July 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms 3/16 - 3/18

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms 3/16 - 3/18

• I’ve been working on teaching/training DD to turn off lights when she leaves rooms.  I’m thinking now might be a good opportunity to teach DH too  :p
    Lol I’ve been teaching DS to say please and thank you. I’m hoping DH catches on too :wink:
  • @lindsayleigh1989 I hope a good nights rest madebyour migraine go away! 

@Sarafuss that’s kind of the situation I’m in right now. This is my 3rd baby so we have lots of stuff already. But I need a few things like the car seat and a new bath and some clothes (opposite seasons). I just want to feel prepared! 

• Loading the player...
  • Super excited to be finding out baby's sex today!!
  • Also, not sure why the rest didn't post but I've been having crazy nightmares and last night it escelated to "night terrors". Any techniques for a good night's rest? Plus I've been thinking about purchasing a body pillow as I can absolutely not find a comfortable position! 80% of the time I wake up on my back.  :'(
    Any favorite pillows? 
  • @andrea_s can’t help with the nightmares, crazy, sometimes scary dreams are normal for me during pregnancy. But I love my snoogle! I have a snoogle mini and just bought a pillow for my legs that supposedly help with sciatic pain... TBD whether it actually works! 
  • Test driving some cars today! Right now it's between the Hyundai Tucson, the Subaru Outback (or maybe Forester), and the Nissan Rogue.
  • I feel like huge blob today. My boobs, butt, and thighs are huge and struggling to find comfortable undergarments. I put on a semi body hugging dress and yeah not happening. I need to find the energy to get back to some prenatal Pilates. 
  • @acunamatada Thanks! I'll definitely check it out!  :)
  • @wildtot I put on skinny jeans today for work... Bad idea. 
  • @supersara2 How exciting! I'm looking into new cars myself. My bf has a Honda Civic it's a two door coup- not very family friendly! 
  • To share we bought a RAV4 with DS and we love it! 
  • hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited March 2018
    Ugh. This week has been one for the books. I got sick earlier this week and after feeling exhausted from DST got kicked in the butt by sickness. My daughter has also been up several times a night every night this week and so I haven’t been getting as much sleep as I’m used to (even though I’m not up much each time, the act of waking up is hard for me). Then last night my son was up hysterical and throwing up. So I had to deal with that and today when he threw up on my carpet again, I kinda lost it. I’m being booted from the house so I can run errands alone and decompress a little bit. 

Sorry for the rant. It’s just been a tough end to a tough week. I’m crossing all my fingers and toes for a better week next week. 

• @zande2006 so sorry about the paycheck fiasco, I hope it turns up...I am actually one if those people who keeps accounts separately so the other person can't judge what I spend money on - as long as we both equally contribute to the joint account for joint expenses I am more than happy to use my own money for whatever I please! But it's definitely not cool when one of the two spends unnecessary money especially when finances are tight.

@supersara2 let us know if you decide on something! I am considering the VW Tiguan, the Hyundai Santa Fe and the more $$$ option: the Volvo XC 60! Which will probably not happen unless DH trades in his fancy Acura for something more basic.

@wildtot I'm slowly popping more and more everyday and haven't wanted to step on the scale but at this point we just need to accept the growing belly, right??
  • @hillbillywife I hope you catch a break, you 100% deserve it!

I crossed 4-5 things off my to do already and I feel so accomplished. I should also try to pick up our back patio but I'll be procrastinating that...or convince DH to do it...
  • @kissableviv it was current situation, it wasn't just me judging his purchases...he lost his job suddenly/unexpectedly and we were not financially prepared for that. So he was working these jobs to make ends meet, but spending money unnecessarily while working them, and he wasn't getting such a high hourly rate so it made no sense. 
  • @supersara2 we had a Nissan Rogue and liked it.  We traded it in for a Honda Oddysey about 6 months into having 3 kids because having 3 across in the back seat was a nightmare.  The older two fought constantly!  But for one or two kids it’s great!  Of the ones you listed though I would totally get a Subaru.  I love them and I’d love to get one when my Prius bites the dust someday.  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Add me to the stroller indecision list. We need a double and I'm still debating the City Select ($$$), a Chicco or the Joovy Ultralight. Hoping to take DH into a store soon to test drive them all because he thinks the Joovy may be too unreliable.
  • @kissableviv I love to do lists for that exact reason! crossing things off is the best! yay for being productive! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @tarheelgirl8 couldn’t you cut a kitty door on the door to the basement? We did that at my moms house to one of the rooms and it works perfect and it’s not super noticeable. :-)
  • +1 to Subarus! I have a Crosstrek and used to have a Forester, and of two liked the trunk space of the Forester better than my Crosstrek. Crosstreks were cheaper though so at the time that's what I got. I am a Subaru owner for life at this point (I think they are coming out with a 7 passenger this year) because they are all all wheel drive (I live in VT) and the mpg for an AWD car can't really be beat by another brand! 
  • @elizabethrn87 looks good! I am cutting a bunch of mine off in late April-I think it hangs down almost to my butt, haha.

DS and DH are still sleeping right now! I have had 1.5 hours to do my own thing and still counting! It is amazing. 

Question: how does everyone feel about the upcoming product spotlight? Survival Gear for winter? Does that work for people or is there something else on the spreadsheet y'all would rather see?
  • @andrea_s What have you been looking at?

@kissableviv @Sarafuss @SmashJam I tested the Subaru Forester and the Outback, and I liked the Forester better. Not by a whole lot, though. I just don't think I need that long of a car. But they both drove great! They felt solid, and accelerating and braking felt smooth. I'm used to driving sedans, but parking them next to other cars felt fine. 

I also tested the Nissan Rogue. It felt fine. I think I liked the Forester slightly better though. I can see myself being fine with either. My husband drives an Impreza, so he's leaning toward me getting the Forester. Decisions are hard!
  • @supersara2 we have a Forester and love it! Ours is 6 years old and we've never had a single issue with it. They're rated really high for safety, maybe you could do a safety rating comparison with the Rogue to help your decision. Also I don't know what climate you live in, but for me it was non negotiable that one of our cars has AWD. Not sure if that's an option with the Rogue but if it is, it's probably an extra charge whereas all Subarus have it standard. 
  • @elizabethrn87 looks great! I just cut off a good 4” up to almost my shoulders, I wanted to stop myself from ALWAYS wearing it up. 
  • @supersara2 I ended up not being in love with Subarus but I think they are great in terms of safety and also have a good price point! So you can't really go wrong. I used to have a Nissan and now I feel Hyundai and Honda are better but a friend got a Murano and she loves it.

I had a super full Saturday but I'm currently "sleeping in" (was up at 7:45 instead of 7, haha) and I plan to lay low all day!

@elizabethrn87 looks good! I finally have layers and my hair feels so much lighter. 

@smashjam I am not very interested in the winter gear because winter here isn't really a thing, haha. Where is the spreadsheet? Sorry, I don't know if there is a link to it.

@MichelleAG05 in the end we are set on the Vista and DH is tired of looking at other options. It's a splurge but we don't have to buy a bassinet and we got gifted a new monitor plus an additional camera (similar to the nest) by his dad, so we are ok to splurge on the stroller.
  • @lindsayleigh1989 and @hillbillywife I hope you ladies are feeling better soon. Lindsay, those migraines sound like such a nightmare!

@zande2016 I hope your DH finds the check! Sounds like he needs direct deposit.

@andrea_s how exciting! Let us know.

@wildtot I struggle getting dressed for work everyday it makes me want to cry. I can't do my regular clothes and I don't fill out maternity clothes. You always look great in your HDBD pics.

@elizabethrn87 pretty picture, I like the cut

I'm spending the morning hanging out with DD and watching some Shimmer and Shine while hubby and my MIL sleep in a bit. I'm 23 weeks today and the baby is active this morning so I'm enjoying that. The weekend has flown by. We got a twin bed for my 2 year old DD yesterday. Today we are ordering a mattress for her. I think we are going with the casper or tulo.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runsomewhere I'm having a girl!!  <3o:)

@supersara2 Growing up my family just bought Toyota's, they're reliable and I love that they come with Toyota Care for a year or two of checkups. really like the Rav 4 2016 in white :D But bf doesn't  :s  I feel more comfortable and safe driving an SUV vs a Sedan plus they just seem more family friendly! We'll see! 
  • @elizabethrn87 so cute!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @elizabethrn87 I got mine cut today too, 1st time since my 18 month old was 3 months old lol. I cut off a lot!! Yours looks really good! 

@kissableviv when/where are you getting your vista? I saw 2017's are starting to do gown in price on Amazon since the 2018 was released, so I am torn between grabbing one while they still have them vs waiting for my amazon registry completion discount in May. 
  • @zande2016 in all honesty I read that no functional improvements were made to the 2018 model so I'd be ok with it. We put both models on the registry (it's still private) until we decide but we're probably not getting it until May. The color we like is not very discounted so it ends up being the same as the completion discount - do you know if you can apply that on something that's on sale?
  • Hmmm I don't know, we have the 2017 one on our secret Amazon registry and it's discounted and says eligible for the completion discount so I think so. But I think at some point they'll run out and only sell the 2018. I read the only real difference is they made the bassinet bigger, which I don't care about. @kissableviv
  • Thanks for the well wishes. Got lots of tears and frustration out yesterday and finally had a good nights sleep last night so I’m feeling much better today. 
  • @noideawhatshesdoing I also am feeling the itch to travel - and similarly getting FB flashbacks to a past trip that are making it even harder.  My husband gets very little PTO and what we have we are saving for some leave for him when the baby comes (since also no paid paternity leave).  I've been trying to plan some weekend "trips" around town to places we've been meaning to check out and dreaming of maybe a trip when the baby is 1.5 years old or something...my brother and his wife are going to Greece and leaving their 1.5 year old with my parents next month!

• @zande2016 I'm in NJ, so we do get snow; the AWD would be helpful. I didn't feel comfortable driving in the snow in my Honda (I also didn't have snow tires, so that could be a part of it).

@kissableviv My dad has bought 2 Nissan Muranos in a row, so he's a fan. I might try out the Hyundai Tucson next. I used to love Hondas, but the 2018 models are mostly touchscreen for the radio and navigation, and that's turn off for me. I had to drive a Civic as a loaner car for a bit, and I really wasn't a fan. I like buttons.

@andrea_s I've heard good things about Toyotas!
  • @supersara2 I like buttons too!. Glad to know I'm not the only one lol