June 2018 Moms

Symptoms [April]

What's happening to your body this month?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Symptoms [April]

• izza2izza2 member
    My warnings don't expire until May 2nd. Womp womp.

Sorry you can't go to the Easter lunch @doxiemoxie212! It seems like maybe a blessing in disguise? Your pup may not get that excitement, but at least you don't have to smell lamb the whole time and pretend to be able to eat comfortably!

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Loading the player...
  •  @doxiemoxie212 I agree with @izza2 that it is a blessing in disguise.  I like lamb (I did anyway before pregnancy) but can't stand the smell now.  Lamb is not for the faint of heart smell wise.  I think lightheadeness is common - - I've been getting dizzy spells for a few weeks.  It's disconcerting but google doesn't seem to think its unusual.

• @Amphibious22 lol like someone reported me
  • lisa2589lisa2589 member
    edited April 2018
    @doxiemoxie212 @izza2 how long do those warnings last? I don’t even remember a recent situation where that would have happened

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @doxiemoxie212 and @izza2 are these warnings like Facebook jail?  Did I miss something that caused a warning?  I know I fell off the March symptoms thread, but besides s few crazy drive byes in March I can't think of anything worth a warning.  Also how are you getting warnings when we have posts we have been begging to be stickied for what feels like months!?! 

Hope the dizziness gets better with some extra hydration.  

I got a pedicure yesterday for my poor swollen ankles and the pedicurist didn't rub hard enough so I was still painfully swollen when I left.  Luckily DH was able to get some of the swelling down last night.  I don't know how my poor body is going to handle another 2-3 months of this. 
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @starla487 @doxiemoxie212 @krashke @NamelessAria having a lazy afternoon with DH snoozing in bed while DS naps. A minute ago I rolled over and there was so much grunting and hard breathing he woke up to ask if I was okay.  :#
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • izza2izza2 member
    I'm pretty sure my warnings were from my TTGP days? I don't remember.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• I don't even like going to bed anymore. We have a bad habit of falling asleep on the couch anymore then moving upstairs at like 2. I'm in a more upright position and get such a better sleep there. In bed, it's just not as comfy and rolling over or changing positions is such a process. 
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • I second dreading bed. Either I have heartburn that prevents me from laying down, round ligament pain from moving or having to pee as soon as I get comfortable...pretty sure they make the last 10 weeks of pregnancy the worst so that you actually look forward to labor
  • @momac1919 @catlady1215 meanwhile I am really only comfortable fully reclined in bed. Even sitting on the chaise part of our couch is soooo painful on my ribs. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 I am so jealous. Sitting causes a lot of pain between my shoulder blades bc my posture sucks with this growing belly and I'm pretty sure I lose my breath driving to work every morning literally just sitting there. I think the only time I'm comfortable is when I'm up chasing DD because I don't have time to think about it...but that little booger is getting smart and realizing that it takes me a little longer to get up and chase her these days so she usually waits until I've just sat down to take something she shouldn't have and then run
  • I can no longer stand in one spot for more than 5 minutes. I will pass out and hit the floor. Hasn't happened yet, but happened with DD (right in the middle of the line at Ghengis Grill, embarrassing!). I know the signs now, so I can tell when it's about to happen. No more taco bell for me- ours has no drive thru and always has long lines.
    +1 to basically all other symptoms mentioned, except maybe varicose veins. 

• +1 to just overall discomfort pretty much all the time. I am on team couch is more comfortable than bed these days, but that's mostly because my dogs make it difficult for me to get into the right position in bed. 

I also have been struggling with some rough heartburn. Got it pretty bad right now and I took some Tums and drank some milk but no relief. Just waiting it out I guess. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• +1 on being uncomfortable, although I seemed to have figured out sleeping a little bit for the time being.

Pain: check
    Heartburn: check 
    Winded: check
    Restless legs at night: check 
  • Anyone else waking up with arms a bit out of their sockets from sleeping on your side? Whichever arm is the bottom arm when I wake up is all sorts of fucked these days... 
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @doxiemoxie212 YES!  I hate having to sleep on my side for that exact reason.  It's not so bad today (thankfully) but over the past few month I would say at least once a week I have really bad shoulder pain from sleeping on my side.  Cannot wait to be able to sleep on my stomach again.

On another note, I woke up with really bad heartburn last night and DH was up (maybe still up/ maybe I woke him up when I rolled out to a sitting position).  I must have been making all kinds of painful noises because he asked if I was okay and without thinking I said no- because of the heartburn and effort it took to sit up.  The poor guy has a little freakout session every time he asks since he hears no and thinks something is wrong with the baby/me and it's just pregnancy symptoms.  

me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @doxiemoxie212 I think because my boobs are so damn big that they compress my bottom arm and it falls alseep....haha
  • I have a crazy rash on one of my legs.  It's been there a week or and a half and it's driving me nuts.  Google was saying it could be PUPP - but it's not on my stomach and it said it starts on your stomach before going to legs and other limbs.  I know there are a few others with rash issues on here, so I thought I'd throw it out there.  It's not anything that I feel can't wait a week until my next appointment (April 9), I'm just going batty with the itching.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • @bearmoons my huge boobs pull my ribs out of place. I am trying all different types of things to prop the top boob up so it doesn't do that anymore when I'm on my side, but I am failing. Why do bras only contain boobs up/down instead of side/side???
  • @doxiemoxie212 because bras are stupid. I am wearing a super loose, saggy bra because anything that compresses my ribs (if the band is too tight) makes my ribs super angry. IDGAF if I look like I'm not wearing a bra at work, I just need some little bit of relief. 
  • @bearmoons I just can't find a solution because if the bra isn't supportive, my shoulders and upper back hurt, but if it is supportive, my rib cage wants to die. Soooooooo :expressionless:
  • @doxiemoxie212 I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm hopeful that postpartum at least the ribs will feel better so a supportive bra will be fine. 
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @bearmoons and @doxiemoxie212 as I remember it, once baby is outside of the body your ribs aren't are tender, as your body starts to return to it's pre- pregnancy structure.  As for postpartum bra support, in the beginning with DD I wore a nursing bra and a nursing cami pretty much at all times.  I liked having the double support and having the nursing cami provided some tummy coverage as you are constantly feeding and still looking pretty pregnant. I also hate underwire nursing bras, so that could be why I needed extra support. 

me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Is it weird that I'm worried that I'm not uncomfortable enough? My main issues are during sleep with the brutal hip and back pain when rolling over. During the day I feel pretty good, with the occasional wave of heartburn, breathlessness and racing heart. I think I was more uncomfortable with swollen vag and tingly ute pressure in first and early second tri, oftentimes feeling like something was going to fall out. I have yet to feel anything in my ribs??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 lmao, I keep telling myself that! My obnoxious brain keeps wondering things like whether growth is on track. I wish they did one more ultrasound to peek and make sure for peace of mind. But I do suspect that I carry low based on the other tri symptoms, which probably accounts for the lack of rib action. Not to mention that I do have a large ribcage to begin with, so maybe I just have a little more room to accommodate. Tight bras are definitely a killer lately and make me breathless and queasy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @silvergreen I mean, I think it's my uterus more than baby necessarily that is fucking with my ribs, and your doctor measures that really regularly at your OB appts. I have a very very narrow rib cage that is also very long (intercostal space between ribs is larger than average) so baby has very little room to go. I think if your rib cage is wider than average, it probably won't be a problem for a while. 
  • @kmurdock925 I did read that pregnancy can cause sleep apnea. I haven't started snoring personally, but I have felt short of breath the past couple of nights when falling asleep. :/ According to an article on TB:

Pregnancy hormones can congest the mucous membranes of the upper airway; that congestion can increase the likelihood of sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is more common in pregnant women with high blood pressure and/or gestational diabetes, but high blood pressure and gestational diabetes don't seem to cause sleep apnea.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"