June 2018 Moms

Unpopular Opinion Thursday (3/29)

124»

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thursday (3/29)

• Oh man, the FB thing is real!!  Ok, is there a time limit on how long we have to join?  I'm on the fence and I don't want our board to die over here.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree as to LTs as opposed to posts. Anyone can do a few drive by nonsubstantive posts just to get their post count up. 
  • @dinodna3 perfect, thank you! 
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • I'm still in my Feb 16 group and we have a daily random thread (posted by anyone...usually with an awesome meme!) a mommy and Me Monday and Hump Day Bump Day on Wednesday. Every once in awhile we will do a GTKY or UO/FFFC. We do have random threads too, usually something mom related or super important that needs ASAP attention. We just did a clean out of some members who weren't participating. We did a check in post (tagged those members) and then most agreed to delete them about a month later when they still didn't participate. We have a couple members going through some issues so they aren't active but they have reached out to explain. 

As I was reading some of the suggestions on what's considered active or not, I'm worried I won't make it. I barely have time to get on here and it's so darn glitchy sometimes! If I don't make it this time, I get it. I just hope it's not a permanent no. @Austenista I did PM you.

PS - we only have a desk top at home and we use it pretty regularly. If like a laptop to sit on the couch with just to fart around on. 
  • @silvergreen blizzard fans unite!! MH and I used to go to blizzcon every year, but we missed it last year. I used to play a LOT of wow but we've both fallen out of love with blizzard recently. MH is currently addicted to fortnite along with the rest of the world. I love playing games, but my computer chair isn't that comfy so I haven't been on it a ton recently. I do agree that gaming can be a great mental distraction when life gets too intense. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @silvergreen I was never a cat fan but I agree. My cats are all very sweet. They constantly want our attention and snuggles.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Amphibious22 Same about the chair!! I've never been to Blizzcon but would love to go! Gaming has definitely taken a backseat these past few months. I honestly just go window shopping/planning for the baby these days when I do hop on. MH is all about PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. He tried to get into the Fortnite version but for some reason still prefers PUBG despite all the bugs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow, took the day off SM yesterday for Good Friday and I missed all the fun :joy:

@silvergreen @Amphibious22 you guys would get along with my husband haha. He plays Heroes of the Storm and loves watching the tournaments at BlizzCon and whatever other ones there are. I got him Overwatch on Xbox for his birthday last year and he loves that too. And I think he sometimes plays Diablo. 

And I definitely agree that people who hate cats just haven't met the right ones. Mine are sweethearts...most of the time...as I type this awake early because they woke me up... lol

Re: FB, +1 to organization, hanging around here for a bit, and purging every once in a while if need be. One fb group I'm in sets up a group "event" that everyone has to respond attending to by a certain time and after that mods delete people. I think they usually give everyone a couple weeks in case someone is on vacation or busy with work or life or whatever. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @silvergreen going to blizzcon was pretty easy for us since we already lived in southern California. If an opportunity ever comes up for you to go, I'd recommend it. Tons of fun! And I think MH prefers fortnite bc his all time favorite game is tf2 and fortnite very much vibes that way. 

@LaceyBee522 and now I'll be needing a cookie dough blizzard from DQ! Also definitely a fan of those too. 

@elsie42 the HoTS championship is by far my favorite part of blizzcon!! I hate playing that game, but it's so much fun to watch. And a few years back the US team won, which was really exciting. Honestly kinda feels like you're at the Superbowl. Lol. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Austenista for FB email do you mean the email account we use to log into FB or like the weird fb email that's on our account?
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Austenista  Austenista member
    edited March 2018
    @sabby2 I need the one you used when you created the account in the first place (i.e. the one that you get emails from fb with). Then it will email you the invite to that email address. If for some reason you can't do it like that, you can PM me your name and describe your profile photo and I can try to friend you then add you. :) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • catlady1215catlady1215 member
    edited March 2018
    @laceybee522 same! I got really excited that there was a blizzardcon! That would be up my alley! Mmmm Oreo with choc/vanilla twist icecream.

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @Amphibious22 fellow WoW player! My husband and I have been huge nerdy gamers since we were both really young. We played WoW and some other MMOs a lot before having our son. It's pretty hard to find time for it all now but we still get on here and there for 20 minutes or whatever when we can. We're solidly into the dirty casual category now. We were talking about trying to make it to the next Blizzcon back before our son was born but well, that never happened. Maybe when the kids are older we can take them and do a family cosplay or something. 
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I would just like to chime into the gaming conversation to say DH plays Dota2 and Smite (and watches THE MOST ANNOYING youtube videos with terrible, grating commentary) all the fucking time, and it drives me absolutely insane. He used to play WoW (he says he was a very... high ranked? IDK what the terminology is? character or something until he got into a fight with his friend around the time we met, and he didn't realize until 6 months later than his friend had deleted his character; he cried for like two nights straight about it) and Ascheron's Call, and I am so happy he no longer does because I tried WoW, and if it was that addictive for me, it definitely would've been a source of arguments if he played.
  • @Austenista I also sent a PM, but want to know how many are in the group. I'm a bit hesitant to join (apply?) if there are a metric crap ton of members.
    Image result for can i interest you in a sarcastic comment
    Me: 33  DH: 34
    DS1: March 18, 2016
    DS2: due June 7, 2018
  • @Austenista I also sent you a message. I'm much more active on FB than TB app. Mh phone is glitchy w the app so didn't post much nut still stayed up to date as much as possinel
  • Soooo, our life got extra crazy since Easter & it looks like you all have left meeeee. 

If anyone is still reading this thread, I'll update ya'll real quick! 

My SIL was incarcerated, so my husband and I are now POA for her three kids (a 16 yo girl, a 13 yo boy and a super mischievous 6 yo boy) in addition to our own kids (12 and 2, haha) and this little guy with a due date fast approaching! 

Once upon a time I was active. Promise.  :/

• sabby2sabby2 member
    @twelvetwosomeonenew holy smokes!  That's a lot on your plate!  Is everyone adjusting?  How's everything going with your pregnancy?
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker