April 2018 Moms
Options

Babies R Us Closings

hey ladies! 

So a lot of the Babies R Us/ Toys R Us stores around the country are closing. Some as early as the beginning of February, and all the ones that are closing should be completely closed by summer. 

That being said, my friend has worked at the close one to me for over 20 years. 

She said they will be marking a LOT of things down in the stores that are closing. So be on the lookout for that!! 

Just an an FYI!  :)

Re: Babies R Us Closings

• Options
    Eeeeek this gives me so much anxiety re: registry returns!!! Thanks for the info!!! 
    Ohhhhh yes, me too! 

We still have a couple of TRU/BRU combos around here, but if someone buys something that’s on clearance/marked down or something, then will I not be able to return it to the still-open stores? 

Ugh. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just read that.  I'm going to be keep an eye out when their sales hit.  Hopefully those that have registered there will be able to return at TRU/BRU combos.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Is there any way to find out which ones will be closing? There are a lot around me and I'd like to check out the clearance but I'm not driving all around SoCal looking for signs.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @kaymaroo if you google “babies r us closing” a bunch of articles pop up with the full list of closing locations. I read I think 27 of them are in Cali. 
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing! Im going to check it out and see what's on sale. 
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing, I hope the one around here is staying open. I just finished my registry but the sales would be nice.
  • Options
    Oh thank god, our store isn't closing.  I would be seriously lost without ours!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @frenchiekinplusone Thanks I'll check!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully there will be some great sales in time for our little ones.
  • Options
    Mark downs start in Feb.  CEO sent an email to registry users if you are signed up.
  • Options
    @knuttyplus2 hmmm I didn’t get an email yet! Maybe they are sending them in waves?
  • Options
    I haven’t received one either maybe it’s starting with the stores that are closing 
  • Options
    Here’s a screen shot of the email I received yesterday. If you look at the paragraph above the blue links is where they talk about discounted items!

• Options
    Thanks @mikkimikey! I’m guessing their registry return policy stays in effect at least for the locations staying open. Hopefully most of us will have access to some good sales nearby! 
  • Options
    @mikkimikey Mid-April. Nooo.  :( Nice about the discounts though..
  • Options
    None near me :( boooo
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I wish my BRU wasn’t closing. It’s the BEST!!! I like that it doesn’t have a Toys r us connected to it because that means it is HUGE! 
  • Options
    klburke88klburke88 member
    edited January 2018
    I'm actually relieved my local BRU isn't closing. It's also a standalone store, not connected to a TRU. It's SO convenient and well maintained. I'll miss out on the markdown discounts, but this eases my mind about registering there. 

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married 5/3/14, TTC ever since

DX: Lean PCOS, Clomid resistant

Femara 7.5 + Ovidrel = BFP! Due 4/15/18

• Options
    Thanks for sharing the link @icalynn My main BRU isn’t closing nor the one near my parents (which is why I registered there in the first place) but another one near me is closing so I’m definitely hitting up that sale next month!!! Bye bye money 
  • Options
    I checked and two near me are closing, though not the ones closest to me. Looks like I'll have to plan some shipping days in early Feb!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Ugh I actually wanted the one near me to close so I could take advantage of the sales! I HATE going there because the parking lot always has homeless people loitering around.
  • Options
     I'm with @scuba_chic and @rmmorris kinda wish my local one  was closing cuz I'd never drive 40 mins to shop there, but i would go late Feb after my shower and get some discounts
  • Options
    ftm_ohio said:
     I'm with @scuba_chic and @rmmorris kinda wish my local one  was closing cuz I'd never drive 40 mins to shop there, but i would go late Feb after my shower and get some discounts
    I was hoping the same. The one closest to me is a combo one and I never go because it's in a city I hate going to and the area is trashy. But I'd definitely hit it up for a sale!
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Just an update: all Babies R Us and Toys R Us will be closing in the United States and Europe - Canadian stores will remain open. They're trying to get a third party to buy the website, so it MIGHT stay functional.  If you have a registry, you've probably noticed a lot of stuff marked out of stock - it may not come back in stock and I'd recommend making a secondary registry (I found almost everything that was out of stock on mine available at Wal-mart).  Also, if your due date is after the 2nd week of April, you will not receive your in-store rewards dollars.  That's also the last week gift cards will be accepted.  As of last week, stores have posted that "all sales are final" and in-store returns can no longer be made.