June 2018 Moms

PGAL- March

Hi Ladies- Happy March!!

I know most of us experienced early pregnancy losses- but as we head into the 3rd Trimester (eeek that is starting in March) I know we will start hitting trigger weeks for later loss mamas.  Plus I know I had anxiety going into the home stretch with DD, so don't feel like you are alone if you are starting to hit high anxiety again.  Starting the March thread as a place to rant without judgement about all the anxiety you are feeling -especially as everyone is expecting you to be super excited.  Fingers crossed that we all have healthy- non eventful 3rd trimesters.
me 35/ DH 39
married 8/22/2015
BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

Re: PGAL- March

• Fingers crossed for everyone!

Booked my cevical exam for next Thursday. Spoke with my H about the whole situation and he'd rather assume nothing's wrong before jumping to assumptions.
    He's very "go with the flow" which works because I'm exact opposite. We've already looked at the budget for when I'm off, so we're not concerned about that part.

Until we get answers, we both discussed me doing less. Nothing strenuous to ensure if there is an issue, we're not making it worse.

Crazy to think we're all almost in 3rd trimester!
  • It’s hard to believe the third trimester is so near. I actually start it on April 1 so I have to wait a whole month still. 

I really need to get to the point where I can do kick counts. I hate how long I go without feeling him sometimes. It sends me into a panic and I know that’s not helpful. 
    I’m 22+4 today and I lost my daughter at exactly 24 weeks. I’m scared to get to that date but excited to get past it. 

I hope everone’s pregnancies keep going well and are uneventful. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks @jsl82 for getting this going!

@profmcgonagall I’ve been thinking of you and hope these next few weeks fly by for you. 

AFM, the worst I’m dealing with anymore is nightmares. TW: Like I’ll dream I went into labor and had her super early, and I know at almost 27 weeks her chances would be decent, but in my dreams they tell me she’s perfectly fine and breathing on her own and send me home with this preemie where I find out that’s obviously not the case. So processing those kind of dreams the next morning is pretty rough for me until I feel her start to become active for the day. With DD1 I had some typical worries, but nothing this graphic, so I’m chalking it up to PGAL brain this time. End TW. 

I hope everyone else is doing great and is finding some peace with where we are at on this journey!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @2589 those dreams are rough :( 

@profmcgonagall  fx for you and for passing this difficult milestone. 

i never did exact kick counts with DD. What’s the rule of thumb? I had some Oreos so baby girl is kicking away lol. 

• @katie121209 nothing super formal according to my provider, just once a day starting at 28 weeks make sure you feel 10 kicks within 1 hour, if not to drink some juice or something cold and lie down and try again, if not they would have you come in for further evaluation. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @2589 I've read it's 10 kicks in two hours? I feel like bub has quiet periods throughout the day so I hope it's not 10 kicks in one hour. :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @silvergreen the baby sleeps most of the day- your movements lull it to sleep, and that is why you 1) feel LO kicking and playing more often at night when you are laying down for bed and 2) why babies are up all night and sleep all day when they are born.  Don't worry if you don't feel LO moving all the time- it's not 20 kicks every hour.  But if you feel like it's been a while since you have felt any movement drink or eat something sweet and lay down.  If within an hour you still don't feel 10 kicks/ movements than you need to call you dr.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @silvergreen Also, they say not to start kick counts until 28 weeks because baby probably hasn’t established patterns of activity yet before then  :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have been pretty lucky physically.. but this time around my hormones are raging.. and now I’m having panic attacks and stressing out over life in general.. it has not been fun :( started seeing someone on Friday for it and hoping I can get myself out of this funk. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @torileea, I’m sorry you are having a rough time. Hopefully talking to someone about it will help. 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• jsl82jsl82 member
    @torileea I completely feel you on the hormones- the 3rd trimester needs to go by quickly- or I am going to have to be scared for my marriage.  My poor husband can't say anything to me lately without me ripping his head off.  When he calls me out on it- I feel bad- but still think he needs to just deal with it.  Hopefully you find some relief talking to someone.  If they give you any anti-anxiety tips please share with the group.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• I highly recommend progressive muscle relaxation. If you google one lady has a really nice audio walkthrough. Basically it’s a series of exercises that relax each part of the body and focus on deep breathing as well. Taking a minute each hour to practice deep breathing or if you are feeling very overwhelmed. 
  • Baby boy gave us a good scare yesterday. I started having cramping and what seemed to be leaking fluids so I spent a few hours in L&D. Luckily my cervix was closed and my waters are still intact and he is looking good. But I told him he can’t be scaring me like that again. 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• @profmcgonagall scary! Glad everything checked out alright!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    oh @profmcgonagall I'm so sorry you had such a rough day yesterday- but at least you have a little piece of mind knowing that everything was actually okay.  FX that he listens to you and stops scaring you (at least until he is a toddler terror).
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• :(@profmcgonagall glad everything is ok! 
  • Glad everything is ok @profmcgonagall
    and so far the one thing that has helped is a mood scale. You rate your mood 1-10 1 being awful 10 being great and then try and improve it.. so say your a 5, what will it take to get you one point up, go for a walk, coffee, take a bath etc and just start from there 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @profmcgonagall how scary, glad everything ended up being ok
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • How’s everyone doing as were getting closer to the end of March ❤️

I’ve developed insomnia and food aversions
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm a rollercoaster of anxiety. I think about how excited I am to be entering the third trimester as a FTM, but I can't wait for it to be over at the same time. I think I have a hard time relaxing and feeling like everything will go right even though I've made it this far. I was confident nothing would go wrong with my first pregnancy despite it being an early loss. Classic PGAL, I guess. It certainly doesn't help when The Bump and Baby Center frequently post about going into premature labour.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh, @ProfessorMcGonagall glad everything turned out to be fine!! 
    I've been MIA for a while (weeks? A month? I don't even know....) because life has gotten crazy & this little one is sure making his mark. Diagnosed as gestationally diabetic at 25 weeks, and had a high-risk US because despite 3 ultrasounds, they simply could not get clear images of his heart. Perhaps the coolest US ever. We got to see his WHOLE HEART, thank goodness... as well as brain activity, blood flow, they measured his bones, counted his fingers and toes, checked for urine in his bladder and fluid in the belly. Seriously a scary appointment to walk into but such an amazing experience. 

sending all the good vibes to you ladies coming up on tough milestones!!
  • Idk if it's a food aversion, but past couple days I would think I want something then barely wanna eat it.
    Last night we had spinach pizza - which I love - and I could barely finish one slice. I just didn't want it.
  • @twelvetwosomeonenew glad the US went well!! But scary to have to get that referral. 

I have been having racing heart and shortness of breath and was concerned about my bp but I got an at home monitor and it’s been fine. DH asked if anxiety is the cause. I have been anxious thinking about everything coming up but I’m also reading that they are also both 3rd trimester symptoms, I just don’t remember having them with DD. 
  • @katie121209 when I went for my NST I brought the same symptoms up to the nurse, although mine happens only really when I'm laying down.  She laughed and called it something beginning with a V and wrote it off like it was a normal pregnancy symptom.  Something to do with the blood flow and everything being squished.
  • @becca_123 was she referring to a Vasovagal incident? I have a history of those. 
  • @katie121209 That could be it, because I thought it was 2 V words.

@2589 Definitely not vertigo.
  • Wanted to post an update, unfortunately not a good one. 
    Currently in the hospital for threatened preterm labor. I started having regular contractions so I went in. 
    My cervix is closed but funneling which is a change from 3 weeks ago. My FFN was positive which means I have a 25% chance of
    delivering in the next week.
    Currently getting lots of meds to prevent contractions and help baby’s lungs. Contractions have basically stopped at this point so I’m hoping we will be on the good sides of those odds. 

Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• @profmcgonagall I am so sorry to hear this :( I can’t imagine what you are going through. I hope too that you are on the good side of odds and that baby can keep cooking. Please keep us updated. 
  • @profmcgonagall FX so so hard for you. Please do keep us updated. 
  • @profmcgonagall oh my goodness! I will be thinking of you and sending positive vibes that baby stays put for a while longer!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @profmcgonagall when I saw that you posted on this thread my heart sank for you a bit.  Honestly, I was happy that while your news wasn't good- it wasn't the worst case scenario either.  I'm keeping my FX for you... hopefully the medications keep working for you and LO.  75% chance that you WON'T deliver this week- so let's focus on the bigger number.  Keep us all updated.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @profmcgonagall I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this :( keeping you and baby boy in my thoughts.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @profmcgonagall  Here's to possibly getting to go home and hopefully not having to go back for awhile! I'll be thinking of you.  
  • @profmcgonagall - I am sorry you are going through this! I’m glad it looks like everything has calmed down. Hoping you will be able to go home and things will remain calm until closer to term. Fingers crossed and good thoughts coming your way! 
  • @profmcgonagall how scary!  Definitely will be keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.  Hopefully baby boy stays put for awhile longer!!
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @profmcgonagall That's super frightening, but I'm glad that it sounds like it's under control. Will be thinking of you!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @profmcgonagall that is so good to hear! Fx things stay that way!

• Hi all, it's been a long long while since I've checked in... but I've hit the 3rd tri this week and just hoping for an uneventful couple of months. I'm really just hoping to make it through my cousin's wedding mid May. I barely failed my 1hr test and will be doing the 3hr one this weekend... FUN (not!)  It's been busy work and family wise... I've noticed I've been pretty tired come midday  and been taking little 1hr naps in the afternoons. But other than that, baby is moving, poking, punching, kicking and whatnot so it's very reassuring but can be annoying and uncomfortable lol 

Hope all of you are doing well!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS: born Feb 2012
    BFP #1 Aug '15. EDD 4/25/16, MMC Dec '15, D&E Dec '15
    BFP #2 Sept '17  EDD 6/18/18
    praying for our rainbow baby