June 2018 Moms

Symptoms [April]

Re: Symptoms [April]

• High BP started yesterday afternoon before went to MIL's for Easter dinner. I continued to monitor and finally called the on call nurse around 7 last night after several consecutive high readings over a few hours. They wanted to see me this morning so I went in, BP still high and I have a bit of a  headache today. They took labs and said they'd call me with next steps based on how those look. My OB is on vacation this week but the doctor I saw said although my BP is "high", it's only considered in the "mild" high range so they're not as concerned as they would be if it were running 160/110. But she also said if I was 37 weeks today, she'd probably be sending me to the hospital to be induced.

Feeling a little frustrated because there weren't really any clear answers on how to handle it and to me it seems like if you would have sent me to have a baby today if I was further along then that's severe enough to try to get me some clearer answers. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @aharv77 Wish I had some advice to give. Just wanted to let you know that I know that doctor frustration all too well. I swear they're taught to be as ambiguous as possible. So tedious. It's just so anxiety-inducing and NOT what you need when your BP is already high. I wonder if you could get a second opinion somewhere? That's probably what I would try to do with that comment about being induced.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @aharv77 thinking of you. Hopefully the labs will come back fine and the high BP is something that can be managed. I believe @LaceyBee522 was thinking part of her BP issues this past weekend could have been due to not being quite hydrated enough, so FX something like that could be your case too!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @aharv77 hang in there girl! Fx your BP comes under control and labs are all normal. 
  • @aharv77 FX crossed that everything gets back to normal quickly and that your labs are fine.
  • @aharv77 Ugh, I'm sorry you're dealing with high BP! FX it comes back down, but glad that you're monitoring it closely. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @aharv77 hope you feel better and BP comes down soon! And FX that the labs come back ok!
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • I’m uncomfortable all the time as well. Car rides are really hard (another reason I’m not going anywhere anymore) getting to sleep basically pointless. Took me 2.5 hours to fall asleep last night. I might as well wait until i pass out somewhere instead of going to bed. Im convinced if men got pregnant theres no way you’d be required to work the last 2 months of pregnancy. My swelling is ridiculous. I’m literally at my temp job in socks, shoes are done. Once i find some black house slippers (probably mens sizes) thats all I’m wearing. 

Mentally: Im sitting here at this temp job upset with myself, bc if I didn’t get into do much debt oct 2016-feb 2017 I wouldn’t have to work right now. I could be somewhere relaxing with my niece with my feet up. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • @kmurdock925I'm also starting snore a bunch. 
  • @aharv77 FX that the labs come back quickly and your BP goes down soon!
  • @aharv77 So many FX for you!  Hopefully it is just a fluke and things will settle down.  Did you have to do the 24 hour catch already? (sorry, I can't remember if you did yet)
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • silvergreen            - yeah I'm pretty positive it is a bit of sleep apnea.  My BP is consistently low so that isn't an issue but even during the day I can feel additional sinus pressure (yes, some of it is the weather) but there is for sure more to it.
  • My blood sugar tanked about 20 minutes ago and I'm still shaky and miserable. I ate some candy which helped, then finished my lunch  (It dropped right during lunch, wth). I'm going in tomorrow for my 3 hour glucose test and I hope my blood sugar does this again there so they can maybe see what's going on. 
    It's not regular or predictable- it's completely random so I can't figure out how to stop it. It will happen a few times and then not happen again for a month or two. What the heck lol
  • @aharv77 I hope all the labs come back positive. Maybe you should pack your bag soon just in case? I know it is frustrating not to have answers but it is good they aren’t jumping to conclusions and are watching closely. 
  • I’ve had every symptom mentioned lol.

The pelvic pain is getting worse and I’m out of breathe just doing to smallest things. Also the baby is pushing up more, so more digestive issues. 
  • izza2izza2 member
    edited April 2018
    @may14th2011 - I have the same issue with blood sugars and go for my glucose test tomorrow. I keep a bottle of sugar tabs in my purse so I can take a few if I start to notice any symptoms. Do you eat at regular intervals? I started really paying attention to my eating habits after the first couple of episodes and have been able to stave it off if I eat something every 2-3 hours. Guaranteed that if I go any longer without eating and didn't have something with long-lasting carbs, I end up needing a couple tabs until I can eat something substantial.
    FX for your test today!

I already had sleep apnea, but can attest to the fact that if you're starting to snore or are snoring worse than previously, and wake up feeling tired still -- chances are you've developed apnea. It's no fun, but thankfully for you guys it's temporary. :smile:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @aharv77 FX your BP is just hanging out a little high and its nothing much more. Good that they are watching you close. Its definitely frustrating when stuff is up in the air. I'm not a wait and see kind of girl so I feel like that would contribute to my BP being high too. I'm super nervous for my appointment tomorrow because of how my last appointment went, which I'm sure will cause my BP likely to be high. I just keep telling myself the people over at LD were so nice and your BP has historically always came down once you're done being nervous so stop stressing. I dont know about you, but I feel like a kid failing a test in school when my numbers come back crappy. So. Solidarity girl with ya on the BP issues are annoying camp. Positive, calm vibes your way for it to be nothing. 
  • @aharv77 fx everything turns out ok!!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • I literally cried last night over hemorrhoid pain. I couldn't move good and it kept waking me up all night. I was doing so good for years, then pregnancy happens. last night was the worst its been yet. and it just reminded me how bad it was after DS. now I'm scared and just want mid june to hurry up so this and that part of recovery can be over.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @aharv77 Good BP vibes coming your way, lady. Hope it's nothing to worry about.
    @catlady1215 Ugh, so sorry about the hemorrhoids. I've definitely been tearing up while pooping these days. I hope it doesn't get any worse for you! 

I was snuggling my son in his rocking chair early this morning (he has a stuffed up nose and has a hard time soothing himself back to sleep when he can't suck his thumb), and I definitely had the lightest letdown from my right breast. I was like, WTF is all wet?! And then I realized. This is the first time I've actively leaked this pregnancy, and I'm hoping it doesn't become a regular thing.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • I'm glad they plan on monitoring you closely @aharv77.  I'm surprised they still haven't suggested a 24 hour urine catch.  My OB told me if pre-e hits again that unless things get really bad they won't induce until 37 weeks (I was previously induced at 38 weeks and again at 37 weeks, 3 days).  If I were you I'd be prepared for a possible induction.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • I'm with you on the goals!  In my mind this LO is coming May 19 when I'm 37 weeks instead of June 9.  Fingers crossed that I'm wrong, but I'm planning on mid-May.  I haven't been monitoring my BP at home yet (got the cuff yesterday since I just turned 30 weeks) and I've only had one higher reading at the doctor's.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • @aharv77 sorry to hear about your headache/BP/Hospital visit.  Sounds like you've had a rough couple days, hopefully some rest can help alleviate the headache and stabilize your BP.

@catlady1215 when I had a problem with hemorrhoids along with a fissure (sorry TMI and quite embarrassing) my OB recommended using the original, plain Jane A&D ointment. It seriously saved my life (along with miralax) and what was about 6 weeks of being afraid to go to the bathroom was resolved in a day or two! May be worth asking about?
  • +1 to basically everything that’s been mentioned. Especially getting winded! Every time I go upstairs in our house I get winded; luckily MH is smart enough not to mention that he wanted to buy a ranch style house! 

@aharv77 hope everything continues to go well with your BP! I’m sending you and @mytinc good vibes to make it to your goals for these babies! 
  • @aharv77 is there anything you can do to prevent pre-e? I hope that your BP stays low and you get rid of your headache!
  • @marcus7676 I asked what I could do to prevent this from getting to pre-e and all of the nurses and doctors I spoke with yesterday said if it's going to turn into pre-e, it will and there's nothing you can do to really stop it from going there which is unfortunate. Just one of those pregnancy quirks. They did give me some tips for trying to keep my BP in check like keeping my feet up, not doing a lot of errand running/grocery shopping or activities where I'm up and around for long amounts of time, keeping calm and happy thoughts, etc.
  • That was my exact reaction yesterday :lol: Thank you! 
  • @mytinc @aharv kind of feeling the same vibe myself with the BP issues. I pulled out my calendar yesterday and found my 37 week mark and it's May 31st. Texted it over to DH and started logging my bp's again last night much like I did last time. I did the 24 hr catch last pg at 36 weeks, was dx'd with pre-e and DS was successfully induced at 37 weeks. I've just been mentally preparing myself for a repeat performance. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have this new thing going on the past couple of days, almost forgot about it until it just now happened again. It’s a sharp, stabbing pain in either side of my upper groin if that makes sense. Like right where my belly starts to curve back down, only happens occasionally and only on one side at a time but it stops me in my tracks from the pain. It almost feels like DD has found a tendon or a nerve and she’s yanking on it! Any ideas?? 
  • LaceyBee522LaceyBee522 member
    edited April 2018
    @aharv77 That is some "keep calm and carry on" style advice on preventing high BP. Lol! FX it stays low and you don't have to worry about pre-e. I'll join you on the bandwagon to keep these babies in until 37 weeks!

Edited because number of weeks is important. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kellicoptor062018 sounds like round ligament pain!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @aharv77 it’s crazy how all of a sudden we go from wanting to hit 40 weeks to making it to 37. FX the blood pressure stays in check and you are able to “keep calm” hahaha

I wonder if a pre-e thread would be of interest at this point? I’ve been in the high BP club too this pregnancy. Fortunately, the third time they take it in office it has come down. Or they do the manual cuff instead. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sunshineandwhiskey a thread for hypertension/pre-e might be a good idea. There definitely seem to be a few of us. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited April 2018
    @2589 Thanks. I thought I had experienced RLP in the second trimester with some tightening/cramping in my sides but I guess I was wrong! This is awful! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"