June 2018 Moms

Unpopular Opinion Thursday (3/22)

Oh, hey! We remembered to start this thread this week. Go team!

Image result for unpopular opinion gif
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thursday (3/22)

• @stephcat421 Yes!!!! They're so much sweeter! If there's no yellow left, make banana bread. Otherwise, bring on the brown :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @stephcat421 @kfren Ugh, no way! That is already banana bread territory!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @stephcat421 @kfren y'all are cray! That is disgusting. There is about a two day time where I will eat bananas. If they are too green or not ripe enough they are dry and bitter but if they get any bit of brown they are too soft and make me gag. Like I have almost thrown up eating a banana that was too soft. But I have a think with texture. I cant do pudding and I have to have granola or fruit in my yogurt. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• 3 or 4 is acceptable then it has to wait for banana bread status
  • @becca_123 I could maybe eat one at a 6, but nothing before that.
  • Bananas are gross by themselves, full stop 
  • 6 or 7 yum! I've always wondered if the sugar/calorie content changes as it gets so much sweeter???
  • 3.  I need a bit of green on my banana.  Otherwise, it's too ripe.
  • I love bananas and eat one pretty much every morning with breakfast. My favorite would probably be a 6, but I've eaten probably every number on that chart. And plantains? Even better than bananas!! 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• becca_123            - same!!
  • I'm a 6, but I'd do 7 if its not to soft. I don't want any green at all! best way to eat it? bananas and peanut butter. mmmm!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Regarding that chart, if I'm desperate for a banana the earliest would be six for me but I prefer 7 or off the charts! I've read that the brown spots can indicate more health benefits... Albeit less browned bananas have a set of their own benefits too!

https://www.healthfreedoms.org/what-happens-to-your-body-after-eating-bananas-with-black-spots-you-will-be-surprised/
  • izza2izza2 member
    I love love love reading the birth stories of other ladies that I know from TTGP, but I also don't think they should really be shared on The Bump.

Not because they're gruesome or whatever -- but because TB can (and does) use anything we post on the forums for anything else they want to. Advertisements, blogs, articles, etc. If they want to write an article about different types of births, all they have to do is look at the birth stories threads on each BMB and they have an abundance of material to choose from. And by being on here, we're agreeing our posts can be used for anything they deem necessary...
    It just freaks me out. Which is why I have zero plans of sharing my birth story on The Bump.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• edited March 2018
    @izza2 Glad you brought that up! I never really thought about that. Am I correct in assuming that includes the "private" forums?

ETA: Just answered that question myself by actually reading the TOU
  • @izza2 I haven't really thought of that. I will definitely start censoring what I share more now. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• izza2izza2 member
    @kfren @Amphibious22 - I'm sure it's the same for most other sites' TOS/TOU, but TB is the only site I've been on that actually uses the forum posts in their blogs/articles, which is why I try to be more aware of what I share here.
    And yeah, it's the entire site, which freaking sucks. Mods/BGs aren't supposed to moderate the private groups, but they can still access all of the posts and use it however they want. :neutral:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• edited March 2018
    @izza2 Big yuck! I don;t like that, nor do I like the inability to edit posts after 30 days. I would say maybe FB would be better, but given the current Cambridge Analytica scandal...

ETA: I am hesitant to share much on FB as it is, but given that all your info is sold pretty much anywhere you go, as much as I'd like to share certain things, I'm not sure I want to share them with data miners. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 if thoughts counted I’d be the worst based on mine. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @izza2 dear lord. Thank you for sharing that information. 
  • galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited March 2018
    Lurking lurker from ttgp -
    Hi friends  <3 we created a general U/O and on the chit chat board.  We miss our old friends and looking to make new ones.  Today we kicked it off with a U/O thread.  Hope you'll join us.  All are welcome.  

Eta- link  https://forums.thebump.com/categories/chit-chat

• Re: bananas, not really a fan of them by themselves, but they are absolutely necessary for a good smoothie with an acceptable texture without at least half a banana smoothies are too watery for my taste. I also love them in oatmeal. But cooked plantains with beans and rice I could eat everyday. 

Re: website uses. i use to be very active on weddingwire when I was engaged. And they I used my comment about my father daughter dance in their “what I’m looking forward to most” article. At least i got credit for it and luckily it wasn’t anything I wouldn’t want people to know. But they will definitely use your posts and comments.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • I'm late on the bananas but I'm a 6. But they have to be cold so on the day I'm gonna eat it, I put it in the fridge for a few hours which discolors it more, but doesn't really ripen it more if that makes sense. 
  • Bananas are the grossest food in the world. Haven't touched one in 15 years; don't plan to anytime soon. 

And that's crazy about The Bump's use of posts. It seems like it would require so little effort for them to reach out to people and just ask before using their content. Maybe they do most of the time, even if their TOU don't require it? In any case, I hope the bump admins' refusal to sticky any of our threads ever means this particular forum is safe ;)
  • @emiliadkay BANANA HATERS UNITE!