Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Thursday 3/15

eleven_eleven_ member
edited March 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

Cycle Day/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What is your favorite and least favorite thing about the area you live in?
TW
Me: 33 DH: 32
DS:  March 2014
DD: May 2015
BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: TWW Thursday 3/15

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 13/10

Cycle Day/DPO: 22/6

Timing: -5, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 14-15 days

Testing: Only if AF doesn't show

R/R: The weather here is a little nutty. It was bright and sunny, then dark and snowy, then sunny and snowy now it is just sunny. It is more wintery than November to February combined.

CS/Q: -

GTKY: I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. My favourite thing is how green our province is. Our cities have huge parks and trees everywhere. My least favourite thing is how our Liberal government is acting like right-wing nut jobs. It isn't surprising though; all governments, regardless of their political alignment, seem to turn Conservative as soon as they take office.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

Cycle Day/DPO: 23/2

Timing: -1, 0

Typical LP length: not sure

Testing: I'm thinking a week from Saturday or Sunday, will be 11/12dpo by then

R/R: nothing much to rant about today. Rave - it's almost Friday, and DH doesn't have to work tonight/tomorrow night so I get to see him more than a usual week this week.

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What is your favorite and least favorite thing about the state you live in? I think my favorite and least favorite would both be the weather. I love that we have a definite four seasons, but I'm so tired of snow. Although I'll take snow over hurricanes/tornadoes/earthquakes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @meri-mac I'm ready for the sun to come out and stay out. The last week has been all snow and clouds, with 5 minute breaks of sun here and there.
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 9/9

Cycle Day/DPO: 13/O day… I decided to join TWW because the WTO was ginormous yesterday.

Timing: So far -4 and -1

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: 3/24

R/R: I just drove to work in the biggest snowstorm. It was almost 70 a couple day ago. I was not prepared for this!

CS/Q: 

GTKY: 
    What is your favorite and least favorite thing about the area you live in? Utah is so beautiful. I love that I live so close to the mountains. The skiing/snowboarding here is amazing and we have some of the best hikes. I dislike how intense summer gets here. DNW to go outside when it is over 100 degrees. Also, I am not religious so it’s hard to live in a state run by Mormons. We can’t even buy wine at the grocery store :'( 

@meri-mac I changed the GTKY from state to area. My morning brain forgot that not everyone lives in the US.

TW

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

Cycle Day/DPO:  23/7

Timing: -3, -1, O

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: Hopefully I'll wait until 12 dpo

R/R: No rant, Rave- one more day until the weekend and thanks to working extra hours earlier this week I get to leave early today!

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What is your favorite and least favorite thing about the area you live in? I'm going to echo @fantasyflyte I love that we have four seasons. But after a couple of warm days a few weeks ago I'm ready for winter to be over and move on to spring. 
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 6/6

Cycle Day/DPO: CD24/?

Timing: I didn't chart this month, but as long as I O'd somewhere before CD19, it should be good (CD5, 8, 10, 13, 15, 21).

Typical LP length: Seems to be 10-14.

Testing: I'm honestly waiting for AF, but tempted to test.

R/R: Rant - my insurance won't cover the medication the second opinion ortho wants me to try, so I have to pay it out of pocket. Yay.

CS/Q: I didn't chart this month.

GTKY: What is your favorite and least favorite thing about the area you live in? Favorite thing would be the weather and that I live twenty minutes from Disney World. Least favorite thing is the traffic and tourists (but if it wasn't for tourists, I wouldn't have a job).
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    @fantasyflyte Extra time with YH is awesome! I completely understand since my fiance and I work different hours. Sometimes it is tough, but those rare moments when the schedules align make it special. He didn't have to go to his martial arts class on Tuesday due to snow so that was a bonus :) I hope you get some sustainable sun soon.

@eleven_ That's not a problem! Thank you for changing it though :) I hope you got to work without too much wheel gripping! I know very little about Utah a part from Salt Lake City and the Mormons. Can you not buy alcohol anywhere in the state?

@cate03 That is sweet that you get to leave early. What are you going to do with your freedom?

@dreamscapes_ Sorry about the insurance SNAFU. Fx it won't be too expensive. 
  • Options
    @meri-mac You can buy beer at the grocery stores, but the alcohol content has to be 3.2%, not the normal 4%. All the rest of the alcohol is sold at state liquor stores which aren't open on Sundays. 
    @dreamscapes_ I'm still so jealous you live so close to Disney World. I will get there one day. 
    TW

• Options
    @meri-mac I've gotten friendly with GoodRX over the last year and a half, so I've already found it on there at another pharmacy for like $20. It's just getting over there, lol. I'm sorry your weather is so crazy!
    @eleven_ When you do, let me know! :) Our liquor laws here aren't as restrictive as they are in Utah, but anything stronger than beer and wine is sold in a separate store. Which is kind of stupid in my opinion, but whatever. I honestly had no idea it gets so hot there during the summer!
    @fantasyflyte Yay for seeing DH a little more this week! We used to be on opposite schedules at work, so I totally get that.
    @cate03 That's great that you get to leave work early today!

• Options
    @dreamscapes_ & @eleven_ That sucks. We can't buy liquor in grocery stores, but our liquor stores are open 7 days a week.
  • Options
    @meri-mac We don't really drink, so it doesn't really affect us. DH sometimes has a drink, but very rarely, and I don't drink at all (family history of substance abuse, plus I have an addictive personality).
  • Options
    Lurking from wto

@eleven_ When I lived in PA, it was exactly like that because it was a commonwealth state. I just looked it up and Utah is one of a small handful of commonwealth states. I wonder if that's a thing with common wealth states. 

Anyway, I find it strange that religion is somehow tied to the inability to drink. I'm a reformed christian (we are huge believers in taking the scriptures as a whole and in context) and our perspective is that the bible doesn't say don't drink. It just says don't be drunk with wine and then in other places, it goes on to explain how drunkards live. There is a huuuuuuge difference between being buzzed/tipsy and being a drunkard. My two cents. /shrugs
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    eleven_eleven_ member
    edited March 2018
    @suzycupcake I know that Mormons read The Bible, but they really believe that The Book of Mormon is more accurate. In The Book of Mormon it specifically says not to drink alcohol... and hot drinks. So they don't drink coffee or tea either. I'm just waiting for a Mormon to jump in here and tell me I've messed this up somehow. 
    ETA:
    @dreamscapes_ Yes, summer here is super intense. It's extremely dry though... I guess that's better than humid heat. I went to Florida when I was younger for a cruise, and the first thing I remember is how hard it was to breathe! The humidity was insane. 
    TW

• Options
    @eleven_ I have a whole lot of a whole lot to say about that but I won't here  :D
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @eleven_ When I was working in Alaska about ten years ago, a lot of the people I worked with were Mormons and I just remember thinking that some of their customs were quite strange to me. Then again, I'm an atheist, and all of it is strange to me. But yeah, the humidity here in Florida is horrible sometimes. We moved here three years ago from the midwest and I can't imagine moving back, though. The cold weather was horrible for my chronic pain.
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 10/7

Cycle Day/DPO: 26/9

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 15

Testing: not till AF is due 

R/R: fire alarm went off at 2.30 this morning and scared the living daylights out of me. Took me forever to get back to sleep because my heart was racing

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: What is your favorite and least favorite thing about the area you live in? It's beautiful and there are vineyards and pretty beaches. However we get lots of tourists, my issues aren't so much with them but with the locals which are Olympic level whingers
  • Options
    Lurking from wto
    @eleven_ my H loves Utah, he's gotten some car work done there and gone for work.  I remember him mentioning something about how the drinking culture is totally different. I don't remember what exactly he said but I remember him being annoyed by it.  Also.... 3.2%???? I'm in Oregon and I've had beers up to 12.75%! That's ridiculous. At 3.2% that might as well be considered a non-alcoholic beverage. I think I actually remember that's why he was annoyed. The 3.2%... I think I remember him telling me something about how they have beer made just for Utah.  I could totally be making that up though.  
  • Options
    @galactickates Yes, I know. 3.2% is absolutely pathetic. I won't even drink them because I don't want to drink 5 beers to get a buzz for a billion calories. You can get really good beers at the liquor store like Rogue with a higher percentage. I remember going to a store in Oregon where they sold lots of different beers and we were in absolute heaven. Way bigger selection than we see here. 
    TW