June 2018 Moms

FFFC 3/23

FFFC #1: Ricky Martin is sexy
*TW LC*
Me & MH: 32
DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
TTC #2: 12/2019
Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Re: FFFC 3/23

• FFFC #2: I stalk my registries religiously and now that my shower is a week away I am a little perturbed that no one has bought our car seat. It is an expensive thing that is an essential. It would be perfect for a group of people to go in on. I know I should be appreciative that people are buying gifts for us but having gone to a friends shower recently and seeing all the stuff that she got that was non-essential I really hope someone gets it for us. 
    *TW LC*

• Loading the player...
  • @krashke For both my shower and sprinkle, a large number of people went shopping the day before or even the day of. 
  • @krashke so far my mom bought us the halo bassinest (great), MIL bought us the bouncer we wanted (coco go, great), 6 other people have bought random small stuff from our registry (which is totally fine, glad they bought from registry), and that’s it (24 people attending shower). Shower is Sunday so I assume nothing more will be purchased because (we did Babylist, and my mom/MIL are the only people under 32 attending, so tech difficulties not a thing) there aren’t convenient Targets with baby stuff, BRU, etc in Manhattan, so where would they even shop? And shipping time is up. My mom keeps saying she thinks people will “go in on things together” but I don’t think they’re going to get us anything at all, like... the time has passed. I just hope no one gets us weird ugly shit we don’t need or want. None of them have kids so it’s not like they have a sense of what babies need. I’m becoming more and more annoyed I’m missing our birth class for the shower because the class were missing is MASSAGE DAY!! Sigh. 
  • @kfren I would be find with that if our registries were strictly in-store but we are registered at Target and Amazon. Amazon has our car seat and more of the big stuff because a) some of the items aren't available through Target and b) the prices were better on Amazon
    *TW LC*

• @krashke
    Some people also buy off the registry, but forget to mark it off the registry. And... definite FFFC here... I took back/returned duplicates of stuff (sheets, towels, nursing pillows, tub, swing, etc.) and used it towards completing my registry. 
    Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • @rnielsen321 of course you should return duplicates! 
  • @doxiemoxie212 that is frustrating. I would rather go to your class as well but hopefully it will all work out. Hopefully any random things they get you can be returned. Or maybe they are just going to give you money which would be awesome! 
    *TW LC*

• @2589 there are several big items that didn't end up being gifted, but we did get a giant (think 5 feet long) stuffed elephant that smelled like cigarettes. Needless to say, I left that in Maryland. So yeah I get being worried about unnecessary gifts. 

I can't think of a confession at the moment. Maybe one will come to me during the day. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @krashke money would be great except my mom/MILs gifts won’t arrive until may, and the others sent their gifts here unwrapped ahead of time, but everyone really wants us to do gift opening which at this point just seems like THE MOST AWKWARD. Like, hello, let me Vana White style show you these items on the table, tell you about what will arrive in the future, and show you this money we received. Lolz 
  • @Amphibious22 AND YOU DIDNT SHOW US A PHOTO OF THIS ELEPHANT???
  • @Amphibious22 did you at least get a picture of you riding said elephant before you left it in the dust? Eerr and smoke?  :D that's hilarious
  • @amphibious22 - oh yay- just what you need...a GIANT elephant...to travel across the country with...super.
  • @Amphibious22 AMAZING!! Wonderful. Not creepy at all. Not strange at all.  :D
  • @krashke hopefully if no one buys it, you atleast get a crap ton of giftcards and can use those.

@amphibious22 :D What baby doesn't need a large elephant covered in smoke?!

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • FFFC 1: I'm being selfish. my birthday falls on easter this year. I always hate when that happens cause my bday is MY day. I hate that I have to wake up really early to do easter bunny stuff here and get ready, cause we need to get to my sisters at about 10 (40min drive). spend hours there. then go to DH's side.. spend hours there. then by the time we get home, I have a crabby pissy tired 5 yr old to deal with. weeeeee. I already told DS to tell daddy all I want is a choc cake and choc brownies. I hope he relays the message.

FFFC 2: since I'm on the topic of easter. Everyone in our families buy DS a fun easter bucket or present of easter candy. we come home with bags full. MY KID DOES NOT EAT CANDY! And its not cause I'm a mean mom that doesn't allow it. he just won't eat it. He has a very limited diet and freaks out over new foods. same with snacks.. IF he snacks, he'll only eat a few things. He's 5 and has been like this since he was 1.5yrs old. And both families know the limited things he eats! so you'd think we'd get bags of that stuff! nope. so it'll sit here for a couple months and all go in the garbage.. just like Halloween candy. and Christmas candy. and valentines day candy.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @krashke Totally agree regarding Ricky Martin. 

@Amphibious22 what, you didn’t want to haul back that elephant on the plane?!

@doxiemoxie212 Hopefully, they’ll at least bring books so it’s not just “look at my money”. 

@catlady1215 I’m impressed you don’t eat all the candy yourself. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I compulsively stalk my registry too (which doesn't have much on it), even though I'm not having a shower as a STM and no one knows where I'm registered (Amazon).  For some reason, I just expect things to change.  

@doxiemoxie212 a lot of people bought things that weren't on my registry, but were absolute necessities (diaper cream, aquaphor, tylenol, extra nose frida filters) and small things like books / clothes / blankets.  There were definitely people who went shopping the morning of, so I wouldn't be surprised if people do that from local baby stores.  

• @marcus7676 I put all that stuff on our registry. None of our friends would have any clue a baby might need those things lol lol. We shall see what happens... 
  • doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited March 2018
    @LaceyBee522 to be fair, if they’ve had bad credit they’ve probably had it for a while so I don’t know that you can wish that into being with such short notice lol. I don’t think you have to feel guilty about thinking those things. I mean, maybe not great if you’re wishing the lot of them dies lol but if that happened I’d start worrying the apt was cursed sooooo 
  • @LaceyBee522 I'll wish that they opened three new cards and bought an expensive mid life crisis car and it's all hitting their credit today. Lol

My FFFC- I'm cranky and tired so I'm going to load up the kids, go to the corner store and buy chips, soda and something chocolate. DH is off playing DnD and I'm unreasonably annoyed by it. 
    First two kids, I never had caffeine. This kid? I feel like a crap mom 85% of the day for the caffeine I have...
  • I feel 1 part bad for the lone poster in December who is waiting for others to join her, yet 1 part annoyed that she didn’t look around at the other boards to get some board organization going to start things off right.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @2589 I want to be like THIS IS YOUR TIME TO SHINE, SWEETIE!!
  • @catlady1215 more candy for you or just being it to work (or have DH bring it to work) at work is the only time I really want/ need sugar/ candy. 

RE registries: there are no clothes or toys (other than a play mat) on our registry for this very reason. There are also no books. I tried to focus ln stuff that can actually be used the first year. We’ve gotten about 15 gifts off our registry (amazon) all great gifts. 

AFM: I desperately hope we don’t get any money or gift cards. I hate arguing with DH about how to use it.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • I've been stalking my registries too (BRU & Amazon-last minute thank God).  I actually had a full blown cry session last Friday as I felt like not nearly enough people bought off BRU and the standard free shipping time had passed so people would be in the range of paying like $20/item to have in time for the shower which is this Sunday. Given the BRU stores are bare bones and no longer print registries the options as of late have been virtually online only.

@Amphibious22 omg girl laughed so hysterically at this and everyone's comments it made my break into a good cry lol.  Props to @kmurdock925 on your comment that shit had my rolling.  For real though, did they win that at a fair and the smell is "carnie" smoke? Lol 

AFM FFFC- We bought our dresser and conversion kits for crib (both to a toddler and full size) from BRU online. The whole thing was'$907 with their 15% off. The charge hit my credit card then disappeared off... Like no refund, no nothing. I haven't called them yet to say hey guys are you collecting the money or what? TBD whether this charge posts when I pick up dresser tomorrow but it's looking like a big glitch. And I guess another confession is I greedily don't feel bad because they are screwing me out of the ~$300 endless rewards from my registry which was one of the main reasons I signed up there for it instead of BBB.  Though admittedly in good conscious I don't think I can screw them out of this.... But I just wish it would come out on its own so I'm not forced to do the honourable thing.... Grrr
  • Work has been crazy busy lately, which is good for business ans job security and all that... but I've been wishing that my boss would decide against bidding on an upcoming job just so I can rest, not travel so much (a bid qould have had me traveling from now to early May), and have more time to Bump, prepare for baby, and all that.

Thankfully the no bid decision happened today.  Yay!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018