Chit Chat
Options

U/O 03/29

Re: U/O 03/29

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @galactickates Can you convince DH of the jean shorts thing? I made the mistake of buying him a pair when they were in style in college, so he always argues that since I bought them I shouldn't complain about them. He also will always ask what he would wear instead because apparently there are no other options. We do not agree on fashion.

My UO is that Lularoe is overrated. It might be because I don't spend much money on clothes, but $25 for a pair of leggings just doesn't seem worth it. I buy mine at TJ Maxx for $5 and they are wonderful. I should probably admit though that I have never actually tried Lularoe, so I could be 100% wrong about this. 
  • Options
    I don't support MLMs and definitely not buying LLR.
  • Options
    I like LLR dresses and skirts....***runs to hide lest you see I'm currently wearing one***
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly - do you sell it or just genuinely like it?
  • Options
    I do NOT sell and will do whatever it takes to make sure you beleive me on that! I do genuinely like the dresses. Leggings are cozy but I don't really care for prints. They are a bit much for me. Even some of the dress patterns are too much sometimes.
  • Options
    galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited March 2018
    @prpl11butterfly you are a unicorn

:mrgreen:

Also is it "an unicorn" or "a unicorn".  I know technically it should be an unicorn but say the two outloud. Awkward :confused:
  • Options
    @galactickates that's definitely "a". The English language is all sorts of awkward. 
  • Options
    I almost bought some of LLR's Disney line clothing. *Almost*. But then I realized I can buy cute Disney garb elsewhere for less $$$ and I also just don't like their style and printing. Too busy. Which is especially perplexing when they market towards bigger gals. Generally loud print doesn't look flattering on plus-size ladies.
  • Options
    Disney line was unimpressive. But then again I am totally 100% against character clothing.

**tw children mentioned re character clothing

I cringe every single time MIL buys a piece for the kids. She knows how feel so likely does it intentionally......

• Options
    @prplbttrfly77 Why are you against character clothing for kids? I admit that it's not always fashion forward,  but my kids love it so I love it for them. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @eleven_ I don't really have a specific reason, just don't like it.

**Tw, kids**
    The kids don't seem to mind much that they don't get it. Niece is old enough where she doesn't care for it much anymore and DS is young enough where he doesnt realize. Jammies don't bother me. They have tons of that. 
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly - I have mixed feelings about character clothing... Some of it is super cute. But a lot of it is also super obnoxious. Like the whole princess thing with connotations of "spoiled" or "bratty," especially cringey when worn by grown-ass women. W's childhood besty wears Disney princess crap constantly and it makes me gag. Sweet girl otherwise, but come ON.
  • Options
    Ugh! Yes. Princess stuff kills me. MIL calls Neice her princess and I despise it.  Neice has a few non character shirts I can't stand. #bosschicklikemymom, my mom is cooler then your mom, #santastopjudgingme, and then I'm not bossy I'm just the leader of my squad. Any guess on who got them for her? Lmao
  • Options
    I think on a day to day basis, I wouldn't put my kid in character clothing. Mostly because I don't love it. However, if we go on a family trip to Disney I'm dressing their butts up! And Universal. You bet they'll be in Harry Potter clothes! 

+1 for not liking LLR. I do order Scentsy because it's convenient and I don't have to worry about my cat knocking over a candle. That's the only MLM I use though. As someone who built their own business from scratch it bothers me when those selling MLM describe themselves as small business owners or entrepreneurs. 

No offense to anyone selling MLM. You still gotta hustle to make that work. But it's not the same. 
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor going to Disney would be totally different! We'd all dress the part for that! And I completely agree that it's odd to say they are small business owners and entrepreneurs. They didn't start the business, create/build a brand.
  • Options
    +1 for hating character clothing! MIL always buys it for DD and it drives me crazy. We don't need another Moana shirt, we need plain black leggings that go with everything!
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly I happen to be wearing a LLR skirt today. I’m not a fan of MLM’s and started looking on eBay for them. I love all the skirts, but I have one friend that still sells and I’m very confused by their attempts to add wacky new styles, like the denim jackets and the super trendy bell sleeve dress. Too much!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @meggyme I try to buy at discounts if I can. Got a few from a going out of business sale not too long ago. If I love it (my cobalt blue pencil skirt) I will pay full price. The jackets are so so ugly. And I do like that dress but not with the bell sleeves. I saw a post about cutting them off but that price tag is way to high to be chopping it up!
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly have you seen the lularoe fails? Some of these are pretty hilarious, and yet another reason I don’t do the leggings.
    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/JtmRm
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @meggyme I have seen some of them! Hysterical!!

@holly321 you do what you need to do to get through the day. If it came down to it, I would too. I definitely don't judge what other parents dress their kids in (so long as their kid is clothed). I'll find other reasons to judge them! J/K J/K kinda.... :joy:
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited March 2018
    Here's another UO. I like some MLMs (I don't sell any). I don't care if they are an MLM as long as I like the product and the quality and the value I'm getting. Half my kitchen is Pampered Chef, I use quite a few Tupperware as well, I wear a lot of Mary Kay makeup products, and I use one or two DoTerra products.  

I don't like LLR. I think the prints are ugly and they seem to be low quality. It's funny. I was at a consignment shop browsing, and I could always immediately tell LLR by the print.  

Also, piggybacking on that, I have absolutely no sympathy for women who are losing money because they have stockpiles of LLR or any other MLM product in their basement that they can't sell. Guess what? No, everyone CANNOT be a salesperson, no matter what they tell you. If you wouldn't hire on at a regular company doing that or start your own any other kind of business, you should not be trying to sell an MLM product. You have to have that type of personality and business sense/desire to learn. And if you're not smart enough to not keep buying inventory when it's not selling, no matter how it's being pushed on you, you shouldn't be in that line of business, and I have zero sympathy.  

ETA:

I came across this article a few months back and found it absolutely fascinating and (as a SAHM who works a little bit from home, but not as much as I'd like because the company just doesn't have the work for me, and it's hard to branch out) highly accurate as to the reasons that drive women to MLMs. I have considered selling an MLM product myself, but I don't think I have the personality for it. 

https://www.vox.com/2016/5/12/11577466/multilevel-marketing
  • Options
    MLMs are inherently taking advantage of people. I know not everyone who sells them is a bad person, but the company they’re involved with is. MLMs don’t have to be MLMs. They’re choosing to be because they know the dream of “entrepreneurship” is enticing enough to get people to buy inventory they wouldn’t otherwise. It’s an insanely dark business plan. I don’t know anyone who sells MLM stuff but I would never buy it because it’s a business plan created to exploit. 
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I was just enlightened with this story from ex-MLM  blogger who sold Younique.  I should say enthralled.  I ignored my H until I was done reading.  It pretty much sealed the - I hate MLM deal.  Obviously start at the bottom with Chapter 1. Its a super easy read how she got sucked in and then got out of it.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @jrm_14 that's because they just don't exist :joy:  - good furniture covers