Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Mon 3/26

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

Cycle Day/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What couldn't you live without? 
*TW*
Me: 38 DH: 41
Married: 2016
BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19

Re: TWW Mon 3/26

• Options
    **Lurking from WTO**
    @catlady2015 Sending a hug right back to you. Try to do something fun today to take your mind off the appointment. I hope it all goes well for you <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lin0442 - hope you can hold out until the weekend! It's SO tough. Sorry you found yourself in this position a couple weeks ago! The office was recommended by the wife of one of DH's colleagues, but I haven't actually been in yet. Hoping I gel with her, some docs are fairly offput by what I do for a living (health librarian) and try to dismiss me as one of the crazy dr. google patients. needless to say, we pull out of those practices quick. 

@LJMoon6 - sorry about the pulled shoulder! Wincing with sympathy pains for you. I love reading recs! I read a ton too and always need new recs.

AFM, I'm going to see an OB. DH and I moved here about six months ago and I haven't had to see anyone yet. The OB's office claims they can handle 75% of fertility issues in house and triage out for what they can't handle. I figure they can easily do the blood work and if I need to do anything else, we'll see how they plan to handle things. I've done a TON of research since I've learned that some OB's aren't super knowledgeable about the IF stuff and am prepared to ask for an RE referral if I'm not impressed with what I learn tomorrow. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @catlady2015 GL w/your consult. I was anxious for my first RE appointment too, but they do a good job of giving and getting information. I would suggest to be sure to ask for clarification if you don't understand something. I think sometimes the docs can get so "in a routine" that they may forget this is all new to you. 

Month/Cycle: 19

Cycle Day/DPO: 13/2

Timing: IUI, so hopefully good

Typical LP length:  14

Testing: nope, well not until we get to day 15 of the LP

R/R: four day work week! just have to focus on one day at a time. this LP may feel like my longest yet.

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What couldn't you live without? I discovered recently that I really rely on my straightener. LOL. mine died and I had to go a few days without one and it was rough. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @catlady2015 - I am so sorry you have to move on to testing now :\ Personally I would take a HPT beforehand just because I'm a POAS addict but if it's going to hurt you to get the BFN then hold off, of course. Everyone feels different about HPTs and when to take them so do what's best for you, you know? Your chart does look promising!

@lin0442 - agreed, I need more weekend time. I think Monday shouldn't start until Wednesday this week!

@LJMoon6 - yikes!!! Sorry about your injury! Sometimes that takes a while to recover so do some gentle stretches and take it easy. I dunno what your figure is like but Lane Bryant has some *amazing* sports bras. I bought a couple and they give me a TON of support. I have enormous breasts, though, so I need top of the line. Otherwise I'd get a black eye from one of them swinging up and hitting me in the face.

@PensiveCrayon - The Kitchn??? SERIOUSLY?? Ahhhhh that's so cool!!!!! One of my favorite websites :D Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Month/Cycle: 7/3

Cycle Day/DPO: 24/7 DPIUI

Timing: IUI

Typical LP: 14 days

Testing: Still peeing out my trigger. Should be cleared out either tomorrow or Wednesday.

R/R: Still suffering my non-pregnancy pregnancy symptoms. TW for those who want to read about my previous pregnancy because my cravings are literally out of control at this point.

So when I was pregnant before, my metabolism sky-rocketed. It was fabulous. I could eat anything I wanted and I even LOST weight because my body was working so hard making the baby that it couldn't provide enough calories to keep me heavy. Now I think my body is reacting like I'm pregnant again, sending alert signals to my brain like "Hey, this happened before and it depleted your fat reserves so it's time to eat NOW." I went to a brunch buffet with prime rib (oh my God, the prime rib), sausage gravy and biscuits, bacon, eggs, waffles, peel and eat shrimp, calamari, all kinds of fruits and cheeses, and a full dessert bar. PROGESTERONE HEAVEN. I was like a prize hog at the trough. It was amazing. What does suck, though, is if this doesn't work I'll probably have gained 5 pounds from all the food I've shoved in my face so I'll need to deal with that. I have a plan. I'm meal-planning on Skinnytaste.com and once the progesterone clears from my system I'll be good as new.

CS/Q: Nah

GTKY: I think it goes without saying none of us can live without our loved ones/family so I'll say I couldn't live without fiction novels/stories. If all I had for entertainment was TV or the internet I would be sad. Written fiction really pulls you into the story and makes you a part of it, whereas watching TV you're just observing. Still entertaining but a fully different experience.
  • Options
    @catlady2015 Good luck at your appointment. I hope though that it will be for naught and that you'll have a nice surprise this cycle! 

@Avrilmai Was this your first iui?

Month/Cycle: 4th iui

Cycle Day/DPO: 23/9dpiui

Timing: -2, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 14, 16 with treatment

Testing: decided to switch to 3/30

R/R: I don't know if this is placebo effect or not. I've been on levo for four days now. I already feel less cold, have more energy, have less body pain, a bit less depressed, and feel calmer. 

CS/Q: Not really

GTKY: What couldn't you live without? I'm with @LJMoon6. I couldn't live without love. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @Avrilmai - thanks for the encouragement! I have a big list of questions and a folder with all my paperwork, charts, etc. I need to remind myself it's OK to breathe and ask all my questions. I'm worried about being overwhelmed and not maximizing my time with the doctor. Also, yay for your IUI and your 4-day work week!

@wishiwaspreggo - i'm leaning towards POAS too (POASaholics unite!) because I would feel super stupid seeking testing if I wasn't sure I wasn't pregnant. also, I'm going out of town Wednesday morning, and I'll be with family the whole time. :( can't test until I get home on Saturday night (the day AF is due). thanks for the sports bra info, too - I think i'll have to check those out too. I need really good ones (the ladies are pretty large) and I work out a lot. Hope your trigger is cleared soon!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    Sorry to post and ghost today, busy at work! I'll check in again after work in a few hours...

Month/Cycle: 2/1

Cycle Day/DPO: 42/???

Timing: not sure, we got three days in predicted fertile window, not sure how they line up with O though, so maybe good maybe bad

Typical LP length: 12-13 days

Testing: Wednesday if still no AF, had 3 BFNs last week though

R/R: ugh I just want to know, if I'm not pregnant then fine, but AF needs to get her butt in gear and start so we can try again!

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: What couldn't you live without? Seasons!! My mom is in Arizona and idk if I could really enjoy not having winter. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options

@catlady2015 Your post gave me the push to contact my doc. She understands not wanting to get yet another person involved so she went and place a referral for an RE… So nervous!!!

@pensivecrayon FX for that job. It’s so much fun to apply to dream jobs. I actually got mine! So I know it’s possible. Good luck!

@Avrilmai I’m so excited for you! I recently discovered I can curl my hair super fast with my straightener, and I suck at hair. I love it!

@wishiwapreggo I have itty bitty titties lol so I usually just buy the cute ones. I got stuck in it as I was putting it on and it was extra tight. The pain in my muscle has gone away, MH massaged it out, but the residual pain in my neck is still lingering. One down side to taking the bus to work, I can’t go home early if I’m not feeling well.

@cecilB93 Have you talked to your OB about what’s going on? You might be able to get tested and/or jump start AF (if that's a thing lol).
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @LJMoon6 - I've always been envious of women with smaller breasts, just because y'all get to wear such cute stuff :\ my bras look institutional. Always either beige, white, or pink with enormous foam cups, ergonomic thick straps, multiple hooks, underwire, support ribbing, and extra-wide back strap. These bras mean business. Gotta hold the girls up and not have my back aching all the time, I guess, but I wish I could wear those frilly, lacy, colorful bras but their cups barely cover my nipples. Even at my thinnest I still need the institutional bras. It sucks. Enjoy your pretty things!!! ;)
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 - YAYAYAYAY! So excited you called and got your referral to an RE. Keep us posted on when your appointment is! PM if you need to chat. :) 

*TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 no, I have cycles that range from 38-45 days, I'm just frustrated because I thought I knew when I O'd but must have been wrong. I'm not temping this cycle, I plan to next cycle though!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @wishiwaspreggo - YES!!! all the super cute strappy multicolored bras call to me, and 90% of my bras are thick strapped, 4 hooks, and white/nude. Like you, I need those even when I’m thin (for me). So jealous of all you ladies who can wear that stuff!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @holly321 Apparently there are YouTube channels were people do book recommendations. I haven't checked any out yet but my cousin gave me a bunch of channels to look up. You should check it out! 

@wishiwaspreggo I have to admit I am pretty happy with my size lol. They definitely need to get prettier bras for bigger sizes.

@catlady2015 Thank you! Now all I need to do is pick a clinic  :#
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022