October 2018 Moms

FFFC 3/30

2»

Re: FFFC 3/30

• @SawyerRichardson I plan on staying on the app the whole way out! I have a Facebook but am limiting how often I'm on so I definitely would be less active on there compared to here
  • Bad things happened when my last BMB made the switch to FB. I'm hoping this board stays active enough that I won't need to switch.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Loading the player...
  • HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited March 2018
    Fffc is that I got sushi when Dh was out for the day. All cooked fish, and from a reputable place. But still, Dh is joking with me that I give way less of a shit this pregnancy compared to my first and I didn’t want to give him more ammunition. I also got an extra order of just sticky rice and housed the whole thing. I’ve been too sick to eat and it was nice to actually enjoy food. Oh also I ate a corn dog a few weeks ago. I cooked it at home so no listeria risk, just the nitrates issue.
  • The app is garbage. I don’t even use it. I’ve found I have better luck just using the web version in my phones browser. I definitely perfer the organization of FB. But don’t like the idea of making that switch until it’s a more core group of regulars. So suffer I will. 
  • @krzyriver I get it with the baby on board sticker. After 3 years of IF, that’s exactly why I found them so annoying. 

@purplegoldfish2  if all else fails, get DH to make them for you! https://www.google.com/amp/www.geniuskitchen.com/amp/recipe/good-eats-deep-fried-pickles-alton-brown-2007-269323

• @HoosOnFirst I had sushi for lunch today with DH (lunch date!) and I had sushi alone for lunch on Tuesday.
    So good.
  • Bad things happened when my last BMB made the switch to FB. I'm hoping this board stays active enough that I won't need to switch.
    What kind of bad things? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @mytrueloves yeah do tell!! What kind of bad things
  • So lol on the topic of BMBs switching to FB. I was in N15 and about 150 of us switched to FB post delivery. Things were great for about a year and then the measles out break somewhere in the US happened. It’s started a huge vaccine debate, which somehow turned into some moms bashing some other moms for not having serious conversations and only posting “unicorn and rainbow” posts. So those moms, got mad and made another FB group called “N15 Unicorns and Rainbows”. A bunch of women left the original group. I stayed in both. The irony is that all the women who actually posted regularly joined Unicorns and Rainbows and the original FB group is completely dead now. The unicorns and rainbows group is still going strong. 
  • tinattt23 said:
    The app is garbage. I don’t even use it. I’ve found I have better luck just using the web version in my phones browser. I definitely perfer the organization of FB. But don’t like the idea of making that switch until it’s a more core group of regulars. So suffer I will. 
    Same. Plus my last bmb fb I joined was separate from the actual bmb facebook, it was a more condensed group of regulars some were apart of both. I was active there then it exploded with drama and it’s over now. I am sure others broke off and made other groups. The original bmb fb I wasn’t active enough in and left because it was awkward and the ladies were creeped out by my lack of posts. I am hoping it goes better this time but I want to wait to know others better too. I just like the app better due to functionality not that I want to snoop in everyone’s personal lives. I swear I am not a creep. :wink:
  • Kind of similar to @cdepperschmidt The FB group got real cliquey real fast. When I say there was a group of "mean girls" I mean it. Eventually, things blew up when a long time and active member was accused of being a troll by someone in the "mean girls" clique. The group split, a second group was made and many people migrated. The original group just got worse and worse and ended up dying out. Second group is low-key and quiet but still active. 
    There were other things too, like casual racism and blatant disdain for family situations that weren't strictly traditional. It was just a big mess. 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @cdepperschmidt I knew I recognized you! I was on N15 too! I never transferred to FB though so I missed out on the fun ha ha 
  • I don't mind the app, most days. I like the organization of the threads here. However, sometimes it would be nice to keep convos together and be able to "reply" to a comment. Especially when you've missed a bunch and want to comment on something 20 posts ago.

On a different note... I screwed tonight and I'm do sad. DH's parents and my parents came to our motorcycle club for our Good Friday Fish Fry. We had thought about sharing the sex tonight, but since one of my sisters and DH's sister couldn't come, we are waiting till tomorrow. 

Well, my MIL was asking questions about where the baby seems to be at ( lower or higher in my uterus) as we were walking them out. I told her "it" was sitting lower based on how low the Dr had to go to find the HB. I then slipped and said "but HE will start to move up soon, now that I'm 12 weeks." Of course she and my FIL caught it, DH just started laughing. Thankfully my parents were gone.

It's not like it's a big deal, but I'm sad I ruined the surprise. We have a fun way to tell them all planned and I wanted to have them all together. DH just laughed and said it's ok, but my preggo hormones are so disappointed.
  • I’m not down for a fb group. I have one but never post and rarely get on since the LuLaRoe epidemic. I’m down if ya want to stalk some random kid pics on my Instagram though.  ;)
  • Oh wow, the D16 Facebook group has stayed pretty much intact, very active, and drama-free from the start. It’s been awesome. 
  • @sammierose464 Don’t be too hard on yourself! The surprise this weekend will still be fun! I’m sure your in-laws will still have fun with it even if it wasn’t the way you had exactly planned.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • ashin121ashin121 member
    edited March 2018
    @mesamyt @SawyerRichardson I feel the same. I never transfer to fb.i actually closed mine down because someone stole my profile photos that they could access (my account was private) and  created a fake account pretending to be me with a name that's really close to mine but not exact. My friend got a friend request and contacted me. It was really creepy. They posted alot of my sons photos. Instagram I do but I don't hashtag because even if your account is private, people can see that photo if you hashtag. 
  • My June 15 group didn’t have too much drama, but those of us that were more active and wanted to share more info safely did create a separate bump group. So still within the crappy app but allowed for more sharing without the need for Facebook. We only did that after about a year. Some people did select our after the election. Our kids are almost three and there are still about a dozen of us going strong who I consider real friends. It can be done!
  • My June 15 group didn’t have too much drama, but those of us that were more active and wanted to share more info safely did create a separate bump group. So still within the crappy app but allowed for more sharing without the need for Facebook. We only did that after about a year. Some people did select our after the election. Our kids are almost three and there are still about a dozen of us going strong who I consider real friends. It can be done!
    My D14 group did this too, but it's still not as convenient as FB.
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Wow there was some major drama in Fb world! I’m not anti fb group but was honestly planning on getting rid of mine bc there’s nothing relevant on it anymore. But I guess it’s a group there it might be relevant again.
  • O16 has been mostly drama free since the move to FB. There’s been a few issues, but even when things get heated, it gets resolved. Idk what I’d do without them. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @krzyriver hahaha I was N16. ‘Member our brief but ridiculous board war?

And yeah. We had a group split too once we moved to fb. No idea what happened to the original group but the offshoot group is going strong.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @krzyriver hahaha I was N16. ‘Member our brief but ridiculous board war?

And yeah. We had a group split too once we moved to fb. No idea what happened to the original group but the offshoot group is going strong.
    lol I'm in the original group, also going strong. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • DunkinDecafDunkinDecaf member
    edited March 2018
    @hellopartyof5 wait whaaat?! You were N16?!! ETA this is no fair man. You changed your username! I’m going to guess who you are. *detective hat on*
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DunkinDecaf I vaguely remember that! I don’t remember why tho

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• @krzyriver I think you had one crazy person in your group who kept showing up on our board and sharing their opinions and we had a collective “you don’t even go here!” tantrum and some petty AF retaliation posting.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DunkinDecaf I bet you can figure it out easily! But if you can't pm me and I'll tell you! Lol
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • @hellopartyof5 that would be giving up!! I want to win!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hellopartyof5 sigh nvm I lose. I guessed lauren and then she told me haha. Anyway, hay there!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DunkinDecaf Oh that’s right!! Lol!! We were SO mad that y’all hijacked our threads. So silly!!

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014