June 2018 Moms

Nursery Inspiration

13»

Re: Nursery Inspiration

• @jsl82 I also like 4 the best, can’t go wrong with the ultimate classic intro to Star Wars! And I’m fully convinced (maybe hoping really) that my LO will love that kind of stuff because I do and they won’t know any better growing up surrounded by it! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kmurdock925 that bed is so so cool!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jsl82 I love bb8 but any of those are cute. DH wishes our whole house could be Star Wars themed. 
  • LaceyBee522            - Thanks!!  I think the cool factor helped the transition.  But now it is literally such a chore to get her out of bed because she wants to play in it all day every day, lol.  I will admit, it is quite cozy in there with the enclosed feeling.  
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @profmcgonagall LOVE the mobile, and it's extra special since YH made it.  MH is obsessed with model airplanes (ordering them, but not really building them so we have boxes of them in our basement).  Airplanes was close to being LOs theme- but like @MissKittyDanger and @doxiemoxie212 said MH would turn out entire house into a Star Wars theme (I'll try to remember to take pics of the basement (ie man cave) bathroom when I get home today).  

Thanks for all of the input for the rug- it's oddly a hard decision.  The BB8 is on sale for $20 right now so that makes it a very strong contender, but there was something about the way @LaceyBee522 voted for " A New Hope" that did make it feel like the best fit for a nursery.

@kmurdock925 I LOVE that bed.  I've been looking into a Montessori House Bed for DD when we evict her from the crib soon (unbelievably soon).  Did you buy the bed or build it?  I feel like they would be easy to make- but I have a feeling that my DH (who would actually have to make said bed) would disagree with me.  I wish I was more crafty/handy.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @kmurdock925 Omg your LO's bed is cute!! I want one lol
    We've looked on amazon and toys r us. I kinda like the ones at toys r us since they have some options with planets also :)

@jsl82 I screen shot the idea you have for the nursery and sent to my H .... "can that be our room"
    No sir, it cannot lmao
  • @kellicoptor062018 - I just saw some glow in the dark stars at Hobby Lobby last weekend. I can't remember if the pack had the moon/planets with it or not.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • kmurdock925kmurdock925 member
    edited March 2018

Thanks ladies!

jsl82            - the plan was for him to build it.  He built her crib and dresser and we transitioned to the big girl bed so DD2 can use the crib he built as well.  Our schedule keeps getting busy and, well, tick tock june will be here soon- so we ended up buying this one because it is like, 95% exactly what he would have built.  We found it in a store, ordered it...then within 30 mins found out it was backordered, found it on amazon for $200 less plus free shipping, so really $300 less so ordered it there.

• On the topic of glow in the dark stars - - my sister and BIL put some in DS's room.  We had to take them down to have the ceiling painted.  The stars left spots on the ceiling (I'm glad we repainted).  Just a word of caution . . .
  • @marcus7676 I can confirm this too. The people who lived in this house before us (we rent) had stars or something on the ceiling of what will be our baby's room because there's a ton of marks & glue spots still left there that they didn't remove or re paint. It bugs the crap out of me but not enough to want to deal with it myself in a home I don't own. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @Amphibious22 It's not a retro print/poster, but have you seen https://thenightsky.com/? You can create a custom print of the alignment of the stars of the day your LO is born. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @silvergreen that is so awesome!! Thanks for the link because we will definitely be doing that! 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @kmurdock925 that bed is amazing!! Where’d you get those decals?
  • pupsicle23  - Thanks!  DH did an awesome job!  The decals are from Etsy!  I'm sure I could go back in my history and find the listing/shop but if you just search vinyl decals there are thousands of choices.  It is nice because you can customize the colors if the actual listing isn't exactly what you wanted...I believe I asked for the colors of the owl beaks to be different.
  • @kmurdock925. Thanks!! We are going to do DD’s big girl room makeover. She picked out some woodland creature themed bedding, and those tree decals would be so perfect over in her reading corner.
  • pupsicle23 - awesome!!!  I went and looked and the shop was InAnInstantArt.  They had great customer service but with that being said- I'm sure there are a ton of listings for similar decals.
  • @silvergreen Omg that looks like the same grey we have! We kept the baseboards as stark white because our floors are a darker wood {somewhat cherry wood style, but not as dark}
    Photos to come :) Probably tomorrow
  • Not sure if I should post here or in another thread, but is anyone buying hangers? I have a couple dresses that won't fit until approx 6 months {bought ahead for deals} and I was gonna hang it up.

Are kid vs baby hangers the same, or is there a difference? I haven't really looked yet, but just wanna see if there's a point to get baby ones if kid hangers are the same.
    {for reference, we're getting bins for rest of the clothes - right now it's just a few things to be hung}
  • @MissKittyDanger I think kid and baby hangers are the same. We're using baby hangers. Wal-mart has 10 packs for $1 so I stocked up!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @MissKittyDanger we have baby hangers... I feel like kid hangers might be bigger, and I wouldn't want to stretch any of the teeny tiny clothes.  We have a few packs of hangers from DD that fit her newborn clothes and still work for her now with 18 month and 2T clothes. We bought a bunch for DS too but always looking for more on sale so stock up when you see deals.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @aharv77 I can't see anything online but I should go in and see if they have them in Canadian one :) are they with the hangers or baby stuff?

@jsl82 would you suggest I measure the shoulder area for the clothes before buying? I think smallest thing I wanna hang is 6-9 month
  • @silvergreen Love the color!  I can't decide if I can call it blue, green or grey but regardless, I think it looks great. 

@MissKittyDanger I now have a collection of clothes about the size of a Carter's store from my baby showers so I will be definitely going to go get some baby hangers.  Thanks @aharv77 for the tip! 
  • @MissKittyDanger They had a big bin in the center aisle near the baby section when I picked them up last month but I believe you can find them in the aisle with the adult hangers as well! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @MissKittyDanger I just looked up children's hangers and infant hangers to see what the size difference is, and they are the same... buy whatever is cheaper.  And you might only be planning on hanging a few things now, but our dresser quickly went from able to hold all of her clothes to over flowing- and needing re- organizing.  Better to just get a bunch now, since they will last them until at least the toddler stage.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• If you get kids hangers at Ikea they are definitely a bit big for newborn, 0-3, maybe even 3-6 size stuff.  I don't remember when the clothes started fitting on the hangers.  Until they worked though the hangers that the clothes came on held me over just fine.
  • If you get kids hangers at Ikea they are definitely a bit big for newborn, 0-3, maybe even 3-6 size stuff.  I don't remember when the clothes started fitting on the hangers.  Until they worked though the hangers that the clothes came on held me over just fine.
    I know we'll be going to ikea soon, so I may bring something I wanna hang with me to see about their sizing. I saw some online, and that's what kinda got me questioning actually lol
  • @MissKittyDanger be careful with hangers. I think we ordered ours on amazon and the kids ones were definitely bigger than the baby ones. We are just now starting to use the kids one and DD is 20 months. I had no idea there were different sizes. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sunshineandwhiskey hangers are so weird lol but I will def keep in mind. I don't think I'll order them though since I wanna see how big they are compared to what I wanna hang