Infertility
Options

New Girl!

Hi y'all! My name is Courtney and my DH and I got married in February 2017 and have been TTC ever since, I am 26 and he is 37. My mom passed away 5 days after our wedding, so I initially thought the stress of it all was the reason we weren't having any luck, but about 6 months ago we started all of the preliminary testing which showed I have one blocked Fallopian tube and my DH has EXTREMELY low sperm count (.2 million) and low motility. We recently just met with a RE and she recommended to start with trying to open my blocked tube and my husband to see a urologist, but if either of those are unsuccessful she did mention that we would have to jump straight to IVF because his counts are too low for IUI. 

I personally don't know anyone who has gone through infertility, so finding and reading this forum has brought a lot of comfort to my DH and I. 

Re: New Girl!

• Options
    @courtneylaurens Welcome and so sorry you find yourself here. We are also dealing with MFI(low count 5-7 mil and low morph) too so we moved straight to IVF because of that and I’m AMA(37). We did our ER back in Dec and I had a minor surgery to remove a septum from my uterus In Jan and we are awaiting our FET in April!
    Has your H started taking any supplement/vitamins? 
  • Options
    Thank you, and I'm sorry you are having to be here as well. My H has not started taking anything because he has not seem a urologist or anything yet and we don't know what kind of vitamins/supplements he should be taking. 
    Good luck to you in April!! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! There are a lot of ladies on here with different issues but it'll give you a lot of insight, support and place to let it all out! Especially when the rest of the world doesn't get it. Good luck to you!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    j2415j2415 member
    Hi Courtney,
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I have a friend, her fallopian tubes are both blocked so the doctor also recommended IVF. I have another friend, her twins are a result of IVF.

I also had infertility treatments for 2 years and I understand the emotional ups and downs of infertility. I pray that you will have peace as you go through this and you will have your heart's desire to have a child. Update us please, God bless.
  • Options
    @courtneylaurens Hey and welcome! Sorry that you have to go on this journey. 

Did they say what can be done about the blocked tube? Hopefully the urologist will have some easy answers for yh. 

Also, I just lost my dad in december so I understand. Hugs. If you ever need anyone to talk to about that, my inbox is open. I know I'm a stranger, but I find that there is an instant bond with this type of a thing with people who get it <3  
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @courtneylaurens welcome and I'm sorry to hear about your mom and your challenges to get pregnant. DH has a 2 million count and low everything else as well- diagnosed as severe MFI. He is also a good bit older than me- 14 years to your 11.  He saw one of the top urologists in the US and he said since his body is already trying to make up with his testosterone in the normal range medication like clomid wouldn't help. We tried IUI 2x while waiting for his insurance to kick in partial IVF coverage. It's tough- I think its very hard when part or all of the challenge is him. My husband wouldn't talk much about it and it was kind of the elephant in the room. I recommend you learn as much as you can and think about your options and support each other as much as you can, too. Almost 3 years in to this journey and our marriage is stronger than ever because we are best friends, ask each other for what we need, and keep a sense of humor.  If you can both genuinely laugh when your husband watches you wiping gel out of your nether regions after another ultrasound with a grossed out look because he can't produce healthy sperm, then you can get through anything <3
  • Options
    mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited March 2018
    Hi @courtneylaurens, welcome and I’m sorry about your mom and that you’re going through this!  I’m new here as well. *TW*  I only have one fallopian tube now due to an ectopic in Nov of 15 *end TW* and found out in January that my remaining tube is damaged.  Since it’s my only tube my options were to try to repair and then have 1/3 chance of gettig pregnant in the next year, if it works, or remove the tube and move straight to IVF.  Since I’m 34, I opted to move straight to IVF and not waste the next year waiting.  I am getting my tube removed at the end of the month and then can start the IVF cycle in mid May.

Are your doctors recommending doing anything with your blocked tube?  Or just to leave it because your other tube is ok? (Unless I’m reading wrong).
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Options
    @cmarieb35 Thank you, I went today for my follicular ultrasound and they results were great, so they started me on a birth control to schedule me for a hysteroscopy in the next 2 weeks to see what we can do about my blocked tube. It sounds like they are going to open it if they can, but if not it doesn't sound like they are concerned.
    I don't blame you a single bit for wanting to jump straight into IVF and I wish you all the best in your journey!