September 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions 3/18

13»

Re: Weekly Questions 3/18

• Options
    I think I may try unmedicated this time... I say go ahead and start the thread!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    klj0228klj0228 member
    edited March 2018
    @SkilledSailor I agree! I also like to make sure I have a mix of inexpensive and expensive gifts on a registry to make sure there are things for any price point to purchase. Plus, it’s nice to know what I absolutely should include, what I should not include, and what is more personal preference.

ETA: that’s my way of saying, yes I think it’s a good idea for a running thread and I would definitely participate. 
  • Options
    A registry thread would make sense. Especially since most of us are out of first tri or will be soon - I know I did most of my registry work second tri with DS.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    Can we talk about gender disappointment? This may better belong in "unpopular opinions", but I want your thoughts... I have a 13 month old son who we did not find out the sex of until he was born. It was a magical moment between my husband and I when he announced the gender at the birth. Neither of us had a preference on gender the first time around, but this is our final pregnancy and I yeeeeaaarrrrnnn for a baby girl. My husband is insisting on being surprised again on the gender and doesn't want to find out before the birth. I fear that if it's not a girl, I may be very disappointed. If I find out before hand, it may give me more time to come to terms with the fact that I'll never have a baby girl. Has anyone experienced this? What do you recommend? Waiting or insisting to husband that you want to find out at the anatomy scan? Will it even matter when I see that sweet face on it's birthday? Ugh, it's bringing me anxiety.
  • Options
    @megster0418 in your situation, I would want to find out early so I could come to terms with it. It’s possible you’ll be so in love on the day of the birth that you won’t care, but hormones are wacky and it’s possible you’ll just burst into inconsolable tears. I wouldn’t want to risk it. But then again I don’t really like surprises to begin with. 
    Also, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having a preference and I know several women that took a few days to come to terms with the sex of their baby and all went on to be great moms
  • Options
    Oops, see my sleepy fog brain completely forgot I even asked the magnesium question here! Ugh. 

So the dr recommendation was “whatever dosage you find at the store it’s either 400 or 800mg, just take 2-3 of those through the day and see if that helps.” 

We found 500mg pills and I’ve been taking 3, today I skipped one and I think I’ll go down to one tomorrow or maybe half am and pm... 

sidenote: It has recently come to my attention, that when it comes to medical intervention, our cfer’s situation has rewired our approach. Pre-Dd I would have been in the camp “start with the mildest intervention and work up to the strongest”. With Cf you can’t let any problem linger, so we always “start strongest and work our way back down.” Hence I jumped into the strongest dose first. *eyeroll*  And dh is the same way. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Options
    @jhjocelyn 1500 mg a day seems like a lot!!! 
    I would say try just one tomorrow at bedtime.
  • Options
    Yyeeaaa, that’s what I’m thinking too... 

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

• Options
    @megster0418 we just found out we’re having a boy and I am honestly in shock. With dd my H wanted a boy and I wanted a girl... we found out around 18 weeks and it did take him a little time to come to terms with it, but he was very excited before she arrived. Now she is a total daddy’s girl and he loves it. We both wanted a girl this time and so it is going to take some time for me to get used to. He’s been sleeping since I got home from the appt. (he FaceTimed in) so I honestly have no idea how he feels about it. There is no doubt in my mind that we will love our son as much as we love our daughter. I just need time. I am in favor of finding out earlier, as I would rather come to terms with it while pregnant than when meeting him. 
  • Options
    @born2run911 & klj0228 
    yes! I had just a shot in the arm of nubain, and it was amazing. I plan to do the same this time. I would be game to tak options though in case that isn’t enough, I’m a wuss and know I will cave in the moment! 

• Options
    While I am going to try to go unmedicated this time, I’m not gonna lie... my epidural last time was amazing. They turned it up so I would go down to a pain level 1 or 2. I was at a pain level 0. It was perfect!
  • Options
    stothi said:
    So, I was open to whatever, but wanted to go maybe unmedicated, definitely didn't want an epidural, but really was open to the possiblity of all the drugs. They pushed the epidural. Basically refused to even tell me about any other options. After 24 hours of pictocin contractions and being awake for 3+ days, I caved and got the epidural. F-er didn't work. So yeah, I'd like a medicated thread. I want to know all about all the drugs. All of them. Do you snort them? Shoot them? Rub them on your gums? I wanna know.
    Lol I’m excited to hear these options 
  • Options
    ashh2018ashh2018 member
    edited March 2018
    So, random...I posted something on social media about using a bubble bar from Lush (I take warm baths and have tested w/ a thermometer to check that they don’t raise my temp). My friend texted me freaking out about how the essential oils in the product could be harmful to the baby. I’ve specifically asked my dr about these and she said it’s all fine...should I be concerned here? It’s the bright side bubble bar. And I was sooo excited bc this is literally the first product from Lush that I’ve liked, they all smell way too strong for me. Is this bananas or should I be concerned?

ETA the google says that tangerine and bergamot oils are safe. This friend has me second guessing myself and freaking out. 
  • Options
    @ashh2018 I specifically asked the sales ladies at lush if they were pregnancy safe and one of the sales people had just delivered and assured me that most are, and even recommended her favorites to me. A quick google search came up with the below: 
  • Options
    Some of these bars have maybe three drops of oil so the dosage isn't going to be concerning, most likely -- but personally I would be cautious. There's very little rigorous research on essential oils, but as an example, a study was just published showing lavender and tea tree oil are endocrine disruptors. https://www.endocrine.org/news-room/2018/chemicals-in-lavender-and-tea-tree-oil-appear-to-be-hormone-disruptors

If it can cause gynecomastia in children it makes me nervous to think what could happen to a fetus or newborn, whose system is much easier to disrupt. 

A lot of people making claims about essential oil safety don't have any research to back up their safety. I enjoy diffusing oils for the scent, but I've stopped now.