August 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions 3/13

2»

Re: Weekly Questions 3/13

• Options
    @kburg15 had an appointment last week with genetic counselor due to abnormal sequential screen. I spoke to one before conceiving due to MTHFR mutations, Ashkenazi heritage, and autimmune issues. The appointments were drastically different, and both counselors made conversation, and encourage questions. At this point, I think one question to ask, would how will this impact pregnancy/baby going forward but that seems like a give in. 
  • Options
    @neeraja_k I went in for my dental check up last week and have some crazy pregnancy gingivitis. My gums have been bleeding nonstop since I found out I was pregnant. He said good news is it will go away when baby gets here. Until then, extra soft bristle brush, sensitive toothpaste, floss with the toothpaste foam still in your mouth, and a hydrogen peroxide/water mouth rinse morning and night. He also said if my gums are irritated during the day to use a warm salt water rinse to help calm them down. Good news is that there is an end in sight?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So far switching my toothbrush to a soft bristle brush and adding a hydrogen peroxide based mouthwash to my routine (instead of my usual Act mouthwash), the painful problems seem to have cleared up. *knocks on wood*

Now I notice when I chew gum now that my teeth feel loose.  :#