confused:
  • Options
    @zande2016 I calmed down a bit and am on my way to getting things done! Husband is tending DS, so that works. 

In a twist, unless DH is April Fools-ing me, the people with the truck in our garage (yep, still there) are coming to get the truck today and fix it before they leave. We told them it was Easter (they are Jewish, so I guess not on their radar?) so instead of coming during lunch with their 4 kids, they are coming NOW. While I am cleaning and cooking. With their 4 kids. It is 40 degrees out so no way they are all gonna stay out there. This might actually be a worse time for them to come!  I love them and their many kids but seriously...think about the other people! To make matters worse-they could have come yesterday but "didn't feel like it." Yesterday was sunny and warm.  

Oh well! At least my taters turned out ok!
  • Options
    @smashjam wtf? It sounds like these people have no social etiquette/are really clueless. 
  • Options
    Late to the party but I'm sorry for those struggling with sleep and uncooperative DHs! I hope everyone has a nice Sunday. 

I've spent the weekend in Fort Worth with my DH's friends eating less than ideal food and not getting enough sleep so I can't wait to be back in San Antonio this afternoon and hopefully go to bed at like 8, haha. It was fun though.

@zande2016 I'm stalking my Amazon registry like a hawk, the uppababy we like it's $760 and we are eligible for the completion discount (15%) on May 8th. Hoping it's still in stock by then as it would mean buying it for less than $700.
  • Options
    @SmashJam wtf? What happened last time? I hope they get it out of there today so you don’t have to deal with this another day. Worst time each time!

@BrittG13 my body usually doesn’t let me sleep past 7/730 so i usually lay here with some me time. I can’t do naps during the day because then it’s harder for me to sleep st night. 

@zande2016 you have to sign up for text, email, and mail! I think i still get the random mailed ones address to “resident”. You can do this for both Buy Buy Baby AND Bed Bath & Beyond. In stores you can use each other’s coupons but your restricted online to only their own valid ones. Bed Bath & Beyond lets you use expired ones in store. Sometimes Bed Bath & Beyond will have the same item online even it it’s not in stores so always check both if they you have a mix of coupons. They can also cross over online coupons in store for you if you have them order online for you. 

Well DS wakes everyday around 5/530 and walks to our room to cuddle till about 6/630. I’ve been having DH pick him up and putting him in our bed because it’s harder for me to move around in bed these days. But all of a sudden he’s like “can’t you pick him up for once”. Ugh seriously we talked about this! It’s the least he can do since i am usually the one getting up at night with DS. 
    I took the Benadryl and i slept deeper and was easier to fall back to sleep when i woke. It’s 8am and I am marinating in bed as we speak with DH watching DS in the living room.
    happy Easter!
  • Options
    Guyyyyssss, something in my kitchen smells and I can't find it. I keep a pretty clean house, so whatever it is has been stashed into some sort of hiding spot (thanks, toddler).

One time I found an old milk sippy cup in the arm rest of the recliner. I have been great at tracking milk cups since then, so I have NO IDEA what this smell is.... how fun :neutral:
  • Options
    @wildtot yay for sleep! Happy Easter indeed! And they have made it out of the garage with the truck. They got it running, moved it out of the garage, and then spent 30 more minutes removing the cover bc "it looks like shit." Then dh had to go out and help them remove it so he had to change clothes.

@cseley321I hope you find the smell!

• Options
    @SmashJam yay no more truck!!
  • Options
    @kissableviv I noticed one of the colors in only 670 on Amazon, but the one we have on our registry is closer to 790 I think. I'm not so picky about the color (although we already have the car seat in grey from baby 1), but I am nervous they won't have anymore left when we become eligible for the completion discount. I think ours is around early May too - I lied about my due date to make it earlier. We'll also have to buy a rumble seat and they seem to be running low on those in the older model. I'll continue to stalk Amazon for now I guess. 
  • Options
    The kids' closet is painted! DH and DD1 worked together this morning and got it done while I organized the kids' craft room. Once the paint dries in the closet we can move the dresser inside, move their beds, and then we'll be done in there.

Anyone a veggie gardener in the northeast? We want to do a super small first attempt this year and so far I'm thinking of doing strawberries, bell peppers, and sugar snap peas. Our plot will be in full sun most of the day (western facing). We want crops that are easy to care for since, you know, third baby coming and everything. Any ideas for one or two more easy summer/fall fruits or veggies? Is my summer long enough for melons?

• Options
    Ugh every belly support i put on makes me look like i have a muffin top. 
  • Options
    @wildtot we had no nap as well. Hope your DS went down easy for bedtime! Our idiot selves planned Easter for 1pm so it was kind of our fault. But it was a good choice because everyone is finally gone and its somewhat early, so I finally get to sit here and veg. We don't have an "Easter Family Horror Story" thread so mine is going here.

My dad was TWO HOURS LATE. He was packing up because he is moving back to Indiana. I actually left with my SIL to go make sure he hadn't been pulled over or in a wreck when we passed him, so we turned and came back. He says he thought dinner was at two but I think he was drinking and packing and lost track of time and didn't bother to say anything. Pretty sure he was drunk when he got here. Pretty sure he was drunk when he left to drive SIX HOURS. I almost called him out and took his wine glass away but couldn't bring myself to do it. He was kind of a hot mess while he was here, taking a flash light away from DS and shining it in his eyes after we had told DS to stop doing that. He gave him candy and then we told him enough and he was like, "Oh you aren't allowed to have candy even though its Easter." He followed me into another room and cut me off during DS's time out for hitting me to yell at DS for being a mess and then walked out. Then he told me he was "an experienced drinking driver" so I should stop worrying about his ability to drive...even my BIL made the comment that he shouldn't be driving. 

All in all, Easter was good though! Food came out good, it was a lot of fun, and considering one of my pregnancy symptoms is anxiety around lots of people, particularly drunk ones, I had a lot of fun and really held it together. Here's hoping for a sleep in from DS tomorrow!

@flockofmoosen3 I am a northeast gardener, and even with a plant outside date of June 1 I get in peppers, onions, peas, beans, brussels sprouts, broccoli, tomatoes, and this year corn. Broccoli and Brussels sprouts are great they tolerate frost pretty well, especially brussels sprouts. I would recommend purchasing your strawberries as starts if you want fruit this year, but everything else you can start indoors! I just started my onions, broccoli, and peppers this weekend. The Vegetable Gardener's Bible is a great resource and I think it was written by a Vermonter, but could be wrong.
  • Options
    @wildtot, I’m a grown woman and I still find the life size Easter bunnies creepy as anything!
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 I’m in central pa, so I’m not the most north nor the most east but pretty close lol. We have done melons before and they had plenty of time. We usually don’t get plants out before Memorial Day weekend (mostly because that’s when the weather is most likely to not be cold anymore). 

We we usually do tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers in lots of varieties, cabbage, green beans, sometimes melons. We did Brussel sprouts last year but didn’t read up on them enough and didn’t know when to harvest so we just didn’t lol. .. oh we also usually do pumpkins too! For Halloween! 

Tomatoes and and cucumbers are definitely our easiest crop. Especially cucumbers. If you want small don’t go overboard with plants. One cucumber plant is sufficient lol. We haven’t learned that yet so we have cucumbers out our ears every year. 

You up could do zucchini over cucumbers probably if you like those better than cucumbers. But we’re not big squash eaters so idk how they grow. 

I also agree with @SmashJam if you want to do strawberries get a starter plant. Like 3ish years old I think. It takes several growing cycles for berries to start producing. 
  • Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited April 2018
    @wildtot was that at Cabelas? We got our picture done there too! He wouldn’t even go near the bunny the first try, so we walked the store and I bribed him with candy to take a picture. They got a decent one on the second attempt.......Hahah

Edit because the bump at my post. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro yeah it was a bass pro. We waited in line for like 30 mins because the bunny left on a break i think. It was also lunch time so it wasn’t his happiest moment lol 
  • Options
    @wildtot I know how that goes. This was dinner time. Lol. Luckily we didn’t have to wait, no way he would have. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses and ideas @hillbillywife and @smashjam! Brussel sprouts sound like a great idea to me--I really like them. Maybe I'll add broccoli to the garden too since the kids will eat them. I was going to avoid tomatoes this summer since I can't tolerate them now and I won't be able to enjoy them again for a while. 
    Thanks for the tip about strawberries, too.
    I suggested pumpkins to my husband but he thinks they'll take up too much space and he'd rather have veggies we are likely to eat, which doesn't include pumpkins. 
    Maybe I'll also try a melon of some kind just to see how it goes. Thanks again guys!